• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Finally got my 7800x3D up and running last night, loaded optimised settings and then did a run of timespy just to compare to my i7 9800 and it scored 29k compared to 21k with the i7 so I'm more than happy with that.
So far this morning I've just enabled expo and medially set the voltage to 1.2v and need to start fine tuning.
Just out of interest what did you score with the 3DMark CPU benchmark?

Here`s mine
ZycvA0F.jpg

Ok. Cool. Good to know. I've currently got EXPO II profile enabled with PBO enhanced enabled.
I haven't enabled pbo yet, i noted to download a couple of stability testing programs and my internet had been down today. It's a whole new learning curve for me as this is my first AMD chip and i haven't tinkered properly since my Q6600 :cry:

I have an odd issue. Every now and again, when I shutdown my pc, windows closes, signal to screen disconnects but the motherboard is still on running all the fans and rgb. I then have to hold the power button for a few seconds to have it fully shutdown. No errors in windows or issue booting back up. Happens maybe once every 10 shutdowns.
Any ideas what could be causing this? I have tried changing bios but still happens.
My ram is overclocked and is passing all stress tests. Is this something that can happen with ram overclock? If so, what voltage is the one to be looking at?

Last edited:
I have an odd issue. Every now and again, when I shutdown my pc, windows closes, signal to screen disconnects but the motherboard is still on running all the fans and rgb. I then have to hold the power button for a few seconds to have it fully shutdown. No errors in windows or issue booting back up. Happens maybe once every 10 shutdowns.
Any ideas what could be causing this? I have tried changing bios but still happens.
My ram is overclocked and is passing all stress tests. Is this something that can happen with ram overclock? If so, what voltage is the one to be looking at?
You've not got fast start up turned on have you? It's kind of renowned for causing issues when powering down and/or booting up so everyone recommends you just switch it off. You can turn it off by going to "Choose what the power buttons do" in power options. It's the feature which tells windows to store everything what you're doing when you power off so you can boot up and it'll all re-open as you left it. Just doesn't work well though.

You've not got fast start up turned on have you? It's kind of renowned for causing issues when powering down and/or booting up so everyone recommends you just switch it off. You can turn it off by going to "Choose what the power buttons do" in power options. It's the feature which tells windows to store everything what you're doing when you power off so you can boot up and it'll all re-open as you left it. Just doesn't work well though.
I had it turned off in Windows, but just checked the Bios and have left it on in there. Just turned it off in the Bios, fingers crossed.

Edit, didn't work. Guess I'll run stock for a week and see if it happens again

Last edited:
Stock config, so both CCDs.
Hi!! Please, could you run blue protocol benchmark at 1080p windowed to see how 7950x3d scores?
You can find the donwload link and the ranking at this link https://www.benchme.xyz/home/BP
At the moment 13900k has a 5% margin over 7800x3d because it can overclock much more with proper cooling system but i'm really curious to see how a well optimized 7950x3d performs.
SMT off seems to score better. Thank you :)

Hi!! Please, could you run blue protocol benchmark at 1080p windowed to see how 7950x3d scores?
You can find the donwload link and the ranking at this link https://www.benchme.xyz/home/BP
At the moment 13900k has a 5% margin over 7800x3d because it can overclock much more with proper cooling system but i'm really curious to see how a well optimized 7950x3d performs.
SMT off seems to score better. Thank you :)
It's all in a language I can't read or understand, so no probably not. :)

Back
Top Bottom