• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 2600 vs i5 8400, intresting reults

Caporegime
OP
lol this thread delivers, and this is only a glimpse of the hilarity that will ensue is AMD get the jump on Intel on 7nm... IDL will have a field day here defending... cant wait.

End of the day, buy what suits your budget and needs tbh. Im happy with my 1700, happy enough to move to a 2700X and after that the 3700X or whatever it will be called. Dont miss my old Intel chips one bit.

I like how there are a lot of excuses for Intel these days, something is going very wrong, or very right, depending on your view point.

Competition is not just good for us ALL, its also fun.

los

los

Associate
3.4Ghz, so an 800Mhz overclock.

The 8400 3.8Ghz.
Am I right in thinking the 2700x boosts higher than the 2600x in single core performance? Also would it work like this on an X370 gaming 5 also? As I believe you can only overclock for an all core boost?
Final thing :) am I right in thinking the x processors are the go to this time round?

Caporegime
OP
Am I right in thinking the 2700x boosts higher than the 2600x in single core performance? Also would it work like this on an X370 gaming 5 also? As I believe you can only overclock for an all core boost?
Final thing :) am I right in thinking the x processors are the go to this time round?

The X processors do boost a lot higher on all cores this time, probably deliberately by AMD in a move to make them look more attractive over the cheaper none X

However, they all still overclock and the X is still only 100Mhz or so better binned, yes they overclock to 4.1 - 4.3Ghz on X370 however the X470 boards do better for memory overclocking, provided of course you have the faster RAM in the first place, if not....

The reason some reviews say the X is the one to go for this time is because the cost difference is not as great this time round, so its a bit "well why not?" i agree, i will be going Ryzen 2### at some point and this time i'm going 2600X.

Edit you also get StoreMI with X470

Associate
At stock, with twice the threads and faster ram, still losing :thinking:

No denying they are good processors, but from my experience, the performance wasn't consistent. Some areas of games they'd hold me at my fps cap and would be on par with my new 8600k, other parts they'd drop massively and be a long way behind the i5.
If the testing is done in areas where those issues aren't present, then it's not painting a complete picture of ryzen's performance.

Caporegime
OP

No denying they are good processors, but from my experience, the performance wasn't consistent. Some areas of games they'd hold me at my fps cap and would be on par with my new 8600k, other parts they'd drop massively and be a long way behind the i5.
If the testing is done in areas where those issues aren't present, then it's not painting a complete picture of ryzen's performance.

But from my experience pigs do fly.

Permabanned

Did you have ryzen+ or 1st gen?

Permabanned
First gen. Would be interested to see if + is drastically different.

My choice was either upgrade to a + or go intel. I went with the safe upgrade even if it cost me a little more.

Quite hard to tell without detailed analysis, its certainly an improvement though whether it solves the issues, who knows.

I have certainly not run into any problems, though to be honest I have only been playing PUBG. :)

Associate
Quite hard to tell without detailed analysis, its certainly an improvement though whether it solves the issues, who knows.

I have certainly not run into any problems, though to be honest I have only been playing PUBG. :)

Yeah pubg always played ok. Had quite substantial drops in places, but that's very possibly just pubg! I always found pubg ran better on my 1600 with SMT off.

Caporegime
OP
In my experience, ***** do ****.

My point exactly, anyone can say anything about any experience they claim to have as a way to try and rubbish hard tested facts, verbal claims are just that, i'm going to tell you my i5 was absolute trash compared with the 1600, me saying that is meaningless because its so easy to say something like that and ##### when i get called out on it.

That's why actual hard facts matter, i can produce the evidence to my claims and have, you have done nothing but repeat the same claims over and over again against the evidence proving your claims wrong.

Its becoming like a broken record, actually back up your claims for a change.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah pubg always played ok. Had quite substantial drops in places, but that's very possibly just pubg! I always found pubg ran better on my 1600 with SMT off.

I'll give you an example of providing proof to backup your claims.

The i5 has huge frame drops in CPU intensive places compared with the Ryzen 1600/X, it also causes huge stutter on the i5.

Now look at this screenshoot and note not just the frame rates but also the blue Intel line, how uneven that is.... this is in contrast to your empty claims.

I'll dig up the video for you too...

Edit: https://youtu.be/4RMbYe4X2LI?t=4m59s

CHmOGdu.png

Associate
My point exactly, anyone can say anything about any experience they claim to have as a way to try and rubbish hard tested facts, verbal claims are just that, i'm going to tell you my i5 was absolute trash compared with the 1600, me saying that is meaningless because its so easy to say something like that and ##### when i get called out on it.

That's why actual hard facts matter, i can produce the evidence to my claims and have, you have done nothing but repeat the same claims over and over again against the evidence proving your claims wrong.

Its becoming like a broken record, actually back up your claims for a change.

I posted screenshots in the same spot in D2 before. dropping to 55fps on Ryzen. Only dropping to 111fps on the i5. Apparently that wasn't good enough for you so it's been disregarded. I have no interest in jumping through hoops to prove anything to you because you've proved time and time again, you are unreasonable.
I have no stake in the cpu argument. I've tried both platforms first hand and have seen myself which performs significantly better for my uses, with better stability and memory support.

And for the record, I only called you a cu-ck. The **** **** makes it look much worse than intended. Hooray for censorship.

Associate
Whats the best program to record a vid with things like the above?

I can give pubg, destiny2, farcry 5 a test to see what happens. :)

Give the Rig area on Titan in D2, that was one of the worst areas for me in D2 on Ryzen. At 1080p around the Pyramidian entrance on Nessus also felt very choppy despite high fps. Lower res made things worse which leads me to believe it was a cpu issue.
I also found on Ryzen, going between 1080p and 1440p made very little difference to my FPS on ryzen.

Back
Top Bottom