• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7: Are you gonna buy?

Are you gonna switch back to AMD?

• Yes

Votes: 285 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 105 26.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
You would like somebody to spy on you and take over your computer at will? Somebody you have never met and know nothing about?
lol my god, i have a weird friend like you that thinks the world is out to get him. Are you worth spying on? Probably not.

Associate
Am going with 1800x with Asrock X370 Fatal1ty Pro Gaming. Looks a amazing board with dual M.2 for Raid.
ASRock-X370-GAMING_zpsbanypuyy.jpg

Associate
lol my god, i have a weird friend like you that thinks the world is out to get him. Are you worth spying on? Probably not.
Probably not, but still. Also, have you considered that you are crazy for not believing me? The truth is stranger than fiction. For example, aliens are most probably real:

Caporegime
What's the point of "bling" on motherboards... seems like a completely pointless exercise. Much prefer industrial design, and functional design, where stuff is designed to work well, rather than looking stupid pretty

Soldato
What's the point of "bling" on motherboards... seems like a completely pointless exercise. Much prefer industrial design, and functional design, where stuff is designed to work well, rather than looking stupid pretty
The dirty secret of the motherboard is that it isn't really doing much that's interesting. Make it look like alien spacecraft technology, though, and it suddenly seems *very* interesting!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

It's looking very likely I will. Will be ready to buy when I finish uni at the end of May - hopefully all the dust (and prices) will have settled a little by then.

Caporegime
No, I haven't had my 6600K for long, but perhaps when I next build a new system I might. I'll certainly be interested in watching the reviews once release day comes, though.

Associate
Another user of an ancient pc here(i7 920) The current pc,gpu pricing is just hilarious. I am waiting for an excuse to get an entire new system ,mine does the job well enough but it is showing its age,so yes I may well take the plunge as long as the price gouging is not to obvious.

Soldato
You would like somebody to spy on you and take over your computer at will? Somebody you have never met and know nothing about?
Thought someone said the "NSA"? WHat you're saying i's very unlikely, just like I'm not preparing for the Earth to be invaded by aliens anytime soon. As I get up to nothing suspicious, even if a government agency wanted to look they can. But you or I are nothing special - nobody cares what we're up to unless they have a reason to have a closer look.
Slightly off topic but the fella's who have helped embed paranoia into people are criminals.

If we fear a criminal getting their hands on our computers because of something the NSA has had put there, we should probably be fearing much more -such as terrorists getting information on creating bioweapons or being able to trigger nuclear missiles remotely.

I work on IT and looking at data gathering at the moment. No doubt no matter what we tell customers some will probably vow never to trust us again even though it'll be impossible to link data back to an individual. We're interested in trends, behaviours, not the individual. Imagine for example we had the ability to know what time you switched on your PC. OUr database would show a date/time stamp and the action (on or off) - nothing else. BUt some will get ultra paranoid I'm sure. We're not working on this, just an example.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom