• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Associate
If your after all core multi thread performance a manual overclock and a fixed lower voltage. For instance 4250 should be about 1.362v with LLC.
If your after max boost and best single core then standard settings or a bclk overclock and PBO/XFR/PE whatever you wanna call it is better.

From what I can see so far. :)

Was thinking similar. Messed about with 4.2 all-core last night, but undercooked the volts (I guess...) and ended up with a recovery-boot. Thought it was going to be a battery-out job but it let me in eventually!
For the while it worked, it felt a lot snappier than XFR boost.
May well look in to this once I've got the WC installed. I think I've got a reasonably good chip from what I've seen so far, just need to find out how good...

Associate
So not sure if anyone else has had any problems, yesterday I left my PC running on the morning, tried to remote in from work at lunchtime but was suprised I couldnt! Went home and found it was shutdown. When I started it up got stuck on the windows loading screen, had to restart then got a message about bios needing to load up in safe mode etc.
I am on a CH7 with 2700x , 8Pack 3200 Memory set to the DOCP profile for 3200.
It was running pefect for the past week almost with no issues.
Anyway long story short I had to update to the latest bios 0601 I think it was then I was able to re-apply similar settings to before the crash. This morning I left PC on again, got to work to test the remote connection and noticed it had restarted again! Not sure whats going on :p I did a Intel Burn Test on Max last night for about 30 minutes and it was fine so not sure whats causing the random shutdown (on idle).
Anyone else had this?
I was getting shutdowns intially when I had the ASUS AI software on but since I removed those PC was running fine for almost over a week until yesterday. Just wanted to know if anyone else out there had similar probs as of yesterday?

Have seen mention of C-states causing lockups. Maybe try disabling them...? Worth a shot!

Permabanned
Dont think this was in my case as my PC doesnt go to sleep mode. Since I have upgraded to an SSD I dont bother putting PC to sleep as its quite quick at booting up.
First week after getting the mobo and cpu I was getting the random shutdowns that then required me to unplug at mains before I could start it back up. But after reading online that this might be an issue caused by ASUS software I removed these and have not had any more shutdowns like that.
Its windows had random shutdowns on 17125 build

Associate
Its windows had random shutdowns on 17125 build
Which Windows build are you on now?
Mine is showing as build 16299.371! I just downloaded it from the MS using the Windows USB creation tool. Don't like Win 10 always giving me probs.. Thinking of going back to Win 7 once I get my M2 drive.

Permabanned
Mine is showing as build 16299.371! I just downloaded it from the MS using the Windows USB creation tool. Don't like Win 10 always giving me probs.. Thinking of going back to Win 7 once I get my M2 drive.

BTW, a fun fact - Windows 7 is already almost there to reach its 10-year anniversary.

Permabanned
Was thinking similar. Messed about with 4.2 all-core last night, but undercooked the volts (I guess...) and ended up with a recovery-boot. Thought it was going to be a battery-out job but it let me in eventually!
For the while it worked, it felt a lot snappier than XFR boost.
May well look in to this once I've got the WC installed. I think I've got a reasonably good chip from what I've seen so far, just need to find out how good...

Just been playing with all core, 4225 takes 1.394v before I got it passed IBT, LLC 4, on my chip.

Permabanned
Rolled 17666 rs5 insiders build that came out last thursday. So far no more random shotdowns and reboots :)

Fun fact today I got invited to Microsoft confrence in Mancheater on 20th jun for insider builds testers ect. If i got nothing better to do im actually considering it. Never been to anything like that. Got mates in Mancheater to crash at could have a road trip :)

So far fastest build of w10 i tested was 17025 rs1 from november suoer stable super fast on ibt scores 5gigaflops more on cb 15 11points more 3dmark 150 points more. Rs5 is second fastest build but need to test stability more.

