• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Permabanned
How so? Ryzen is certainly often better for price/performance, but not for outright power

In performance potential and lttle less so in actual real-world perofrmance, as of today.

https://www.extremetech.com/computi...00x-reviewed-can-amd-cream-intels-coffee-lake

It’s been just over a year since AMD launched its new Ryzen microprocessor based on the Zen architecture. Zen’s impact can scarcely be overstated; the CPU market has changed more in the past 16 months than in the previous six years combined. Today, AMD is launching its second generation of Ryzen microprocessors, and angling to regain the overall performance crown from Intel.

This status quo held for six years until Ryzen hit it like a bomb. Even before the family launched, Intel added Hyper-Threading support to its low-end processors. Once Ryzen was in-market, Intel slashed its 10-core CPU price in half. It introduced a new, short-lived set of Kaby Lake-X CPUs in an attempt to spur adoption of its High End DeskTop (HEDT) product lines. All of these efforts culminated with the launch of last year’s Core i7-8700K, an aggressively clocked six-core / 12-thread CPU on a new spin of Intel’s 14nm (14nm++). We put the Core i7-8700K up against the Ryzen 7 1800X last year and concluded that Intel’s potent mixture of clocks and IPC made the Core i7-8700K a superior choice to the Ryzen 7 1800X overall.

Since then, the top of the market has been quiet. Today, that changes. AMD intends to take back the overall performance crown, and it thinks the Ryzen 7 2700X is the CPU to do it.

AMD Reclaims Ryzen’s Previous Pole Position

If you know you need single-threaded performance above everything else, the Core i7-8700K is still the top CPU on the market. But in well-threaded code, especially rendering applications, the Ryzen 7 2700X is superior. The fact that it’s $20 cheaper and ships with a decent stock cooler hurts nothing, either. Intel may already be planning its next counter-stroke, but until those rumors become reality, AMD has our nod for top overall CPU.

Caporegime
What about this ??
https://hardware.metrics.mozilla.com/#goto-cpu-and-memory

on my polish forums everyone are like ye ryzen is nice time to buy intel.

same situation on GPU market people waiting for AMD cards so NV drops prives and buy NV cards.

somehow You can see it LOL

I think actual sales figures are what matters, that's is what i posted.
Far too many variables in software user data.

As to your forum thing, i think that is true for GPU's, i have made the same argument, but i think its very different for CPU's, people are a bit sick of Intel and their pricing and their innovation stagnation, they are not happy with them changing the chipset every 5 minutes, with 2.5% performance upgrade increments.
I think a lot of people see Ryzen as something different, even something more exciting that they want to be a part off, a few years of 0 competition for nVidia and people well get bored with them too.

I'm interested to know your thoughts now, what do you make of the strong sales figures?

Permabanned
In performance potential and lttle less so in actual real-world perofrmance, as of today.

https://www.extremetech.com/computi...00x-reviewed-can-amd-cream-intels-coffee-lake
Id be like 5100mhz 8700 with 4000mhz on ddr4 will cream ryzen in most cases even rendering.
I remember that epic 5 second rendering time cut i gained from Going 5820k to 1700x on 1 hour 40 minutes rendering project. That i keep as an benchmark on my sdd

Just love people linking all the revuew ******** with no actual in home expirience.

To compare my 2700x rwnders that project around 1 hour 25 seconds so thats around 10 sexobds gain from my 1700x.

Also 2700x is faster than my 5820k was in games. And faster than my 5ghz 2500k was!!

Its fastest cpu i iwned in 8 years.

But if i would swap it to 5ghz 8700k it would be faster in rendering and gaming than.my 2700x.
Power director is not that great on multicore rendering cpu.

All in all ryzen offers fantastic bang for buck but intel is still better at top end. Same as nvidia is better in top end.

Thats on my perspective. I buy only delided or top binned cpus and gpus.
Dont carw about extra few hundred quid. As i change my hardware on 20 months rotation Maximum. So i loose 50% or more of initial purchase value.since iw paid almost 400 pounds for this 2700x and it will get swaoped out nexr march by another 400 pound cpu. And so on.

Permabanned
Id be like 5100mhz 8700 with 4000mhz on ddr4 will cream ryzen in most cases even rendering.
I remember that epic 5 second rendering time cut i gained from Going 5820k to 1700x on 1 hour 40 minutes rendering project. That i keep as an benchmark on my sdd

Just love people linking all the revuew ******** with no actual in home expirience.

To compare my 2700x rwnders that project around 1 hour 25 seconds so thats around 10 sexobds gain from my 1700x.

Also 2700x is faster than my 5820k was in games. And faster than my 5ghz 2500k was!!

