• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Soldato
Honestly don't know, i haven't paid much attention to this particular app but what i do know is there are a small number of people who want to keep the 'Ryzen Memory Problems' rhetoric very much alive and so as more and more people are finding that actually Ryzen's IMC is rock solid the more they scream "you're not testing it right", especially slanting their screams toward AVX heavy stress testing for many hours knowing no Intel SkyLake or Coffeelake CPU's have no hope in hells chance of surviving let alone passing.

Personally i have NEVER had any problem at all with any ram in my CH6. From day 1 when i had 4 sticks of Hynix they ran fine at 3200 DOHCP. Then when i swapped to 4 sticks of 3200 B-die, again no problem at all and now running them at 3533Mhz 14-15-15-15.
My belief is peeps can't get there ram running properly is because they are "flayling" around in the wind because they are not using Ryzen Dram Calculator at all. Or if they are, they are not using it properly. If all peeps are doing is taking a "punt" on if they have got the correct settings, then there's no point in waiting all night for Memtest to fail, may as well use Ramtest and see it fail faster.

Edit: I fully agree with you on the AVX. We have all known for years that high end Intel Sku's have never stood up to even a mild AVX load when running at 5Ghz+. There really is no reason to expect Ryzen to do the same, but even my 2700x runs OCCT AVX enabled at 4.2Ghz. It has a much much stronger IMC than most of the doubters claim.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Personally i have NEVER had any problem at all with any ram in my CH6. From day 1 when i had 4 sticks of Hynix they ran fine at 3200 DOHCP. Then when i swapped to 4 sticks of 3200 B-die, again no problem at all and now running them at 3533Mhz 14-15-15-15.
My belief is peeps can't get there ram running properly is because they are "flayling" around in the wind because they are not using Ryzen Dram Calculator at all. Or if they are, they are not using it properly. If all peeps are doing is taking a "punt" on if they have got the correct settings, then there's no point in waiting all night for Memtest to fail, may as well use Ramtest and see it fail faster.

Yes and i also think because there is a persistent Ryzen memory rhetoric peoples pebac gets put down to Ryzen problems rather than them not knowing what they are doing or pushing the memory beyond what its capable of.

pebac becomes AMD's fault.

Caporegime
BTW, i have had bake going on in Unreal Engine for the past 4 hours, all my 12 threads are locked at 100% and i'm listening to Spotify, browning this forum and Youtube and the PC is perfectly responsive, smooth and happy.

Oh and very cool, just under 60c with quiet fans, even in this weather.

Soldato
Technically speaking Ryzen 2 actually officially supports faster RAM out of the box at stock than CFL(2933MHZ vs 2666MHZ),except the memory controller on CFL overclocks better.

True on both counts. The thing is though (as my own experience proves), CFL takes next to no benefit from clocking the ram as high as you can get it. Ryzen on the other hand just "comes alive" with highly clocked ram, it's like a completely different beast :D

Soldato
Nice :) NZXT is one of the only companies I haven’t tried a dedicated cooler from. I’ve had some of their 360rads and fittings in a loop before and was really happy with them!

NZXT are one of the only firms who pre flush radiators out of the factory so you don’t have nearly as much manufacturing junk left inside by the time you get it.

Caporegime
Nice :) NZXT is one of the only companies I haven’t tried a dedicated cooler from. I’ve had some of their 360rads and fittings in a loop before and was really happy with them!

NZXT are one of the only firms who pre flush radiators out of the factory so you don’t have nearly as much manufacturing junk left inside by the time you get it.

I'v had it for 3+ years now, maybe 4 actually... it was previously mounted on my 4690K, i had to get an AM4 Bracket for it, that cost me £2.99.

Its nothing special, entry level 120mm AIO, its does a good job, it seems well made, i'm not in fear of it leaking, the pump does make a slight bit of noise but i can only hear it when the system is idle, i use the ASRock software to turn all the case fans off when the CPU is under 40c, GPU does the same and the rad fan is ticking over at sub 800 RPM, silence, even then i have to listen out for it.

I have no doubt i'll get a couple more years out of it and then it'll probably be replaced with another NZXT AIO.

Associate
Got a response...
He seems genuine enough, but he's using 'hardware monitor' to get his readings, and according to that, XFR is giving him single-core boosts up to 5.3GHz, with stock settings.

Says he knows quite a few people who've clocked their 2700Xs to 5GHz.

I left it there... :D

Back
Top Bottom