'Russia is seriously running out of cash'

Caporegime
While extremely unlikely - I'd say we are actually at the closest point we have ever been in the last 50 years. While largely a game of brinkmanship there is a fair amount of potential there for things to escalate/go wrong.

you said it yourself "extremely unlikely" closest we've been years or not we're still not close at all.

or else it would be likely.

Man of Honour
you said it yourself "extremely unlikely" closest we've been years or not we're still not close at all.

or else it would be likely.

Russian upper echelon seem pretty convinced that actual conflict with the US is inevitable and the US seems intent on provoking Russia - I'm certainly not going to be blasé about the potential for it as things are.

Soldato
What happens if both Russia and the US apply a no-fly zone over Syria, I guess this has already been answered, not much, both planes will just go about their business with heightened tensions?

How much does it actually take to start a war, I would imagine it would never fully escalate rather some tit for tat then a world wide response would calm things down.

Man of Honour
What happens if both Russia and the US apply a no-fly zone over Syria, I guess this has already been answered, not much, both planes will just go about their business with heightened tensions?

How much does it actually take to start a war, I would imagine it would never fully escalate rather some tit for tat then a world wide response would calm things down.

War is a funny business - entities largely don't tend to go to war unless they are either desperate to the point of last resort or supremely confident they can win but sometimes you get unreconcilable issues that escalate to war or even the simplest of things triggering a situation that can't be backed down from fast enough.

My concern here is that Russia seems to be considering themselves being backed into a corner and the US seems to be acting in a somewhat overbearing, bullying, manner with a certain complacency for the consequences and that is a dangerous combination.

Soldato
My concern here is that Russia seems to be considering themselves being backed into a corner and the US seems to be acting in a somewhat overbearing, bullying, manner with a certain complacency for the consequences and that is a dangerous combination.

It's double standards to let Russia get away with what they do and condemn others because of their stockpile. I'm very glad the U.S is taking such a strong hand with them.

Associate
This world war 3 has already started, its in its early phases since Syria and the gas pipeline. It won't be like any other wars, with taking countries or fighting for freedom from oppression and evil. This is an economic war which will have covert wars hidden away from public knowledge, lots of espionage and hacking too.

The usa is used to having global dominance, especially with the petrodollar. Since Brics, namely china and russia have started their own joint financial bank (possibly gold backed) the usa are totally against it.

gadafi tried to move away from the petrodollar and go gold ;)

*excuse my spelling. cba

Man of Honour
quoted for lols. FYI the doomsday clock is at the highest it has ever been since world war 2. We are nearer to ww3 than ever before but stay deluded if you wish to .

Negative. We are at 3 mins to midnight. We were at 3 mins in 1984 and 2 mins in 1953. I would also suggest that the Bay of Pigs took us far closer to WW3 than we are now.

http://thebulletin.org/timeline

Caporegime
Negative. We are at 3 mins to midnight. We were at 3 mins in 1984 and 2 mins in 1953. I would also suggest that the Bay of Pigs took us far closer to WW3 than we are now.

http://thebulletin.org/timeline

Depends how you see things, the Russians have gotten a bit better at their game of appearing more dangerous than they are.

All of their wargames are based on a first-strike tactical nuke right now, i wouldn't poke it too hard.

Associate
The Guardian have reported that Russia has moved nuclear capable ballistic missile battalions into Kaliningrad, along with supplying Assad with advanced anti aircraft weapons. If the US and their Gulf state allies want to achieve whatever it is they want in Syria, they will have to square up to Russia at some point.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Guardian have reported that Russia have moved nuclear capable ballistic missile battalions into Kaliningrad, along with supplying Assad with advanced anti aircraft weapons. If the US and their Gulf state allies want to achieve whatever it is they want in Syria, they will have to square up to Russia at some point.

What countries does America have nukes in again?

Man of Honour
Well the Russians are convinced that the US can launch nuclear cruise missiles from their missile defense systems in Eastern Europe. Turkey has US nukes as does Germany, who knows?

To my knowledge the US nuclear weapons in Turkey are largely old stock designed for mounting on older planes that in most cases these days couldn't be utilised particularly offensively - not really useful for much more than slowing an advance down in the event of a country like Russia going all out.

Associate
To my knowledge the US nuclear weapons in Turkey are largely old stock designed for mounting on older planes that in most cases these days couldn't be utilised particularly offensively

Sounds like a bluff!

No ordinary person knows what they have or how quickly they can launch it. The first we will know about WW3 is supersonic winds and unusually high temperatures.

Back
Top Bottom