• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7: Are you gonna buy?

Are you gonna switch back to AMD?

• Yes

Votes: 285 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 105 26.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
I picked yes, though that is only a probable outcome based on likely price performance (and tdp) outcomes.

For a very long time I've considered AMD CPUs as Hot/Slow and not cheap enough to make it worth it, if the Athlon architect has done it again, how AMD didn't keep him I'll never know, basically I'd advocate letting him run the whole company.

Associate
Hi there

So when you guys say you want a bundle do you mean:
CPU + Mobo
CPU + Mobo + RAM
CPU + Mobo + RAM + Cooler
CPU + Mobo + Cooler

We can only do one so please reply choosing one and we will likely go with the most popular choice.

Ill be upgrading from Core2Quad

So ill be looking for a min of CPU + Mobo + Ram

If there's a good offer with a nice AIO watercooling loop like the Cosair or NZXT then ill probably get that.

I would be looking for an affordable bundle though nothing insane.

My ideal bundle would be:

1700X CPU + X370 Mobo + RAM + Cooler

All for around £800 max.

RAM wise anything is a win when i'm on DDR2, but a push to the 3000mhz+ region would be a godsend!

Associate
I may buy depending on price of DDR4 mobo and best price/perf ryzen. Been waiting since i7 920 and kept pushing back the itch because nothing seemed good enough. I'd say Ryzen fits the bill, but only if the price isn't too gougey. Will also like to fit in a monitor and gpu but don't think there are any great ones that scream 'buy me' just yet.

Soldato
Nope.
Much more interested in Vega, they should concentrate on getting that out first.
No one wants vega more than me but I relise ryzen is critical to amd, if they get it right the revenue from cpu sales will make the revenue from gpu sales look like chump change.
Personally I feel amd are starting to get a bit of a feel good factor going on and may be able to capitalize on it as long as they don't eff it up

Soldato
Nope, my 6700k will last me a long while yet. If AMD are competitive and remain then I may consider something in a few years if I can put to bed my previous bad experiences with their products however but it depends on how Intel react.
I'm sure there will be lots of good press about it from the AMD fan base, those who are bored with the current options etc, and lots of negatively no doubt, so will be good to see how things pan out longer term - that's when you see where things really stand.

Associate
problem with intel is the built in antiprivacy NSA botnet. AMD have it too, but it's less obnoxious and possible to be circumnavigated. So, one could wait for intel's response, but Ryzen will always have the lead in terms of privacy.

Soldato
I'll most likely go for a new cpu/mobo/ram combo

my 4790 has been great but a mate is looking to upgrade his 1150 setup and its a great excuse for me

Soldato
problem with intel is the built in antiprivacy NSA botnet. AMD ha it too, but it's less obnoxious and possible to be circumnavigated. So, one could wait for intel's response, but Ryzen will always have the lead in terms of privacy.
What? :D. I don't give a damn about that stuff dude. Seems like an odd justification for buying a processor.

Back
Top Bottom