• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 7000 SERIES NOW AVAILABLE & IN STOCK !!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

The new Ryzen 7000 Series now in stock at OcUK:

CPUs:

Motherboards:

DDR5:

Last edited:
Cheapest motherboard is £320 :D:D

Plus about £300 for a good 32GB DDR5 kit.

boi-oof.gif

Looks like an early adopter tax with the motherboards. The weak pound will certainly not be helping either.

Glad I am not in the market for a new PC.

Plus about £300 for a good 32GB DDR5 kit.

boi-oof.gif

Looks like Zen 3 was the generation to upgrade. X570 prices were dirt cheap at the time of launch (I got mine for ~£150), DDR4 prices were really reasonable (I got my 64GB 3600CL16 kits Crucials for £240 each) and then slightly overpaid for the CPU as availability was poor. Got the three for less than £1000 in the end.

Now we're looking at £400 for motherboard, a 7700X would be £430 and then 128GB DDR5 would cost £1000 alone so almost £2000 for the three :D

Zen 5 will be the generation to upgrade. X670 boards will support it and will be a lot cheaper by then and DDR5 will have a much better £/GB than now.

Oof, I'd been thinking about an Asus Gene mATX build... but £570 is a bit steep. Not saying it's OCUK's fault, but it's hard to justify that price unless my current kit dies.

But maybe in a couple of months, if I can justify it as a christmas present to self :D

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £2,278.58 (includes delivery: £14.70)​

This is what I've specced up to move on from 6700k system. Can't decide if it's a bit rich for me or not. I could save here and there with different bits but basically this is same equivalent components I bought back in 2016 minus a 1070 yet it's £1000 more. Would certainly last me 6 more years plus potential for CPU and RAM upgrades down the line.

Back
Top Bottom