RX 5600 XT - Cannot change resolution past 640 x 480

Associate
So I just received my PC back from an RMA, and it has a different GPU than when I sent it out. This wouldn't be a problem, but now my screen it stuck on 640 resolution and I cannot change it: the box is greyed out. Before I was running at 1920 x 1080.

I have tried removing and updating the associated drivers, as well as installing the Adrenaline software, to no avail. If you need any other specs I can send them, but as it was fine pre-GPU change I figure there's some disconnect between the new one any my screen.

Any help would be appreciated!

Associate
OP
Did you successfuly remove and update the drivers as you said you tried ?

Download ddu , uninstall all drivers then reinstall new.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

The ddu worked great, let me put on 1920 resolution. I went to reinstall the drivers again in the device manager, but said I had the latest. So I downloaded the AMD software to get the drivers, but immediately it went back to 640 res.
Do I just not update the drivers / avoid the AMD software?

Man of Honour
The ddu worked great, let me put on 1920 resolution. I went to reinstall the drivers again in the device manager, but said I had the latest. So I downloaded the AMD software to get the drivers, but immediately it went back to 640 res.
Do I just not update the drivers / avoid the AMD software?
Confused why it would say you have the latest drivers after you uninstalled the drivers .

Try an older driver version reading online that there has been problems with the layest amd driver locking resoloution to 640.

https://community.amd.com/t5/driver...-3-1-locked-my-monitor-to-640x480/td-p/458529

Associate
OP
Confused why it would say you have the latest drivers after you uninstalled the drivers .

Try an older driver version reading online that there has been problems with the layest amd driver locking resoloution to 640.

https://community.amd.com/t5/driver...-3-1-locked-my-monitor-to-640x480/td-p/458529

Yeah I was confused too. I ran the ddu a second time, after the latest drivers failed. And now it told me it could update the Basic Windows Display Driver, and downloaded the Radeon driver again, breaking the resolution.
Just tried to install an older driver but it still locks the resolution with the Aug 2020 version (oldest on the list when I looked)
The RX Vega I had previously had none of these issues so I'm as confused as I am frustrated as to why my freshly repaired PC is giving so much grief

Man of Honour
Yeah I was confused too. I ran the ddu a second time, after the latest drivers failed. And now it told me it could update the Basic Windows Display Driver, and downloaded the Radeon driver again, breaking the resolution.
Just tried to install an older driver but it still locks the resolution with the Aug 2020 version (oldest on the list when I looked)
The RX Vega I had previously had none of these issues so I'm as confused as I am frustrated as to why my freshly repaired PC is giving so much grief
Its strange they replaced your gpu and didnt install the drivers to test the new gpu works, thats lazy.

Your Going to have to give them a call and maybe send it back.

Man of Honour
Yeah, I see a lot of talk about monitor firmware and gigabyte + amd not fixing driver issues. I'll have a go at changing the firmware but don't think I scan do it. Using a TV not a monitor
Can you get hold of a monitor to see if the gpu works or take your pc to a friends to plug into there monitor ?

Associate
OP
Maybe try a new HDMI cable for your tv, what other connection are on your gpu ?

What model 5600xt is it ?

I've tried two different HDMI to no avail. Also tried the VGA > HDMI on the tv and also doesn't work. I have 1 HDMI output, and 3 DP outputs

Model is a Gigabyte Radeon RX 5600 XT

Man of Honour
I've tried two different HDMI to no avail. Also tried the VGA > HDMI on the tv and also doesn't work. I have 1 HDMI output, and 3 DP outputs

Model is a Gigabyte Radeon RX 5600 XT
Vga to hdmi on the tv confused as the gpu doesnt have vga unless the vga on the tv.

Presuming tv connection is hdmi .

The only other thing to try would be to get a dp to hdmi cable.

Soldato
Have you reseated the card? If you received the PC back from repair in its entirety it's possible the GPU has come slightly loose in the PCI-E slot during transit? I say take it out completely and re fit it, including any PCI-E power cables just to make sure.

Associate
OP
Vga to hdmi on the tv confused as the gpu doesnt have vga unless the vga on the tv.

Presuming tv connection is hdmi .

The only other thing to try would be to get a dp to hdmi cable.

Yeah VGA is on the tv, HDMI on the board.
I've contacted OC to see what they say, I'll look into the cable also

Associate
OP
Have you reseated the card? If you received the PC back from repair in its entirety it's possible the GPU has come slightly loose in the PCI-E slot during transit? I say take it out completely and re fit it, including any PCI-E power cables just to make sure.

I gave everything a gentle press, just in case I dislodged something when removing the foam filling. But I'll try fully reseating the GPU and cables too

Back
Top Bottom