• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 2600 vs i5 8400, intresting reults

Caporegime
OP
I posted screenshots in the same spot in D2 before. dropping to 55fps on Ryzen. Only dropping to 111fps on the i5. Apparently that wasn't good enough for you so it's been disregarded. I have no interest in jumping through hoops to prove anything to you because you've proved time and time again, you are unreasonable.
I have no stake in the cpu argument. I've tried both platforms first hand and have seen myself which performs significantly better for my uses, with better stability and memory support.

And for the record, I only called you a cu-ck. The **** **** makes it look much worse than intended. Hooray for censorship.

This is news to me, again talk without proof, if this exists it should be easy for you to find.

Edit: i do remember it, i also remember you saying you had to look quite hard to find the right spot.

Permabanned
Give the Rig area on Titan in D2, that was one of the worst areas for me in D2 on Ryzen. At 1080p around the Pyramidian entrance on Nessus also felt very choppy despite high fps. Lower res made things worse which leads me to believe it was a cpu issue.
I also found on Ryzen, going between 1080p and 1440p made very little difference to my FPS on ryzen.

Will give it a go later. :)

Caporegime
OP
@prjwebb

So you have proved one spot in one game, and basing your entire argument on that, if you look hard enough you can always find one or two examples of something, there is a name for people who do that.

That doesn't make your claim a universal truth, like you're trying to hammer home, or even anything beyond the one game and spot in it that you keep recycling for the same argument, if there was anything actually in it you wouldn't have to recycle that one thing over and over again, there'd be more, a lot more.

The fact is testing over 30 / 40 games there are only a couple of instances, against 30+ where Ryzen is better, a straw man would take only those couple of instances and ignore those overwhelmingly more where Ryzen is better, as you keep doing.

At the end of the day no one CPU is always better than the other, you can always find something to point at with both and say "look see" while ignoring the rest.

Associate
ryzen
Destiny_2_Screenshot_2018.04.25_-_20.32.17.53.png

intel
Destiny_2_Screenshot_2018.05.21_-_14.31.19.40.png

Associate
@prjwebb

So you have proved one spot in one game, and basing your entire argument on that, if you look hard enough you can always find one or two examples of something, there is a name for people who do that.

That doesn't make your claim a universal truth, like you're trying to hammer home, or even anything beyond the one game and spot in it that you keep recycling for the same argument, if there was anything actually in it you wouldn't have to recycle that one thing over and over again, there'd be more, a lot more.

The fact is testing over 30 / 40 games there are only a couple of instances, against 30+ where Ryzen is better, a straw man would take only those couple of instances and ignore those overwhelmingly more where Ryzen is better, as you keep doing.

At the end of the day no one CPU is always better than the other, you can always find something to point at with both and say "look see" while ignoring the rest, this is what you do.

I use examples within games I have 100s of hours in. I can't run a benchmark on a game I've played for 2 minutes and claim on platform is better than the other because I haven't experienced both platforms extensively throughout the entirety of the playable spaces in those games. In the games I have, I'm in a position to comment on my experiences.

I no longer have the Ryzen rig to record instances where this happens, this was the last one I did before ordering the i5 as it was the huge wake up call that I didn't buy a 1080ti to push 70fps at 1080p, even if it is only in a specific area of a specific game, which it was not for the record.

Soldato
@pjrwebb i can post pics if you want showing 2 diff cpus showing diff FPS and ZERO other settings mentioned.... your post is lolworthy at best, you could have turned down a bunch of settings and not really smash the graphic fidelity that much but up the fps count... I fail to believe there is a 50 fps difference between just CPU alone, sorry, not buying it.

Caporegime
OP
I use examples within games I have 100s of hours in. I can't run a benchmark on a game I've played for 2 minutes and claim on platform is better than the other because I haven't experienced both platforms extensively throughout the entirety of the playable spaces in those games. In the games I have, I'm in a position to comment on my experiences.

I no longer have the Ryzen rig to record instances where this happens, this was the last one I did before ordering the i5 as it was the huge wake up call that I didn't buy a 1080ti to push 70fps at 1080p, even if it is only in a specific area of a specific game, which it was not for the record.

lol.... so you haven't even use the 1600 enough to make any of the judgement calls you have, its an astonishing thing to do to say the 8600K was better in one game and one spot within said game and then use that to make the argument against every review that doesn't agree with you.

Do you really not see how insane that is?

Associate
@pjrwebb i can post pics if you want showing 2 diff cpus showing diff FPS and ZERO other settings mentioned.... your post is lolworthy at best, you could have turned down a bunch of settings and not really smash the graphic fidelity that much but up the fps count... I fail to believe there is a 50 fps difference between just CPU alone, sorry, not buying it.

Good for you, I don't care. I'm posting my experiences which let to my decision making on switching platform and whether or not you believe me makes no odds to how satisfied I am with my choice.

I have another screen grab of the ryzen at 55fps in the same spot, but as there is a little more happening in that instance I chose not to use that example.
Both examples are using identical settings on identical systems. The only things that changed was CPU and MOBO.

