• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Soldato
That's the problem though - even experienced builders occasionally bend a pin with a chip that weighs maybe 20 grams... push that up to half a kg and it requires a lot more dexterity and control. We'd need a very clever insertion mechanism to avoid catastrophe :/
My idea was that some custom company made this..they get the cpu delid it and make a customised block using their already established manufacturing of w c blocks to make some aio cpu block thing. If I could draw id show you what I see in my brain but sadly I cannot ..

Soldato
I've just upgraded from a decade old Intel i7 to 2700x. Very happy albeit memory issues that everyone is having. Multitasking and my Photoshop workflow significantly faster. Stacking 10 images would have taken me 15-20 mins in the past with the computer slowing to a crawl afterwards. Now less than a minute :)

Soldato
Hey Buddy, what RAM did you end up buying? Also what motherboard did you go with, was it the Gigabyte X470 Ultra Gaming? :)

Hey, Giga x470 wifi 5 (ultra was out of stock and no ETA), team group vulcan 3200mhz -issues sorted now - running at 3000mhz. Hopefully, will stay this way.

Permabanned
Hey, Giga x470 wifi 5 (ultra was out of stock and no ETA), team group vulcan 3200mhz -issues sorted now - running at 3000mhz. Hopefully, will stay this way.

Check regularly for BIOS updates - might be a future version let's you run it at its native frequency ;)
Glad to hear the update gone pretty well and that significant performance uplift. Who'd ever think? :eek:

Associate
Memory issues are a given with Ryzen until they actually properly improve the IMC (maybe Zen 2?). Zen+ is close to 0 silicon changes from the original Zen and it's to be expected that issues still persist.
I'd recommend including a few cold boots into your testing regimen and using https://www.karhusoftware.com/ramtest/ for the testing since it's significantly faster than any other memory testing utility. Including cold boots helps because sometimes you'll end up shutting down your PC for whatever reason and you'll suddenly realise that your previous memory settings are outputting a lot of memory errors now.
Happened to me a few times, reason why I stick to 2933Mhz C14 even though I have a B-die kit.

Caporegime
Memory issues are a given with Ryzen until they actually properly improve the IMC (maybe Zen 2?). Zen+ is close to 0 silicon changes from the original Zen and it's to be expected that issues still persist.
I'd recommend including a few cold boots into your testing regimen and using https://www.karhusoftware.com/ramtest/ for the testing since it's significantly faster than any other memory testing utility. Including cold boots helps because sometimes you'll end up shutting down your PC for whatever reason and you'll suddenly realise that your previous memory settings are outputting a lot of memory errors now.
Happened to me a few times, reason why I stick to 2933Mhz C14 even though I have a B-die kit.

This pay for software keeps getting plugged....

Right so the only software that will highlight Ryzen Memory issues is software no one has heard of and costs money.

so what's wrong with what everyone else uses, what's wrong with AIDA64? why do we have to hand money over to whoever they are for piece of mind, eh?

Pull the other-one...... :rolleyes:

Soldato

Right so the only software that will highlight Ryzen Memory issues is software no one has heard of and costs money.

so what's wrong with what everyone else uses, what's wrong with AIDA64? why do we have to hand money over to whoever they are for piece of mind, eh?

Pretty sure the free version of aida64 doesn't let you test memory...... unless I am mistaken.
The software Andrei linked is actually very good and worth the money I spent on it. It's not like it's expensive.......

Soldato
Pretty sure the free version of aida64 doesn't let you test memory...... unless I am mistaken.
The software Andrei linked is actually very good and worth the money I spent on it. It's not like it's expensive.......

Your right Gavin, the free version of Aida64 leaves all the important info blanked out, so next to useless really.
I can't get my head around peeps that will spend £200+ on ram but then baulk at the idea of spending a measly 9 Euro on the best piece of software there is for testing ram. Makes no sense at all to me.

Permabanned

Hci memtest is free, though there is a pro version, the only reason people push ramtest is it's much much quicker.

Caporegime
Hci memtest is free, though there is a pro version, the only reason people push ramtest is it's much much quicker.

That's not what he posted https://www.karhusoftware.com/ramtest/

Benchmarking is missing some information on the free one, it does have the memory stress test.

Caporegime
The author makes no claims about it's speed. Anyone that has actually used it though knows full well how fast it is.
I can't see Hci memtest testing 32GB of ram to 6540% in anywhere near to 3hrs 54mins, can you ?

Honestly don't know, i haven't paid much attention to this particular app but what i do know is there are a small number of people who want to keep the 'Ryzen Memory Problems' rhetoric very much alive and so as more and more people are finding that actually Ryzen's IMC is rock solid the more they scream "you're not testing it right", especially slanting their screams toward AVX heavy stress testing for many hours knowing Intel SkyLake or Coffeelake CPU's have no hope in hells chance of surviving let alone passing.

Permabanned
Nah, its just different people have different metrics. Lets say I spent my entire day rendering, video editing or some such. If the PC crashed I could lose hours of work. If I just game then its a quick reboot and might have lost some small progress.

The people that really stress their systems need them rock solid.

Most of the memtest programs work fine, people(me too) mention Ramtest as its really quick. Tweak some settings, boot windows, run Ramtest, can find errors within minutes as opposed to half an hour+ running HCI or something else. If you want to overclock your memory on Ryzen it can save you hours and hours of testing, thats worth 9 euros to me. :)

Caporegime
Nah, its just different people have different metrics. Lets say I spent my entire day rendering, video editing or some such. If the PC crashed I could lose hours of work. If I just game then its a quick reboot and might have lost some small progress.

The people that really stress their systems need them rock solid.

Most of the memtest programs work fine, people(me too) mention Ramtest as its really quick. Tweak some settings, boot windows, run Ramtest, can find errors within minutes as opposed to half an hour+ running HCI or something else. If you want to overclock your memory on Ryzen it can save you hours and hours of testing, thats worth 9 euros to me. :)

Right :) I'm a content creator, i have used a lot of stress testing during my many years of customising PC's and let me tell you there is nothing that stresses a CPU more than baking lighting in Unreal Engine, that is my measure of how stable my CPU is.

Back
Top Bottom