O ye and its fsster than official April update build :)

Found 1 minor bug. Picture viewer does jot change icons for files just have nasty plain placeholder. Besides that ran memtest ibt realbench cinebench 3d mark and 1 day of kining. Looks stsble.

Last edited:
Soldato
finally got around to installing 8 pack 4000hz kit and ryzen 2700 into Ultra board ... shame its not inside the case pmsl.
came back to see my daughter preferred her breakfast on the floor rather then eating it :(
seems few others with kit and board got 4000hz kit running 3200hz CL16 - see if can nudge that higher on a 'budget' board

IDPJCni.jpg

anyone else's OCD kicks in about the logo being sideways .....

Associate
Got the watercooling in, and twiddled a few knobs. Quite happy with this- it's survived everything so far.
Might work on reducing vcore a tad, but temps are really good so not too fussed for now!

2018-05-24.png

Soldato
finally got around to installing 8 pack 4000hz kit and ryzen 2700 into Ultra board ... shame its not inside the case pmsl.
came back to see my daughter preferred her breakfast on the floor rather then eating it :(
seems few others with kit and board got 4000hz kit running 3200hz CL16 - see if can nudge that higher on a 'budget' board

IDPJCni.jpg

anyone else's OCD kicks in about the logo being sideways .....
If you are talking about this kit, then I have it running at 3400 at C14,15,15 with 1.39 volts, tested overnight with memetest64. I used the latest Ryzen DDR calculator (beta 2) and imported settings from Typhoon. It even passed 3 hours memtest64 at 3600 CL16 with 1.45v. The difference between 3400 C14 and 3600 C16 was marginal and not worth the extra volts IMHO.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...4000mhz-dual-channel-kit-black-my-098-tg.html

Associate
Yes, set volts manually at 1.395v. Seems to add a little itself for good measure.

Temps while running AIDA64 and IBT peaked at 58C, idling around 27. Which surprised me- was expecting a little higher. Almost tempted to try to go faster...

Soldato
If you are talking about this kit, then I have it running at 3400 at C14,15,15 with 1.39 volts, tested overnight with memetest64. I used the latest Ryzen DDR calculator (beta 2) and imported settings from Typhoon. It even passed 3 hours memtest64 at 3600 CL16 with 1.45v. The difference between 3400 C14 and 3600 C16 was marginal and not worth the extra volts IMHO.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...4000mhz-dual-channel-kit-black-my-098-tg.html

yes i did see that calculator being mentioned and was going to give it a shot , seems to be a golden program :D

which board are you running the ram on ? as with ram, run some of the 8 Pack kits 1.5v plus for long periods of time but arent for gaming

Soldato
I've just noticed the X470 Prime Pro is rated up to 3600MHz. That's something new they've added!

I'm tempted with an upgrade, but cant really be bothered with a rebuild.

Also I thinks it very short sighted as I imagine next years chips although compatible with current boards will be quite different to today's chips.

More of a tick rather than a tock.

Permabanned

New calculator is not too god for Teamgroup kits.... Tried it on my DDR's and timings on extream are lower than on safe on old ones LOL

This kit WILL DO 3466cl14 at 1.4-1.425

Permabanned
I've just noticed the X470 Prime Pro is rated up to 3600MHz. That's something new they've added!

I'm tempted with an upgrade, but cant really be bothered with a rebuild.

Also I thinks it very short sighted as I imagine next years chips although compatible with current boards will be quite different to today's chips.

More of a tick rather than a tock.
up to
UP TO
with Yours luck You max out at 3333

Soldato
yes i did see that calculator being mentioned and was going to give it a shot , seems to be a golden program :D

which board are you running the ram on ? as with ram, run some of the 8 Pack kits 1.5v plus for long periods of time but arent for gaming

I have an Asus CH VI Hero running BIOS 6101. At 1.5v I was able to get into windows at 3733MHz but it wasn't remotely stable. I believe 3600 is the cut off before the Infinity Fabric throws a fit.

Back
Top Bottom