Associate
lol.... so you haven't even use the 1600 enough to make any of the judgement calls you have, its an astonishing thing to do to say the 8600K was better in one game and one spot within said game and then use that to make the argument against every review that doesn't agree with you.

Do you really not see how insane that is?

I had the 1600 for about a year, I bought it at release, and changed it when the 2000 series embargo lifted.

Soldato
Good for you, I don't care. I'm posting my experiences which let to my decision making on switching platform and whether or not you believe me makes no odds to how satisfied I am with my choice.

I have another screen grab of the ryzen at 55fps in the same spot, but as there is a little more happening in that instance I chose not to use that example.
Both examples are using identical settings on identical systems. The only things that changed was CPU and MOBO.

Clearly you do care, otherwise you wouldnt harp on in every AMD Ryzen thread about how great your Intel chip is lol... just move on dude, you moved on with the CPU, move on with the haunting of threads too :)

Im still not buying the 55fps difference ;)

Caporegime
OP

Oh i believe him, if you look hard enough you can find instances like this on both sides, for or against and its genuine.

The trouble comes when you then use that as an overriding argument against everything that doesn't agree with that very specific finding.
That is lol bonkers.

Associate
Clearly you do care, otherwise you wouldnt harp on in every AMD Ryzen thread about how great your Intel chip is lol... just move on dude, you moved on with the CPU, move on with the haunting of threads too :)

Im still not buying the 55fps difference ;)

Yeah, i was in disbelief at how bad it was myself. That's why I got rid. I've been defending Ryzen against Gavin's comments for months on discord because in my setup it was doing whatever I needed it to. But the more I paid attention, the more areas I noticed where it wasn't doing quite as well as I thought.
I only captured that screen grab so I could compare for myself once the 8600k was up and running to see how it actually squared up. I had no reason to sandbag, I wanted a direct comparison. That's why there's no extensive testing, no detailed stats. I was a reference point for myself.

Humbug, if you think that area is the only place in any game that happens, you're delirious. It's 5 seconds away from a fast travel point and effortless to reproduce so I picked that.

I'm not haunting any threads. I feel it's only fair to post my experiences for others making the same decision I did about which platform to choose. If every post on here is just amd praise then people aren't getting both sides and could ultimately make an ill informed purchase.

If I was doing productivity stuff, or streaming and gaming from 1 system, video or photo work I'd say Ryzen every day. But not if someone is looking for a purely gaming processor.

Caporegime
OP
Associate
Yeah, i was in disbelief at how bad it was myself. That's why I got rid. I've been defending Ryzen against Gavin's comments for months on discord because in my setup it was doing whatever I needed it to. But the more I paid attention, the more areas I noticed where it wasn't doing quite as well as I thought.
I only captured that screen grab so I could compare for myself once the 8600k was up and running to see how it actually squared up. I had no reason to sandbag, I wanted a direct comparison. That's why there's no extensive testing, no detailed stats. I was a reference point for myself.

Humbug, if you think that area is the only place in any game that happens, you're delirious. It's 5 seconds away from a fast travel point and effortless to reproduce so I picked that.

I'm not haunting any threads. I feel it's only fair to post my experiences for others making the same decision I did about which platform to choose. If every post on here is just amd praise then people aren't getting both sides and could ultimately make an ill informed purchase.

If I was doing productivity stuff, or streaming and gaming from 1 system, video or photo work I'd say Ryzen every day. But not if someone is looking for a purely gaming processor.

"Since you can't save your progress during the single-player tutorial/intro, I only tested the first 60 seconds of the game"

Gee, I wonder why these results can't be taken too seriously.

We do however see the gap between a solidly overclocked quad core intel and an absolute max overclocked 6 core ryzen in D2 right there. So thanks for posting.

Caporegime
OP
"Since you can't save your progress during the single-player tutorial/intro, I only tested the first 60 seconds of the game"

Gee, I wonder why these results can't be taken too seriously.

We do however see the gap between a solidly overclocked quad core intel and an absolute max overclocked 6 core ryzen in D2 right there. So thanks for posting.

Does not mean anything, 4Ghz vs 4.9Ghz, so 25% high clocks for 25% higher performance and you can't assume 4 SMT cores vs 6 SMT cores makes any different here, in reality it rarely does, 4 core without SMT yeah maybe, but that not what the 7700K is, often you see it as fast or faster than the 8700K.

This is also on a GTX 1080TI, not even using the highest settings.

The 2600 at 4.2Ghz would probably match the 4.9Ghz 7700K here.

Again. its also 21 FPS higher than your sceeenshot.

Associate
Yeah they aren't using the highest setting because the MSAA anti-aliasing was so busted it was removed before the game was properly released.

Don
May of missed this bit but why are they running the Ryzen on the higher memory and not the intel, does memory speed not effect the 8400 as much as the Ryzen?

Back
Top Bottom