• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 2600 vs i5 8400, intresting reults

Caporegime
i honestly don't understand your meaning or reasoning here.

This is my reasoning. Average FPS are just as important as the 1% lows, yes they are both getting 70 FPS in the 1% lows but given the Ryzen is 9% higher on the averages it indicates its above 70 FPS more consistently than the 8400, that indicates the frame rates are more consistent and if they are more consistent its smoother. :)

I thought what I said was obvious.
When this was previous AMD versus Intel, given the same types of figures, you'd argue for the AMD (Which in this case is the 8400). You'd argue against people who would take the Intel for the reasons you've given here (In this case the 2600).

I find it amusing.

Caporegime
OP
If that's the case yes, you are right, however, i stand by it, my argument is in the real world no one plays anything at 720P on a GTX 1080TI, and if the performance is the same at 1080P because the GPU is the bottleneck then WhyTF?
So yes in the real world the 8400 is just as fast, by the same token the 2600 is just as fast without overclocking.
Yet the argument here is about the CPU's ability to push the frame rates when it is the bottleneck, so when the argument is about that of course one cannot ignore the results.

I have always said if you have a 1080TI you should get an 8700K. because it is the undisputed gaming king for the undisputed best gaming card, you need that combination to get the most out of them.
But if you have a GTX 1080 a 2600/X is the better option because they have more than enough performance to push the frame rates for all the GTX 1080 is worth while being much more cost effective than the 8700K.
They are separate arguments.

Soldato
Erm? no, that's not what i said.

Don't go all Cathy Newman on me...

It is tho. You keep preaching but the truth is Intel are better and they know how to price.....

I have to admit, if no more CPUs were ever made, AMD would end up better with more cores. But the fact is, Intel release what they need to.

Now more cores are used they will bring out CPUs with more cores.

Please for the love of this forum stop believing every YouTube video you see

Soldato
Basically there is no one size fits all. Ideally we'd all have two or more systems. As an all rounder Ryzen will be fine for me. If I was a hardcore twitch gamer I'd go 8700k. Video creator or multi tasker I'd choose Threadripper or money no object an i9.

If you have more than one of those workloads it's time to compromise.

Caporegime
OP
It is tho. You keep preaching but the truth is Intel are better and they know how to price.....

I have to admit, if no more CPUs were ever made, AMD would end up better with more cores. But the fact is, Intel release what they need to.

Now more cores are used they will bring out CPUs with more cores.

Please for the love of this forum stop believing every YouTube video you see

Cue proverbial fake outrage :rolleyes:

You bring nothing but foot stomping to this, you're typical for people who cannot articulate a counter argument but don't like it, so in frustration jump up and down pretending to be shocked by it.

If you were a C4 news reader to you the video would be Alt-Right... Yawn.

Soldato
Cue proverbial fake outrage :rolleyes:

You bring nothing but foot stomping to this, you're typical for people who cannot articulate a counter argument but don't like it, so in frustration jump up and down pretending to be shocked by it.

If you were a C4 news reader to you the video would be Alt-Right... Yawn.

Why come out with this childish crap whenever your wrong? You do it in every thread you make.

Associate
Let's be real, AC:O. BF1 and AotS are probably the games that scale best with more cores/threads. They are definitely not the standard.
And I know from experience Overwatch loves memory speed.

Last edited:
Soldato
lol this thread delivers, and this is only a glimpse of the hilarity that will ensue is AMD get the jump on Intel on 7nm... IDL will have a field day here defending... cant wait.

End of the day, buy what suits your budget and needs tbh. Im happy with my 1700, happy enough to move to a 2700X and after that the 3700X or whatever it will be called. Dont miss my old Intel chips one bit.

Caporegime
OP
Let's be real, AC:O. BF1 and AotS are probably the games that scale best with more cores/threads. They are definitely not the standard.

If you're playing modern games they all do, reasoning like this is now getting daft.

36 Games tested, games of all sorts and in 9 out of 10 the Ryzen CPU wins, at what point do we accept that Intel are no longer thie de-facto go to CPU? what's actually left where Intel stand out compared to AMD?

What do you make of this? where we previously went to games like Arma II to point and say "look Intel are so much better" do we now also speak about Arma III as one of those with excuses for Intel?

aSKUvcj.png

Back
Top Bottom