• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3600 Voltage

Associate
Based on that cinebench score alone - I can tell you right now your 4.4ghz overclock is Unstable.

It's a little trick I learned a while back - when you overclock but get the same or worse score compared to before, it means the overclock is Unstable.

Even though the overclock makes the CPU run faster, it's encountering calculation errors and that brings the score down - eventually it will encounter a calculation error that it cannot fix and then you get a BSOD crash.

Yes that a tiny score jump from 4250MHz to 4400MHz with way too high a voltage for a Zen 2 chip

I was able to get min CB20 stable @ 4500MHz @ 1.27v with LLC level 3 but would only survive Prime95 for a minute or so before a reboot (temps didn't reach the thermal limit though did reach 90). It would however survive in games for hours without any issues and CB20 on loop for 20+ minutes. Prime95 small is an unrealistic load but seems if its stable there then its most likely going to be stable elsewhere.

My CB20 scores as reference:

Stock ~ 3550
4300MHz ~3910
4350MHz ~3990
4400MHz ~4060
4450MHz ~4085
4500MHz ~4105

So after some game testing also I just settled on 4400MHz @ 1.22v LLC level 3 as the gains above for me were so tiny for the increase in CB20 temps and the instability in P95 i ran into.

Temps after 10 minutes CB20 plateaued at 68C (Dark Rock Pro 4 @ about 75% - max is set to come in @ 80C)
Temps after 10 minutes in P95 small at 85C

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi guys,

Had my system up and running a couple of months now and I'm still slightly concerned about my setup...

Specifically, my stock, idle temps. See below.

123.jpg

123.jpg

How do my voltages/temps etc. look? I've not touched anything in the bios except change the xmp profile.

I think I may need to re-paste the chip because I fitted the rad block (HX100i with Arctic 5) vertically when I was setting it all up.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom