• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
Now now that is starting to get to me. Still waiting on the 5900x shipping notification.
I was 56 on the queue last week. People on the 100s+ are getting it..

I know I have a couple of fans added to my 5900x order but it's no reason for this delay!
Come on OCUK. Help a brother out

Update:

After 40ish minutes on the phone waiting, I managed to get a hold of someone at OCUK and found out why it wasn't shipped...

They didn't have my fans in stock. Are you bloody kidding me?! The order was put early November, when they were indeed in stock, but for some reason they sold out on them! Instead of just putting some on the side for pre existing orders.... nah...That's just bad logistics practices plain and simple.
Luckily, the sales rep I talked on the phone with was super helpful and we managed to agree on him removing the fans from the order and sending the rest over to me. It should arrive around Monday or Tuesday.
By the way, it took me a whole second of looking on the internet's ecommerce evil empire website to find them in stock and order 6 of it. Coming tomorrow morning.

Sorry for the rant, just had a bad day. This was the cherry on the cake.

Associate
lol Bryce mate...who? Everyone, brick and mortar has it RSP for all models, OCuk is scalping as Nova-store... and honestly won't be purchasing from them again despite years of custom, already some people really puzzle me with lives so flat to be drooling for a price of silicon and willing to buy cr** like 10gb vram card at 800 quid but paying £100 over RSP for nonsense is really being gullible, I have removed OCuk from the list of retailers, it is sad to see them scalping this bad, for integrity if is that bad do not sell at Ebay prices, was looking now on the stock alert place....and yes OCUK is more expensive than scalpers a few days back.

Not only people should wait but also support store with ethics...

'everyone is getting normal supply'? What are you on?

Associate
Is brick and mortar a physical shop? I am unfamiliar with them. I think people are desperate to get what they want, christmas is approaching and people want to get what they want. Can't fault them, the scalpers are the ones who have the product and there is clearly a huge demand. It is obviously **** but what can people do if they want these products? wait for an unknown amount of time to have a chance of snapping up limited stock? I understand why people over pay at this rate.

best just to wait the unknown amount of time - it'll all be cleared up in less than a month, so if spending £100 to save a month on something you'll have for a few years is good value to you then go for it, i'm happy to sit and wait a few more weeks.

Associate
Fitted the cpu and it takes 4 or 5 resets to get it to boot, i never get post screen and cant get into the bios but sometimes it will simply booot straight to windows. And idea where i start? Mobo is a x570 tomahawk mis. Iv reset the bios and also updated it too, no difference

Man of Honour
Other than price, is there any real downside of the 5950x? I ask as, not being on a strict budget, it just seems worth going for it over the 5900x if there is little downsides. I haven’t had a pc since I was a child and quite fancy playing around with video editing etc

Soldato
Other than price, is there any real downside of the 5950x? I ask as, not being on a strict budget, it just seems worth going for it over the 5900x if there is little downsides. I haven’t had a pc since I was a child and quite fancy playing around with video editing etc

the only diffference that i have heard is there might be higher binning quality between the 2 and obviously better all core performance but roughly exactly the same gaming performance or slightly above that due to higher bin process.... though its what i have read so take it with a pinch of salt. ;D and as you said video editing then its a no brainer :) more cores/threads performance in all core for that type of task...

Man of Honour
the only diffference that i have heard is there might be higher binning quality between the 2 and obviously better all core performance but roughly exactly the same gaming performance or slightly above that due to higher bin process.... though its what i have read so take it with a pinch of salt. ;D and as you said video editing then its a no brainer :) more cores/threads performance in all core for that type of task...

Associate
Update:

After 40ish minutes on the phone waiting, I managed to get a hold of someone at OCUK and found out why it wasn't shipped...

