• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 7000 SERIES NOW AVAILABLE & IN STOCK !!

This is what I've specced up to move on from 6700k system. Can't decide if it's a bit rich for me or not. I could save here and there with different bits but basically this is same equivalent components I bought back in 2016 minus a 1070 yet it's £1000 more. Would certainly last me 6 more years plus potential for CPU and RAM upgrades down the line.
Samsung have got a really good cashback promotion going on 870 Evo 1, 2, 4 TB and 980 Pro 1TB and 2TB - non heatsink versions at the moment, unfortunately OcUK isn't on the participating retailers list, otherwise I would have posted Samsungs official link. Bagged myself a Samsung 980 Pro 2TB on the cheap, already had a 500GB.

If you want the latest and greatest though, Samsung releasing the 990 Pro in October, although doubt it will make any difference compared to the 980s for everyday use, hence Samsung trying to get rid of their old stock with cashback promotion.

Source: https://uk.pcmag.com/ssds/142248/samsung-targets-gamers-with-3-extremely-fast-990-pro-nvme-ssds
Samsung Official Link: https://news.samsung.com/global/sam...ptimized-for-gaming-and-creative-applications

Last edited:
Sorry if it's been answered already guys but just to put my mind at ease. I ordered a 32GB kit of 5200MHz ram, is that right for a 7950 for someone who just wants to run it at stock speeds, maybe undervolt it a little?

@SquirrelMadness

Thats the problem when you are coming from HEDT to mainstream, the PCIE lanes.
everything is so much faster and larger of course so you have consolidate the drives Couple 2TB nvme etc larger SSD and HDD

Last edited:
Samsung have got a really good cashback promotion going on 870 Evo 1, 2, 4 TB and 980 Pro 1TB and 2TB - non heatsink versions at the moment, unfortunately OcUK isn't on the participating retailers list, otherwise I would have posted Samsungs official link. Bagged myself a Samsung 980 Pro 2TB on the cheap, already had a 500GB.

If you want the latest and greatest though, Samsung releasing the 990 Pro in October, although doubt it will make any difference compared to the 980s for everyday use, hence Samsung trying to get rid of their old stock with cashback promotion.
Hey thanks for that had been looking for a new drive got a 2tb 980 pro on the way :D

Looks like demand is well down on Zen 4 compared to zen 3.

You should share your sales data and analytics from both launches so we can extrapolate what had caused this to occur.... Oh wait you are just guessing.

P.s. the entire computer market top to bottom is in the toilet and has been all year.

You should share your sales data and analytics from both launches so we can extrapolate what had caused this to occur.... Oh wait you are just guessing.

P.s. the entire computer market top to bottom is in the toilet and has been all year.
I'm just going by the fact that Zen 3 was sold out in less than an hour yet here we are with CPUs still all in stock.

Looks like an early adopter tax with the motherboards. The weak pound will certainly not be helping either.

Glad I am not in the market for a new PC.

Meanwhile, unfortunately I am and this is what I'm looking into buying :sweating: . Work expense gonna love me putting this on their tab xD

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £2,220.42 (includes delivery: £10.50) --- Atleast it includes delivery <3 D: XD​

Last edited:
wow. i don't think i can remember any day 1 release in the last decade that *didn't* sell out...now i've seen it
amd setting new records lol

Meanwhile, unfortunately I am and this is what I'm looking into buying :sweating: . Work expense gonna love me putting this on their tab xD

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £2,220.42 (includes delivery: £10.50) --- Atleast it includes delivery <3 D: XD​

I may not be impressed with the overall package that the 7000 series brings to the party but I do not think that anyone can deny it is the out and out Emperor for certain tasks and nothing else comes close to it in the areas it excels in.
If your workload can utilize all the cores or is in the areas where Ryzen is strong then it is a must have.

Also, if in 5 years time you can slot in a 32+ core 9950X into that mobo and more than double your performance you boss will most likely give you a big kiss.

Or he would be puckering up until he saw the price of the AIO you have chosen lol. Whatever you do dont let them see it in the flesh or you will have explaining to do.

Back
Top Bottom