• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 7600XT 16GB Launched.

Soldato
Considering the best cost per frame at 1440p is roughly £3.90 i don't think £2.98 per frame is even remotely reasonable.

Don't get me wrong it would be nice if all GPUs fell in price by more than 50% but that's a pipe-dream IMO.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just shows how much of a **** take the mid-range is these days.
Wouldn't be surprised if they both had agreements with each other to release crap chips at high prices. Everyone wins! (Apart from consumers)

Yes it's comical from both AMD and Nvidia, seems Intel is only one with dGPU hardware at a more realistic price and that is only because their drivers are still developing for the hardware, next round it will be all three GPU makers taking the micky out of us consumers.

The greed of these companies has no bounds. Honestly the only way these companies will get the hint and fix the terrible prices is by consumers refusing to buy, but the FOMO is strong within this hobby and credit cards are easy to get... So here we are.. Sad times really for PC technology from pricing to the tiny uplifts we get now.

Soldato
Yeah with the more positive feelings surrounding Arc now, Intel will be keen to go in at a higher price and keep it there this time.
None of these companies are friends of the people.
Second hand market will continue to be where I live. :D

Suspended
OP
Yeah with the more positive feelings surrounding Arc now, Intel will be keen to go in at a higher price and keep it there this time.
None of these companies are friends of the people.
Second hand market will continue to be where I live. :D

It launched at £450 which at the time was if not more expensive then the same price as the RTX 3060 while being the same performance as the at the time £300 RX 6600.

Intel had the cheek to go after Nvidia in their marketing playing to our sentiments that they are too expensive and then priced a slower card the same, at the same time pretended AMD didn't exist with £150 cheaper equivalent cards.

It was at that moment that my enthusiasm for Intel being a third player died instantly.

Idiotic tech jurnoes are yet again to blame for this over pricing of Intel's GPU's now too, they didn't challenge Intel's pricing and glossed over the performance and problems.

Even now when they talk about the A770 as being good value, often even class them as the best value completely ignore the RX 6650XT for £50 less, its almost as if they agree with Intel that the inconvenience who are AMD need to be ignored because if you acknowledge their existence you have absolutely nothing to offer.

Intel just hope AMD go away so they don't have to compete with them. I get the feeling a lot of tech jurnoes feel the same way.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes yes Humbug I am aware of the launch price. So are most people. They dropped because they weren't even remotely competitive.

Your AMD victim complex is the stuff of legend. How much do they pay you for this?

Last edited:
Suspended
OP
Yes yes Humbug I am aware of the launch price. So are most people. They dropped because they weren't even remotely competitive.

Your AMD victim complex is the stuff of legend. How much do they pay you for this?

Its not a victim complex, AMD aren't victims in this, AMD don't suffer from any of this, DIY gaming GPU's make up about 2% of their business. Its something they keep ticking over, just in case.

The only people idiotic tech jurnoes are hurting with all of this BS is us, we have to pay the ever increasing prices. You should be concerned about that. Its weird that people apparently aren't.

Last edited:
Soldato
You seem to think there is bias, even in places there aren't though.
Of course there are some channels that are so pro-AMD/Nvidia/Intel that they ignore or sell the others short, but that's why it's better to either ignore these or watch/read a wide variety of reviews.

None of these companies are good in this sector. Pretending that AMD are the darlings of the industry helps no-one. And to be clear, I agree that they have some good products, but they frequently shoot themselves in the foot with pricing.

Last edited:
Suspended
OP
You seem to think there is bias, even in places there aren't though.
Of course there are some channels that are so pro-AMD/Nvidia/Intel that they ignore or sell the others short, but that's why it's better to either ignore these or watch/read a wide variety of reviews.

None of these companies are good in this sector. Pretending that AMD are the darlings of the industry helps no-one. And to be clear, I agree that they have some good products, but they frequently shoot themselves in the foot with pricing.

There is a lot of pretending that Intel are here to save the day, to save us from Nvidia and AMD, Intel have proven themselves to be entirely incompetent, much more incompetent than ATI ever were while at the same time display quite blatantly far more greed and distain for their customers than Nvidia.

They are a business, its what they are supposed to do 'if they can get away with it' and here's the thing about that, they do think they can get away with it because of tech jurnoes willingness to go along with it....

As for me, i'll buy whatever gets me the most for my money, i don't care what colour it is, for the past 9 years for me that has been Nvidia, even now where i'm completely convinced that the 4070 is a worse GPU for more money than the 7800XT i'm still in the back of my mind "um... AMD, should i risk it?" because that mind virus has infected me as well.

Suspended
OP
When they reviewed the 4060Ti 16GB the consensus was offering people a 16GB version was a good thing, even if it was the same card, they problem was at $100 more it was a bad joke, so that while offering a 16GB card was a good thing it should only cost $50 more.

Fair enough ^^^ i agree, 16GB even on a lower mid range GPU is a good thing, i often find my self wishing my 2070 Super had 16GB.

That's exactly what AMD did.

Now Hardware Unboxes made a pretty balanced review of it, Steve likes the fact that its a 16GB alternative and for not too much more money than the 8GB version, but that the 7600 range was just a bit too expensive as it is, pointing out the 6700XT is about the same price, fair enough....

A lot of people tho didn't like it at all, and pretended there is no need or even demand for a 16GB card like this, almost as if they don't like the idea of a sub $350 16GB card, complete change in tune, there is in reality only one person in the whole world who would not like the idea of a 16GB card for that amount of money, Nvidia.

OCUK have sold some, despite the way above MSRP price.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It launched at £450 which at the time was if not more expensive then the same price as the RTX 3060 while being the same performance as the at the time £300 RX 6600.
Yup, how people easily forget this. It's only at its current pricing because people wouldn't buy when they were well overcharging!! Very big chips too compared to 6600/3060, must be costing them a fortune lol.

Suspended
OP
Yup, how people easily forget this. It's only at its current pricing because people wouldn't buy when they were well overcharging!! Very big chips too compared to 6600/3060, must be costing them a fortune lol.

Its still too expensive. it improve quite a bit since launch, but still its equivalent to this.

RX 6650XT £230.

Personally i wouldn't recommend that one on account of the cooler.

This one is £249

£270. All things considered this is a £200 card.

People who think Intel are here to save us from Nvidia and AMD are deluded.

£290. 12GB too...

And this is objectively better. That is if you don't mind 8GB. Its the best of the bunch, because of course it is...

£249.

Last edited:
Suspended
OP
Last edited:
OcUK Staff
There is a reason I am not pushing it, should be £299 max, if I could sell at this price I would, anything higher it is simply poor value and the additional VRAM is next to useless due to no extra grunt from the GPU and still been bandwidth limited, I expressed my feelings directly towards AMD, lets see what happens, but it needs to be £299 max, the 8G version at £250 is far better value for practically the same performance.

If you are gaming at HD resolution (1920x1200) then this is the best value for money decent card on the market:
  • SKU: GX-00T-AK
  • EAN: 4710483935749
  • MPN: 90-GA2RZZ-00UANF

RX6600 CLD 8G, Core Clock: 2044MHz, Boost Clock: 2491MHz, Memory: 8192MB 16000MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 1792, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 3yr Warr

£210 (incl. VAT)
£185 (incl. VAT)

Or this:
  • SKU: GRA-ASU-00998
  • EAN: 4711387228937
  • MPN: DUAL-RX7600-O8G-V2

DUAL-RX7600-O8G-V2, Core Clock: 2300MHz, Boost Clock: 2715MHz, Memory: 8192MB 18000MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 2048, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 3yr Warranty

£270 (incl. VAT)
£249 (incl. VAT)

Likewise the 7700 XT is also poor value for money, needs to be under £400. As such the next best value cards and fine for 1440P are:

• SKU: GRA-SPR-00764
  • EAN: 4895106294349
  • MPN: 11330-02-20G

11330-02-20G, Core Clock: 2124MHz, Boost Clock: 2430MHz, Memory: 16384MB 19400MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 3840, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 3yr Warranty

£519 (incl. VAT)
£470 (incl. VAT)

Or this:
  • SKU: GRA-GNW-01534
  • EAN: 4710562244342
  • MPN: 4710562244342

Boost Clock: 2475MHz, Memory 12GB 21000MHz GDDR6X, Cuda Cores: 7168, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, NVIDIA Ada LoveLace, 4nm Process, Real-Time Ray Tracing, 3 Years Warranty

£549 (incl. VAT)
£540 (incl. VAT)

In short under £600 look at RX 6600 and RX 7600 for HD gaming at sub £300 and for 1440P look at 7800 XT and 4070 Super. :)

We are seeing new pricing on 7900 GRE, so are going to phase it in, this should be a new option in the £550ish region. :)

Back
Top Bottom