• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3600 Voltage

Associate
That's not what what is happening with my 3600. Every benchmark I have run benefits significantly. Blender completes quicker and all runs quieter and consumes less power. I have been using it like this for over 6 months now, it has yet to crash or explode due to undervaulting.

By the way, I get 4.4GHz and every possible load, like a traditional overclock. None of this clocks jumping about business. And all at a cool 1.275v :D

Also interested to know how you are achieving the above :cool:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Check out the 3600 thread. I have many posts in there. But it is simple. Set multiplier to 44 and manually input voltage to 1.275v in bios. That is it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Does it ever drop the clocks and voltage at idle when you configure it like that?
Everywhere it reports that it does not. But in Ryzen Master it would show that when not in use the clocks and voltage drop as I recall. I am not bothered as when browsing the cpu is around 32c when I checked last night and when running cinebench I hit around 4000 points and it does so at much lower temps vs stock. Where as stock as I recall the score was closer to 3600 points.

Soldato
Everywhere it reports that it does not. But in Ryzen Master it would show that when not in use the clocks and voltage drop as I recall. I am not bothered as when browsing the cpu is around 32c when I checked last night and when running cinebench I hit around 4000 points and it does so at much lower temps vs stock. Where as stock as I recall the score was closer to 3600 points.

Cool, thanks :) I'm getting a 3600 soon so I'll certainly give your settings a try.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Cool, thanks :) I'm getting a 3600 soon so I'll certainly give your settings a try.
You may get lucky like I did, it is all silicon lottery :)

Just look at humbug’s 3600, it can’t overclock to save its life, he as to set it to PBO which means even more heat for hardly any extra performance relative to my 3600 anyway.

Soldato
I assume it will have, yes.
So once they launch it might make a difference, especially to anyone thinking of a 3700x, you might well plump for the 3800XT as the different I think at that stage will be significant.
In the 3600 and 3900 lines it might not be as clear cut, as suggestions were 5-7% performance improvement, which although more than an entire chipset and socket launch for intel, it isn't as much for AMD.
I need to mess about more with my 3600, but its been at 4425 for what seems stability, I went back to normal given the reported issues with the MSI mobo bios i am using, so don;t wish to pust anything until they launch a new stable variant, then I'll go into detail.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I assume it will have, yes.
So once they launch it might make a difference, especially to anyone thinking of a 3700x, you might well plump for the 3800XT as the different I think at that stage will be significant.
In the 3600 and 3900 lines it might not be as clear cut, as suggestions were 5-7% performance improvement, which although more than an entire chipset and socket launch for intel, it isn't as much for AMD.
I need to mess about more with my 3600, but its been at 4425 for what seems stability, I went back to normal given the reported issues with the MSI mobo bios i am using, so don;t wish to pust anything until they launch a new stable variant, then I'll go into detail.
I never tried between 4400 and 4500. I like round numbers. I did try 4500 but that needed quite a bit more volts to be stable, was just not worth it.

My next upgrade will either be a 4700X or 4900X. Depends how long I fancy waiting between upgrades. I am thinking it will be the latter in about 2 years time as the price starts to go down and people sell them of cheap :)

Soldato
I'm thinking the same, having only just picked up this chip for £157, it'll do nicely until such times as the 4000s are well worn silicon.
Next big buy will be a few levels below the top of the next range of GFX when they launch, all for cyberpunk, lol.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I tried them settings on my 3600 and it wouldn't even boot :rolleyes: It wouldn't even boot on a 43 multiplier @ 1.275v.
Yeah, unfortunately your luck is more like humbug's :p:D

Crazy the variation in silicon quality, mine even boots at 4.5GHz with the same voltage.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, do unfortunately your luck is more like humbug's :p:D

Crazy the variation in silicon quality, mine even boots at 4.5GHz with the same voltage.

Its crazy how much these CPU's differ. Mine required 1.366v to be stable at a 43 multiplier. Max temp under 100% load was 67c

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Depends on your motherboard I suppose. But you will likely in the cpu section see something like 36x, you need to adjust that. Trouble is, if you can’t even find that, you should probably not be messing with it, or take it easy and go step by step so try 40, then 41 etc.

Back
Top Bottom