• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Soldato
4.34 big ones all core is not shabby at all.
I'm not sure if that is all core - I think LOLN1 was just saying that the boost is reporting correctly i.e. that is single core not all core. To be honest that would still be impressive just not quite the same scale of awesome.

With the new BIOS only just landing it does question exactly how good the reviews tomorrow are going to be if they have been testing for a week+ with an older bios.

Associate
I'm currently in China on business, it's gone mid day here and nothing, I'm starting to wonder if I will be in bed before the reviews come out. I'm hoping for the NDA to lift early morning in the US, give me some bed time reading.

Soldato
You have to get used to that I'm afraid - Being in New Zealand I often get excited, but have to read all the dates as having a +1. I am hoping t be able to see some reviews on my Friday morning.

Associate
I'm not sure if that is all core - I think LOLN1 was just saying that the boost is reporting correctly i.e. that is single core not all core. To be honest that would still be impressive just not quite the same scale of awesome.

With the new BIOS only just landing it does question exactly how good the reviews tomorrow are going to be if they have been testing for a week+ with an older bios.
Exact.....
Now the boost works as it should
I found good options in the bios I think change the behavior of the boost, I have to study a bit 'but I also have my work to do

Associate
I know a lot of people will be wondering about upgrading and hence using 370 boards, but I hope most reviews are based around the newer 470 chipset to give a clearer picture of actual performance , clocking and stability.

Soldato
Saw this yesterday on Reddit

u/mcmalloy
'Twas the night before Ryzen 2

when all through the house

not a gamer was stirring,

not even his mouse

The motherboards were hung

by the ATX screws with care

in hopes,

that Dr. Lisa Su will soon be there

The RAM was nestled

all snug in their DIMM slots

while visions of overclocks

danced in their heads

As dusk turns to dawn

we begin to yawn

yet an embargo is lifted;

What's this in the subreddit?

A BENCHMARK!

A SECOND ONE!

I can't believe my eyes

Ryzen 2, has now finally arrived.

As the day begins

i knock on the door

now it's time

to get Ryzen 2 from the store

Happy Ryzen 2 release guys! It's been a long time waiting.

I hope you all can fall asleep before official benchmarks hit tomorrow.

See you on the other side brothers :)

Associate
I went ahead and ordered a 8700k and all the associated bits and bobs.

Today is the day I find out if I need to return that crap to the rain forest store and order a 2600 or 2700x instead
I hope there are some decent quality reviews out by this evening.

Back
Top Bottom