• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3600 Voltage

Associate
Depends on your motherboard I suppose. But you will likely in the cpu section see something like 36x, you need to adjust that. Trouble is, if you can’t even find that, you should probably not be messing with it, or take it easy and go step by step so try 40, then 41 etc.
system is
AMD RYZEN 3600
Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU Air Tower Cooler.
MOTHERBOARD...B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
GPU radeon rx 590 gaming 8gb
corsair lpx RAM.. DD4 2X8 16 GB 3200MHZ
psu corsair rm750x
would love to be able to overclock the 3600.

Soldato
In my ASRock board there is no "multiplier" option there is a frequency option instead which you set the target frequency and it sets the multiplier accordingly, might be similar on the MSI boards.

Associate
I’ve been having a play with the CPU multiplier and voltage. It’s really strange, mine won’t go to 4.4ghz without using close to 1.4v even then it’s not 100% stable. I’ve found if I back the multiplier out to 42.50 I can reduce the voltage all the way down to 1.175v which is perfectly stable. The voltage will more than likely go down more but that’s currently where I’m at.

4.4ghz @ 1.400v gives a CB20 score of 3896
4.25ghz @ 1.175v gives a CB20 score of 3831

Soldato
I’ve been having a play with the CPU multiplier and voltage. It’s really strange, mine won’t go to 4.4ghz without using close to 1.4v even then it’s not 100% stable. I’ve found if I back the multiplier out to 42.50 I can reduce the voltage all the way down to 1.175v which is perfectly stable. The voltage will more than likely go down more but that’s currently where I’m at.

Maybe one of the cores is weak which is holding you back, if this is the case you could try setting the stronger CCX to 4.4 and the weaker one to 4.25.

Soldato

Based on that cinebench score alone - I can tell you right now your 4.4ghz overclock is Unstable.

It's a little trick I learned a while back - when you overclock but get the same or worse score compared to before, it means the overclock is Unstable.

Even though the overclock makes the CPU run faster, it's encountering calculation errors and that brings the score down - eventually it will encounter a calculation error that it cannot fix and then you get a BSOD crash.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Based on that cinebench score alone - I can tell you right now your 4.4ghz overclock is Unstable.

It's a little trick I learned a while back - when you overclock but get the same or worse score compared to before, it means the overclock is Unstable.

Even though the overclock makes the CPU run faster, it's encountering calculation errors and that brings the score down - eventually it will encounter a calculation error that it cannot fix and then you get a BSOD crash.
Yep. 4.4GHz should be around 4000 points.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
thank you TNA,

will have a play and let you know
No problem. Just be careful, don’t bork your pc and blame me :p

Go 1.275v and then up multiplier by 1 notch, test for stability using cinebench, if no crash go up by 1 again. For a final stability test, run blender and handbrake to be sure you are rock solid stable. Oh and play games. If unstable back down by 1 multiplier and test again.

Associate
No problem. Just be careful, don’t bork your pc and blame me :p

Go 1.275v and then up multiplier by 1 notch, test for stability using cinebench, if no crash go up by 1 again. For a final stability test, run blender and handbrake to be sure you are rock solid stable. Oh and play games. If unstable back down by 1 multiplier and test again.
you are not to blame for anything i do on my pc, martin

Soldato
I'm rocking 3.375Ghz @ 1.35v. I've put hours upon hours into testing and this is the best tweaked stable result.

Even with the options hard set in the BIOS. Ryzen Master reports all the normal down clocking / core sleeping with much reduced voltage, which make me a bit happier :)

Back
Top Bottom