• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Associate
Whether or not an upgrade to x470 is required to get a significant boost here will decide if I go 2600x or 8700k.
It's all well and good supporting the AM4 socket, but if you need the new chipset it's meaningless.
If it comes to buying a new board and cpu for me it may as well be Z370 8700k.

The easy upgrade path with Zen was what made it so appealing.

Associate
It should just be a drop-in for you Phil surely? And tbh, if you don't intend to upgrade your cpu for a while it might be worth going 2700x? Sorted for at least a few years then, no more messing just a gfx upgrade when required.
The new cpus fit, but the new chipset is supposed to support better mem speeds, better OC, plus the new precision boost stuff etc I believe.

Will see when reviews come out.

No reason to go 8/16 for me. Especially when 7nm Zen should be a must have if sticking to this platform.

Caporegime
No reason to go 8/16 for me. Especially when 7nm Zen should be a must have if sticking to this platform.

Ok fair enough. I think if you're manually tweaking then their isn't going to be a great deal of difference between the chipsets anyhow. Like you say, see what the guys here get first with their existing X370 boards and go from there :)

Soldato
Seems there's only the Asus boards arrived so far (OcUK, least the Aorus Ultra and MSI basic gamer ain't in) so I'm gonna stick with the Prime and see how I do. Still conflicted about jumping in the car to go get it (3hr round trip) :D

Soldato
i've just dropped £550 on the 2700x and the asus rog crosshair vii hero, i dont know why but i have a good feeling about ryzen2, i always miss out buying new components so i've made sure to get one, fingers crossed :) first amd upgrade in 8 years

Soldato
What I am really interested in is if the memory latency will make any differences to minining .I use my 1600 to mine when my PC is idol and it makes enough to cover small bills by the end of the month.

Soldato
I would be right cheesed off if I bought the 2700x to find that my 8 Pack ram still won't run at 3200MHz with my existing x370 board.

I thought it did with the cpu at stock but it doesn't.

Frooze on me after about 20-30 mins gaming last night.

I've only had it for a week and been using the pc for the last year so it's the new ram.

Faulty? I don't think so. I just think the cpu can't handle it at 3200MHz.

Soldato
i've just dropped £550 on the 2700x and the asus rog crosshair vii hero, i dont know why but i have a good feeling about ryzen2, i always miss out buying new components so i've made sure to get one, fingers crossed :) first amd upgrade in 8 years

Was considering the Taichi. Seen a few folks moan about bios options being a bit weak. Seen plenty moan about the Asus boards too so, eh, we'll see.

Soldato
Was considering the Taichi. Seen a few folks moan about bios options being a bit weak. Seen plenty moan about the Asus boards too so, eh, we'll see.

i've always opted for asus baords over the years sure there have been problems but like every vendor the problems always seem to get fixed, it just takes time, hopefully it wont be as bad as 1st gen ryzen

Soldato
There are these options in the bios can someone help me?
is there an explanation to understand how it works ??

Dunno about the last two but the first two let you set various clock speeds for each power state. This allows your chip to downclock to save power even when overclocked (which should just happen anyway, like with Intel's chips). P0 is the highest power state. See this guide for more information.

Associate
Dunno about the last two but the first two let you set various clock speeds for each power state. This allows your chip to downclock to save power even when overclocked (which should just happen anyway, like with Intel's chips). P0 is the highest power state. See this guide for more information.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom