1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Discussion in 'CPUs' started by Gibbo, 9 Oct 2020.

1. Naff8000

Wise Guy

Somehow I just managed to get a 5600x off a competitor, arrives tomorrow. Can't believe it I'm over the moon. :D

2. Doggie2k

Wise Guy

I've been thinking about getting a 3900x but its not my 6700k cpu thats truly struggling its my 970 GTX!! So without a 3080 I'm planning on getting a new cpu would useless :(

3. LeeD96

Associate

Is anyone allowed to message me what competitors they're talking about? I only know of 2 that aren't scalpers and the way OCUK has handled comms regarding this release makes me want to look elsewhere when/if the 3060 TI comes out. 63 (i think) in the queue for a 5600x. hoping if they don't ship tomorrow we at least get some communication. Thanks

4. MegaPinches

Hitman

Don't worry I think he got it from 'ripofftech' for £334 I assume.

Last edited: 25 Nov 2020
  5. lavandino

Associate

I wish i knew who the competitor was

6. Pourma

Associate

Not talking about the politics... but completely ignoring that Taiwan isn't part of the EU... this has nothing to do with Brexit.

7. SoftwareJunkie

Associate

I feel your pain...queue# 591 here :mad:

8. IsaacKingsley

Associate

#712, tempted to send my motherboard back and wait it out. At this rate I might as well wait and see what Intel have to offer

9. PESolution

Mobster

Begins with N end in ech lol - to be fair it wasnt a great deal i think they were up at £335 or something wwhen RRP is 280

10. Naff8000

Wise Guy

334. Not great but I didn't even look at the price, just rammed through the pages. Fingers crossed it actually works.

11. Badwolfe

Associate

Well look at the RRP on all the 5000 series CPU's then look at what they are on here....not exactly Angelic themselves :)

12. Frubeling

Wise Guy

I'm just glad I'm upgrading and not building from scratch. Just that I was somewhat putting off trying to finish all the other upgrades until I got it, mainly because I'd rather not have to disassemble a full hardline loop to fit it when I get one

13. muziqaz

Wise Guy

Be careful with DPD, they have been extremely limiting with delivery reschedules. I got a delivery notice this morning for today 3-4pm, obviously I did not expect it to be delivered today so I cannot accept the delivery. Their option for redelivery is tomorrow, and next week. No deliver to neighbour, or leave at the safe place or deliver to one of the pick up spots. So yeah

14. Trustdesa

Gangster

Not to judge....your judgement...

£334 for an AMD CPU entry level has zero value, then again by all means your money :) I bought my current CPU and Motherboard from them, it is good however if you have a problem they are absolutely the worse, their customer care is horrible and their customer care manager and MD are a joke with legs.

But if you have no problems then isn't N.... making the CPU!

OCUk seem to be getting less stock than competitors, also their numbers aren't as clear as the competitor and prices are just scalping prices....also because seen how bad this is handled surely they have not hired more people to justify the extra price on the CPU (or GPU). I generally like them but this time around they are getting a big hit...

15. Naff8000

Wise Guy

I'm not sure what you mean. Zero value? I haven't seen it for less than £300 before so I'll take the £34 any day. I only game, no production.

16. ViRuS2k

Soldato

my 5950x arrived this morning :) will be installing it later tonight :D

cant wait to test it out with my 3090 :)

17. jakspyder

Mobster

Mine too! GPU block for the 3090 arrives tomorrow but no screen still! Nightmare.

I'm running it on air and stealing my housemates 1080p screen lol to validate it all works (and some sneaky gaming) then I'll start plumbing tomorrow. Fingers crossed the screen comes soon. Otherwise I'll just rdp from my work macbook and start installing stuff to get it ready.

18. Athyris

Associate

Which queue position were you for the 5950x?

My position was below 200 and I've got no confirmation shipping email yet, I start to worry a bit lol

19. FoxEye

Caporegime

That's me :p (building from scratch).

At the end of Black Friday I hope to have snapped up some bargains, which will sit around for 4+ months whilst I wait for CPUs and GPUs to exist for purchase :p

20. BitcoinForUrWitcher

Associate

I got mine today, was position 165 so should not be far off you. They have more coming this week so you should get it soon