• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 7600XT 16GB Launched.

Suspended
OP
I never saw that RX 6600 for £190, that's a cracking good deal.

I agree with you the RX 7700XT is just a bit too much money, you do have one for £420, and that is tempting, even if i'm not keep on Gigabyte GPU's, i like the Sapphire Pulse.
So i'm still umming and ahring... Its not quite grabbing me.

And the 7800XT, given the price of the 4070 i can't complain too much, but if it was £450... the Sapphire Pulse? Brilliant, take my money...

Last edited:
Soldato
The problem with the RX7600XT is AMD didn't even use higher speed GDDR6, so the card is still bandwidth limited.
Not sure how much difference that would make, i think the restriction is the bus width. I CBA to do the maths but i suspect the 128bit bus and its clock speed is the limiting factor, and even further up/down the pipeline with how much data/work the compute units can reasonably get done.

It's basically too much memory for the size of the core or conversely the GPU core is too small to make much use of that amount of memory.

Suspended
OP
Its 288GB/s, they are run with H56G42AS8DX-014 memory IC's which are rated for 20Gb/s but run at 18Gb/s, i don't know why they did that...

Comparing it to the RTX 2080 which is at 102% for 1080P and 107% for 1440P
The RX 6700XT with a 192Bit Bus is 114% at 1080P and 121% at 1440P

It does choke a little at 1440P vs 1080P, but, not having enough VRam is far worse than not having enough bandwidth.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure how much difference that would make, i think the restriction is the bus width. I CBA to do the maths but i suspect the 128bit bus and its clock speed is the limiting factor, and even further up/down the pipeline with how much data/work the compute units can reasonably get done.

It's basically too much memory for the size of the core or conversely the GPU core is too small to make much use of that amount of memory.

The issue is that it lacks enough Infinity Cache,so higher clocked RAM would make a difference. AMD cheaped out on Navi 33 - the extra density of TSMC 6NM should have been used to increase the Infinity Cache amount. This is why the card has issues at higher resolutions because it lacks enough memory bandwidth. If they don't want to do that,then they need to run higher clocked RAM. It also does not implement a full RDNA3 design.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes it's comical from both AMD and Nvidia, seems Intel is only one with dGPU hardware at a more realistic price and that is only because their drivers are still developing for the hardware, next round it will be all three GPU makers taking the micky out of us consumers.

The greed of these companies has no bounds. Honestly the only way these companies will get the hint and fix the terrible prices is by consumers refusing to buy, but the FOMO is strong within this hobby and credit cards are easy to get... So here we are.. Sad times really for PC technology from pricing to the tiny uplifts we get now.

Do you remember the time when we used to be able to overclock graphics cards and it was fun to eek out extra performance :D

Last edited:
Suspended
OP
The performance matters less than the price, yes the 6700XT is faster but it was £450, its still around because AMD made too many of them.

IMO AMD should take the hit and fire sale remaining RDNA2 stock, because while they are still around they take away sales from the later cards.

Associate
I'm actually looking at a 6750xt for another PC in the house as the 300-350 range currently is crap.

And it'd be interesting to compare the AMD GPU experience vs the two nvidia rigs.

Associate
The performance matters less than the price, yes the 6700XT is faster but it was £450, its still around because AMD made too many of them.

IMO AMD should take the hit and fire sale remaining RDNA2 stock, because while they are still around they take away sales from the later cards.
not unhappy i bought a 6700XT for £300 with Starfield a few months back.

Soldato
Do you remember the time when we used to be able to overclock graphics cards and it was fun to eek out extra performance :D

Feels like that was around the dinosaur era. There is no overclocking these cards or cpus anymore they are all set to 11 from day one if not they wouldn't be able to sell them and show a real world increase. Sad times mate, days of buying a slightly lower end cpu or gpu and overclocking it and getting close to the top model are done, was done right after the GTX 900 series, my 980Ti EVGA Classified at time would do a 25% overclock and show that increase in games and benchmarks and it was already overclocked out of the box as a Classified model and still get a 25% oc on top, now we get 25% if we are lucky from gen to gen.. :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
das65Ir.jpg

For £508
iUDmFR8.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime

Yup, that basically all went away with this 'boost clock' pish. You can get a bit more out of them but it's not the same as it was before 'boost' started to play a factor.

Soldato

forget AMDs old cards even the 4060 has better price performance right now and that cards a dog.

Soldato
Feels like that was around the dinosaur era. There is no overclocking these cards or cpus anymore they are all set to 11 from day one if not they wouldn't be able to sell them and show a real world increase. Sad times mate, days of buying a slightly lower end cpu or gpu and overclocking it and getting close to the top model are done, was done right after the GTX 900 series, my 980Ti EVGA Classified at time would do a 25% overclock and show that increase in games and benchmarks and it was already overclocked out of the box as a Classified model and still get a 25% oc on top, now we get 25% if we are lucky from gen to gen.. :cry:

100%

Soldato
Than what? I mean the 4060 starts at £290, not a bad price, but the 6700XT is 21% faster and has 4GB more VRam.
4060 should be a $200 card it’s awful so the fact that AMD can’t even beat its current price to performance on a new competitor product released 6 months later sums up the broken GPU market with collusion rather than competition.

Back
Top Bottom