• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Zdb

Zdb

Associate
I'm no expert. But after Jan 1st the Global Tarrif applies to ALL imports to the UK. Taiwan previously imported to the EU to.reach us. No more.

There are new documents all imports are required to complete on all imports too, related to the new tax. It's on the uk.gov website.

But I need to read up on the tarriff rates to see if it's going to raise prices, other than to cover costs of the extra paperwork.

This is what I was pointing at... Most of these shipments, not all but most, come via Frankfurt or Schipol as main distribution hubs. My point was that I didn't think this was a forum to get into the merits of Brexit or not... but that the UK was no longer going to be a distribution hub for these types of shipments - because of the paperwork and potential tariffs (see comment on politicians)... we'll be the tail of the EU dog for things coming from Taiwan as they'll ship to mainland europe, and then do the paperwork for the the sub-shipment of stuff going to the UK. If January is a mess, its more likely that Nvidia, AMD, Intel, etc are going to continue pushing to the EU, but the stuff to the UK becomes less of a priority because its hard, and if they want their quarterly numbers to look good, you focus on the demand where its easy. Looking at the car industry, they only count as sold when a customer takes ownership - so end of quarter there is a push to do handovers... i'm expecting its the same with this stock too.

But as I said, the stores in EU seem to have a few 3090 / 5950x stock whereas in the UK we've bought up all stock - perhaps we just like queueing after all! :)

Associate
This is what I was pointing at... Most of these shipments, not all but most, come via Frankfurt or Schipol as main distribution hubs. My point was that I didn't think this was a forum to get into the merits of Brexit or not... but that the UK was no longer going to be a distribution hub for these types of shipments - because of the paperwork and potential tariffs (see comment on politicians)... we'll be the tail of the EU dog for things coming from Taiwan as they'll ship to mainland europe, and then do the paperwork for the the sub-shipment of stuff going to the UK. If January is a mess, its more likely that Nvidia, AMD, Intel, etc are going to continue pushing to the EU, but the stuff to the UK becomes less of a priority because its hard, and if they want their quarterly numbers to look good, you focus on the demand where its easy. Looking at the car industry, they only count as sold when a customer takes ownership - so end of quarter there is a push to do handovers... i'm expecting its the same with this stock too.

But as I said, the stores in EU seem to have a few 3090 / 5950x stock whereas in the UK we've bought up all stock - perhaps we just like queueing after all! :)

Maybe when we are not in the EU we will just start trading directly with Taiwan. Without the regulatory alignment is there any specific reason why AMD would seek to go through the 'EU' distributors. You mention it being hard, but I mean. Literally every country that isn't in the EU doesn't seem to have these problems.

This is why I said this is political. You are making the ascertation that exporting to the UK will be harder than say... Iceland. A quick look on AMD's site shows they already have two UK distributors setup. It's not like they have to get this done for the new year. All the work would be on the distributors (Ingram Micro UK Ltd andVIP Computer Centre Ltd.). Obviously the distros will put in the work required.

So yes. It is political and whenever someone tries to make Brexit out to be bigger than it is... it's usually because of their own political bias's rather than the cold hard facts. Even more 'annoying' when they say 'not to be political'. It's like saying 'Don't mean to be rude, but.... *followed by rude af statement*'

Associate
My 5800x showed up yesterday. Finally able to finish the new build and test everything.
I tried redeeming my Far Cry 6 coupon but the AMD Rewards site says it is invalid. Anyone else have any issues with theirs ?

Just an update on this. AMD Rewards has confirmed that the retailer (Not ocuk) had not issued a valid coupon code. I got a new one from the retailer today, which was accepted by the AMD Rewards site only to get a message saying that the Coupon Code limit has been reached ! I'll keep following up, but it's not looking like I'll be getting my "free" game next year. :)

*UPDATE
The AMDRewards team sorted this for me.

Last edited:
Associate
I guess if it’s the last component you need to finish your build perhaps £110 over the odds seems worth it. I’m waiting on a 5900 so it’s too big a jump up for me but I would go for a 5950 at retail if they were available. At least there are some performance gains for the money rather than just paying over retail but at the moment I don’t blame anyone for wanting to just get out of waiting for CPU’s and GPU’s

Associate
I guess if it’s the last component you need to finish your build perhaps £110 over the odds seems worth it. I’m waiting on a 5900 so it’s too big a jump up for me but I would go for a 5950 at retail if they were available. At least there are some performance gains for the money rather than just paying over retail but at the moment I don’t blame anyone for wanting to just get out of waiting for CPU’s and GPU’s

Fair point. Like you I am waiting on an 5900x and 700 in the que at the other place.

If I was offered 5900x for £100 more than what I paid. I have to admit it would be very tempting.

Sad but true

Associate
CPU is the last piece I need so i'd not see a problem grabbing it, especially given the lack of communication here, but i'm in queue for a 5600x not 5900x, but if the 5600x was elsewhere for 30-50 quid more and it's all I need, why not.

Soldato
Ordered my 5950X on 14th November, just got notifed it's ready for collection tomorrow.

I'm surprised but I'm in mainland Europe so looks like stock is coming in people!

Last edited:
Soldato
CPU is the last piece I need so i'd not see a problem grabbing it, especially given the lack of communication here, but i'm in queue for a 5600x not 5900x, but if the 5600x was elsewhere for 30-50 quid more and it's all I need, why not.
The 5600X is already overpriced at £300, paying £50 more then you might aswell pick up a 10700K which gives more multithreaded performance and would perform the same in games at any resolution over 1080p.

Soldato
Just an update on this. AMD Rewards has confirmed that the retailer (Not ocuk) had not issued a valid coupon code. I got a new one from the retailer today, which was accepted by the AMD Rewards site only to get a message saying that the Coupon Code limit has been reached ! I'll keep following up, but it's not looking like I'll be getting my "free" game next year. :)

*UPDATE
The AMDRewards team sorted this for me.

Yeah if it says the limit has been reached log a support call with AMDRewards and they will increase the limit for you so it goes through.

Associate
Orderd my 5950X on 14th November, just got notifed it's ready for collection tomorrow.

I'm surprised but I'm in mainland Europe so looks like stock is coming in people!
Even uk got a shipment of 5950 this week, the biggest question is where the heck is everything else

Associate
Very pleased now I went with a cheap interim cpu, the wait is getting increasingly annoying

It is the inability of AMD to work like a normal corporate really... I was checking competition now and they are getting peanuts number of CPUs.

I also looked a the scalping price of OCUK for 5990x like they are getting in line with Scalpers on ebay, not even supply and demand as that is the least in demand of the lot :D

If it wasn't for pci4 I would just get a 1085k which is best value currently and best availability...AMD is just making a point that they are cheap even for once they are faster in ehmmm 2 decades?

If I can I will grab one of their CPU surely would never give them my money for GPU as you can tell the problem is their way of doing business.

Back
Top Bottom