Its fastest cpu i iwned in 8 years.

But if i would swap it to 5ghz 8700k it would be faster in rendering and gaming than.my 2700x.
Power director is not that great on multicore rendering cpu.

All in all ryzen offers fantastic bang for buck but intel is still better at top end. Same as nvidia is better in top end.

Thats on my perspective. I buy only delided or top binned cpus and gpus.
Dont carw about extra few hundred quid. As i change my hardware on 20 months rotation Maximum. So i loose 50% or more of initial purchase value.since iw paid almost 400 pounds for this 2700x and it will get swaoped out nexr march by another 400 pound cpu. And so on.

A delidded 5GHz 8700 goes in direct competition with a Threadripper where it will be smashed mercilessly :D

Permabanned
I think actual sales figures are what matters, that's is what i posted.
Far too many variables in software user data.

As to your forum thing, i think that is true for GPU's, i have made the same argument, but i think its very different for CPU's, people are a bit sick of Intel and their pricing and their innovation stagnation, they are not happy with them changing the chipset every 5 minutes, with 2.5% performance upgrade increments.
I think a lot of people see Ryzen as something different, even something more exciting that they want to be a part off, a few years of 0 competition for nVidia and people well get bored with them too.

I'm interested to know your thoughts now, what do you make of the strong sales figures?
You talkimg mostly from yours point of view read my above post. From All my mates Im only one on ryzen reat is just not interested they want intel lime apple people want apple.

Offered my 1700x+c6h for 200 quid and not a single of my kate wanred it even tho one is on 3770K and other 4770k

Would be upgrade for both but.... Ram prices heh. They are waiting for new intel cpu and total olatform change.

Permabanned
Cause expected first gen to clock 4.r on.ky cooling. Remember i had phenom on 6 cores at 4.3 kida 8 years ago...

Iw spend over 700 quid to cut 5 seconds of rendering time and have less fps in games.
Best upgrade ever init :D

Permabanned
Therw is 1 thing that Intel got nothing on Amd.thing that 95% of users would call disadvantage.

Its hard to overclock and stabiliae at total maximum.

Intel is plug and play. Buy top board top cpu top ram. Put together load xmp set volts ect.
Job done You are at limit.

Ryzen buy all top stuff and it still can not work
Thats where fun is. For me Iw had this 2700x what a mi th?? Im spending on tweeking arou d 2 hours a day every day since iw picked it up.

Its more fun than actually playing games in it for me hahahaha

Permabanned
This just reminds me the worst mistake I have done by going Core 2 Qaud and not Phenom :(
Not going to repeat it ever again with an Intel platform :D
Biggest mistake have been done by everyone that pmgot emself that crap called bulldozer only thing i cpuld think of being worse is amds Vega lol
Still to this day puzzles me what amd was thinking when thwy scrapped phenom II and syarted selling slower cpu lol

The imaginary 8 core cpu that was 2 cpus glued together basically haha but glue wac crap not good like on ryzen.

Caporegime
This just reminds me the worst mistake I have done by going Core 2 Qaud and not Phenom :(
Not going to repeat it ever again with an Intel platform :D

Core 2 Quad was superior to the Phenoms/Phenom II's.

Phenom II came out after the first i7.

Then again, you're pretty radical for an AMD fan, so I guess there doesn't need to be any logic.

Permabanned
As
Core 2 Quad was superior to the Phenoms/Phenom II's.

Phenom II came out after the first i7.

Then again, you're pretty radical for an AMD fan, so I guess there doesn't need to be any logic.
Yup it was better for meiw upgraded from phenom x3 to that x6 so was good jump.

Core 2 quad was fantastic cpu clocked like a beast. My mate that sits on 3770k had it before ivy. Running on 4ghz stable under water :) Q6600 that is.

Sooo many years ago.

Then core duo wiped floor with AMD

Last edited:
Permabanned
You are lookinf at Stock. We dont do stock hehe.

How 2 hell u survived on taht so long?? Guess u not ran it pass 4ghz?? My mate was running it on constant 1.65 volts of i remember good.:)

Other thing is it came out like 1.5 year before 1090t did i was on 3 cores then if i remember or arhlon 64 too long ago

Permabanned
Question is why Ypu not jumped on 1090t when it csme out if u ware not happy with what u had ??
Reality is if you are shufling hardware co stantly does not cost fortune to run courrent hardware on market. What i'm spending?? 500 quid a year or so.

Ant thats with living on poor 15k a year job and paying all my bill. Nowhere as much as it costs.me to own and drive this 350z u put 80 quid in a tank and its gone in no time not to.mention stupid insurance price lol.

Back
Top Bottom