Ryzen 5 3600 w/ Dark Rock Pro 4 temps

Soldato
That isn't out of bounds for idle and in line with what your bios reports.

How about stressing it a bit now you're on balanced?

You shouldn't be using as much voltage with the Windows Balanced, but to be honest with your HSF and a 3600 if you're pushing over 70C there's something odd.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That isn't out of bounds for idle and in line with what your bios reports.

How about stressing it a bit now you're on balanced?

You shouldn't be using as much voltage with the Windows Balanced, but to be honest with your HSF and a 3600 if you're pushing over 70C there's something odd.

40 mins in, highest has been 74c

Associate
OP
Seems like an improvement at least and potentially right.

Which PRIME test are you running?

For heavy load and a max 74c I think I'd be happy.

So little update after today, I took the system apart, rewired it all nicely (was nice before but sepnt 2 hours doing it today) tightened them screws done on the HSF, and today while gaming (according to Ryzen Master, as GPU-Z and MSI are still looking crazy) has me at a max of 55c while gaming

Associate
Nope.

Windows Balanced.

Ryzen Balanced sounds great but it's a bit like performance mode.

Hmm...

I'd still go with Ryzen Balanced over Windows.

Ryzen Balanced allows for far more frequent changes in clock state, for example, which makes the system more responsive. It's recently been updated too with the chipset drivers i believe?

Soldato
Hmm...

I'd still go with Ryzen Balanced over Windows.

Ryzen Balanced allows for far more frequent changes in clock state, for example, which makes the system more responsive. It's recently been updated too with the chipset drivers i believe?

Perhaps, but I've encountered issues in the past similar to the OP's which were the result of Ryzen Balanced.

C64

C64

Soldato
The chipset drvers on msi's site are older i thought ? the temps look about right to me im getting similar on a noctua nh d14 these are toasty chips as they're 6 cores

mines idling 32-34 c all on auto in bios only things changed ram voltage to 1.34 and flk at 1800mhz

Back
Top Bottom