They didn't have my fans in stock. Are you bloody kidding me?! The order was put early November, when they were indeed in stock, but for some reason they sold out on them! Instead of just putting some on the side for pre existing orders.... nah...That's just bad logistics practices plain and simple.
Luckily, the sales rep I talked on the phone with was super helpful and we managed to agree on him removing the fans from the order and sending the rest over to me. It should arrive around Monday or Tuesday.
By the way, it took me a whole second of looking on the internet's ecommerce evil empire website to find them in stock and order 6 of it. Coming tomorrow morning.

Sorry for the rant, just had a bad day. This was the cherry on the cake.

and of course that was just lies. He did remove the items who weren't in stock from the order.. but instead of sending the rest, I got a queue update. From 56 to 9.
This is actually feeling disrespectful by now. I would highly recommend people avoid buying with OCUK for the next year or so until they sort themselves out and this God awful logistics they have in place. I've been buying with OCUK for over 5 years but after this year I'm so disappointed that I might avoid it for a while. Too much stress.

Associate
and of course that was just lies. He did remove the items who weren't in stock from the order.. but instead of sending the rest, I got a queue update. From 56 to 9.
This is actually feeling disrespectful by now. I would highly recommend people avoid buying with OCUK for the next year or so until they sort themselves out and this God awful logistics they have in place. I've been buying with OCUK for over 5 years but after this year I'm so disappointed that I might avoid it for a while. Too much stress.

You been watching too much Anne Robinson

Associate
You been watching too much Anne Robinson
Sure, we can try avoiding the main issue here as much as you want but it still there. Their queue system and sales practice haven shown to be abysmal over the last 3 months. Be it from giving updates or even doing something basic like organising the orders.

Associate
Sure, we can try avoiding the main issue here as much as you want but it still there. Their queue system and sales practice haven shown to be abysmal over the last 3 months. Be it from giving updates or even doing something basic like organising the orders.

You won't convince the fanboys thats theres real problems with this place - both in their pricing and practices but thats what they rely on to keep doing it unfortunately

Associate
You won't convince the fanboys thats theres real problems with this place - both in their pricing and practices but thats what they rely on to keep doing it unfortunately
In fact it pains me to say these things because this is pretty much the 3rd big system I build with OC and none of the others had any issues.
But if you're a company this big and this old, I should be able to expect the same service regardless if they're having an easy time or a hard time. If you can work decently during a normal year with everything going as usual, I expect the same level of service during a turbulent year such as 2020. Sure, with some extra measures, but still at the same level.
This strongly smells of someone failing to invest in their infrastructure during their good years now struggling with a time like 2020.

On the note of pricing, an extra £20-£30 isn't an issue as long as the rest is okay. But paying a premium to stress is insane.

Last edited:
Soldato
In fact it pains me to say these things because this is pretty much the 3rd big system I build with OC and none of the others had any issues.
But if you're a company this big and this old, I should be able to expect the same service regardless if they're having an easy time or a hard time. If you can work decently during a normal year with everything going as usual, I expect the same level of service during a turbulent year such as 2020. Sure, with some extra measures, but still at the same level.
This strongly smells of someone failing to invest in their infrastructure during their good years now struggling with a time like 2020.

On the note of pricing, an extra £20-£30 isn't an issue as long as the rest is okay. But paying a premium to stress is insane.

It just seems like they are busy, but busy chasing their own tails around as they are trying to sell stock they don't have, then people get the hump, ring in send web notes etc etc.

I wonder how many thousands of pounds in card payments they have taken to just refund them at a later date.

Soldato
Are people still actually waiting in a queue to get one of these since launch day?

Sign up to hotukdeals and make an alert for the cpu you want, I've had alerts this past few weeks.

Associate
It just seems like they are busy, but busy chasing their own tails around as they are trying to sell stock they don't have, then people get the hump, ring in send web notes etc etc.

I wonder how many thousands of pounds in card payments they have taken to just refund them at a later date.
Agreed. It feels like they just gave up on trying to have any sense of organisation. At this point is just 'Product arrives. Pick an order. Send'
If it's the right order or not, that's not a concern. If the products are late? Well that's on the distributor not them. The customers should just keep waiting and behave.

Back
Top Bottom