Poll: Russian Grand Prix 2021, Sochi - Race 15

Rate the 2021 Russian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I know everyone makes mistakes and I'm a big fan of Lewis but he does seem to not be 100% himself this season. Whether it is covid or not who knows but something seems to have slightly blunted his performance, not by a lot but enough to be noticeable imo.

Soldato
I know everyone makes mistakes and I'm a big fan of Lewis but he does seem to not be 100% himself this season. Whether it is covid or not who knows but something seems to have slightly blunted his performance, not by a lot but enough to be noticeable imo.
He's been performing at such a high level for such a long time. What goes up must come down. He's definitely in the twilight of his F1 career, I mean he's still a beast in an F1 car. However, It looks like he's having to try and push much harder to stay as competitive. I think its only natural that we are going to be seeing small mistakes start to creep in.
What we have seen in previous years is him driving comfortably within himself and thats why he's looked so flawless in past seasons.

Soldato
Something DC said in the Schumacher biopic comes to mind. He said that at the end of his career at 37, he would go for a gap only to find that it was no longer there, that he simply wasn’t as sharp as his younger self.

Maybe there’s an element of that coming through with Hamilton. Maybe the pressure of Max and RBR this season is forcing him into mistakes.

Who knows, but at this rate he’s not going to win the WDC.

Caporegime
Something DC said in the Schumacher biopic comes to mind. He said that at the end of his career at 37, he would go for a gap only to find that it was no longer there, that he simply wasn’t as sharp as his younger self.

Maybe there’s an element of that coming through with Hamilton. Maybe the pressure of Max and RBR this season is forcing him into mistakes.

Who knows, but at this rate he’s not going to win the WDC.
I suspect he will win because Max will make more mistakes before the end of the season because he still hasn’t learned anything despite four years in F1.

Soldato
I'm not sure. It's just a couple of fairly minor errors. Yes they're uncharacteristic, but I doubt they're the result of pressure. More likely it's just one of those weekends.

I suspect he will win because Max will make more mistakes before the end of the season because he still hasn’t learned anything despite four years in F1.
I think that's the case too. Verstappen has never been in a single-seater title battle, and that inexperience should count against him.

Mercedes still look to have the fastest car too. Have had for the last 3 races (probably the summer break, but Spa was inconclusive) and still have this weekend.

Soldato
It seems to me he's making uncharacteristic mistakes this season, although he's clearly still got blistering pace. Age or long covid?

A bit of bad luck combined with some actual competition from other teams. Don't count everything on a couple of wet races where there's a lot more rolls of the dice happening up and down the field.

Caporegime
Russell, norris and sainz did the job. Took a sensible risk and it paid off.

Yet again dissapointed by Ocon.
So annoyed alpine signed him for 3 years!
Take it the win and its been a bad second half of the season.

I bet verstappen was pretty happy with how q3 went!

Could be a win for norris this!

Quite a few mistakes by Hamilton.

Soldato
Hamilton keeps has made 3 or 4 mistakes this season. Think he is getting old.

Schumacher also won his last world championship at 35. Damon Hill at 36, but now we are going quite far back.

Vettel, Alonso, Hakkinen, Raikkonen, Buttion, Rosberg, Villeneuve all way younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom