• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3900X thread

Associate
I should have it on auto?

Anyway, 7071 this time with PBO off - everything else default with XMP Profile. That seems okay?

Thanks for everyones help so far, ive learned a lot in the last day!

Do some tests, IDK how your motherboard works, but in the taichi I'm using when I set fixed voltage to 1.264V (which I rather use cause of lower temperature) I get better multicore scores and worse single core score in any test, cb15, cb20, cpuz. So in my case which is just gaming I gotta go with voltage on auto cause gives me better single core score and a decent multicore score. But voltage on auto and llc on auto gives rather high temperatures, around 75C when playing BF5. So I set llc4 with negative offset of 0.1 resulting in 1.264-1.280V when under load, and consistent 65C when playing.

Also fixed voltage kinda breaks the boosting, in the taichi and in some other mobos so far I've seen. - But that might not apply to all mobos of course.

Try some LLC with negative offset in your bios, you will be looking for having around 1.264V when under load in cb20 to reach around 7100-7250 points. You can check the cpu voltage under load with cpuz or hwinfo.

Last edited:
Associate
Hopefully ill get my 3900x soon - I guess OC is pretty busy atm. For the time being ill have to use a Gigabyte K5 X370 for it (which I know isnt ideal) but hopefully it will do for the time being. In the future I plan to get a better motherboard for it, but they seem pretty expensive (especially X570), I also not keen on those fans on MB (maybe they arent as bad as I remember?).. maybe if I waited, X570 might come down in price? as I dont need PCIe 4.0 yet anyway. would have liked to get a better VRM however.

Associate
So i bought a 3900x and right now i'm looking for the MB.

Is the ASRock Taichi (x570) still the best option?

Don't get me wrong I love my taichi board, but as soon as x570 came out it's like support stopped. No agesa 1.0.0.3 ABBA and still no agesa 1.0.0.4 despite skipping a whole release.

Based on that I would hazard a guess that the same will happen to x570 when it's superseded, so it's enough to make me pick another board manufacturer h next time out. It's a shame as the board itself is great.

Soldato
Don't get me wrong I love my taichi board, but as soon as x570 came out it's like support stopped. No agesa 1.0.0.3 ABBA and still no agesa 1.0.0.4 despite skipping a whole release.

Based on that I would hazard a guess that the same will happen to x570 when it's superseded, so it's enough to make me pick another board manufacturer h next time out. It's a shame as the board itself is great.
That's really poor for a top tier X570 board.

I've got the Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 wifi and the Asus X470 ROG Gaming-f. Gigabyte seems very good with its bios updates with it receiving 1.0.0.4 back on the 11th Nov and the Asus just got it this week on the 25th.

Soldato

You not seen the 1.0.0.4 Patch B Beta for that board at the bottom of the page under Beta BIOS? Oh, only added yesterday by the looks of it.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X470 Taichi/index.asp#BIOS

And the B450's

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450 Steel Legend/index.asp#BIOS

Maybe the X370's today or tomorrow. They usually come out over 48 hours

Associate
You not seen the 1.0.0.4 Patch B Beta for that board at the bottom of the page under Beta BIOS? Oh, only added yesterday by the looks of it.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X470 Taichi/index.asp#BIOS

And the B450's

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450 Steel Legend/index.asp#BIOS

Maybe the X370's today or tomorrow. They usually come out over 48 hours

Saw this earlier yeah, I've got 3.75 beta downloaded, but not bothered trying it. I just want a fully fledged BIOS to release to fix the idle power voltage reading/issue and boost clocks.

Associate
Just ordered myself a 3900X after relaising I need to wait for the last fastest chip AMD makes for my platform (after having my hand in the 3950x lucky dip and failed).
OCUK had a nice price on the 3900X OEM chips. (Black friday deal?)

I may need to wait up to a year once all the 4000 fuss settles down so I pressed the button on a 3900X. (maybe less on fuss on the 4950x who knows?)

Soldato

There has been quite a few for my X370 version. There should be for the X470 as it's mostly the same board.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-...rock-x370-taichi-overclocking-thread-672.html

Soldato
We are still waiting for 1.0.0.4 from Asus Support is also dead
To be fair it was one of the reasons I changed my X470 board from Asus to Gigabyte (Gigabyte board also has better VRM's) I noticed that Gigabyte were getting bios updates with the new agesa out quite a bit sooner. I do prefer the Asus bios though but as I pretty much only spend 30min in it initially tuning the RAM then it was my last consideration

Back
Top Bottom