• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Be interesting to see how you get on with this. It should pass at stock settings. Hopefully you update!
Initial response from support is that using CoreCycler is an 'unrealistic scenario' and they have to be able to reproduce it under 'normal circumstances'.

Frankly this ****** me off. Under 'normal circumstances' you might see only sporadic errors, so you use a stress test to isolate a cause and that's apparently 'unrealistic'. These are weasel words used to dodge responsibility.

Prolly the game than the hardwares software.
No difference in games I play
So I uninstalled the new chipset drivers (amd_chipset_software_5.05.16.529) and I am getting better CPU Mark score running the older version, (amd_chipset_software_5.02.19.2221).

uzzZ0Dv.png

The results in the beginning and the end are on the older chipset version. Ones in the middle were the latest.

I'm going to stick with the older version. (amd_chipset_software_5.02.19.2221).

Initial response from support is that using CoreCycler is an 'unrealistic scenario' and they have to be able to reproduce it under 'normal circumstances'.

Frankly this ****** me off. Under 'normal circumstances' you might see only sporadic errors, so you use a stress test to isolate a cause and that's apparently 'unrealistic'. These are weasel words used to dodge responsibility.
I had a feeling this would be the case with this. There seems to always be a way out for retailers. Surely it is the same as memory, if it fails at stock settings then it is faulty?

Can’t you find any other tests to show this happening, to build a better case?

I had a feeling this would be the case with this. There seems to always be a way out for retailers. Surely it is the same as memory, if it fails at stock settings then it is faulty?

Can’t you find any other tests to show this happening, to build a better case?
I'll see what they say in response, but otherwise I'll contact AMD direct and see what they say. I find it hard to believe they'll say it's unsupported, but if it is they should lock it out.

They can't have instruction sets that applications are free to use, that then function incorrectly when used and call that acceptable. Not sure how accurate but I've seen ppl say that dx12 uses avx2, and the notorious aida sha3 test supposedly does too.

Last edited:
I'll see what they say in response, but otherwise I'll contact AMD direct and see what they say. I find it hard to believe they'll say it's unsupported, but if it is they should lock it out.

They can't have instruction sets that applications are free to use, that then function incorrectly when used and call that acceptable. Not sure how accurate but I've seen ppl say that dx12 uses avx2, and the notorious aida sha3 test supposedly does too.
I would try and find other tests that show the problem. Strengthen the case as much as possible.

I highly doubt that 8Pack would sell one of these in a system he built, if it was failing at stock.

Is the 7800x3d the best gaming CPU out there then? Or is 13900k still king? 7950x3d? just want the best one regardless of the money for a 4090 build planning on keeping it for 3 years this time round.
I'm a 7800X3D owner and I would say that I have no regrets with buying the 7800X3D. I only use my pc for gaming and for the price, the 7800X3D is a good value, high performing, energy efficient CPU. Keeping in mind the AMD 8000 series of CPU's will be released next year I would go with a 7800X3D because more than likely you might consider upgrading next year. Who knows?

I'm a 7800X3D owner and I would say that I have no regrets with buying the 7800X3D. I only use my pc for gaming and for the price, the 7800X3D is a good value, high performing, energy efficient CPU. Keeping in mind the AMD 8000 series of CPU's will be released next year I would go with a 7800X3D because more than likely you might consider upgrading next year. Who knows?
Always something round the corner in the pc game m8 not to fussed about that I just want what's best now (time of buying) not to fussed what it is 13900/7800x3d/7950x3d

Always something round the corner in the pc game m8 not to fussed about that I just want what's best now (time of buying) not to fussed what it is 13900/7800x3d/7950x3d
Well.. if money isn't an issue, the 7950X3D is dominating a lot of benchmarks currently. I'm sure a 7950X3D owner will tell you they are very pleased with theirs.

Last edited:
Is the 7800x3d the best gaming CPU out there then? Or is 13900k still king? 7950x3d? just want the best one regardless of the money for a 4090 build planning on keeping it for 3 years this time round.
Well if money isn't an issue the 7950x3d is realistically going to be the best. Even if all you do is turn of the second CCD (and either enable high performance power plan or turn off game mode if you installed the driver so it doesn't park cores) it's a higher clocked 7800X3d. Some games do work better with the second CCD too though.

That all said it's quite a big jump in price so I do really mean the if money isn't an issue part. As the performance jump likely isn't huge, but in theory it is the best.

Well if money isn't an issue the 7950x3d is realistically going to be the best. Even if all you do is turn of the second CCD (and either enable high performance power plan or turn off game mode if you installed the driver so it doesn't park cores) it's a higher clocked 7800X3d. Some games do work better with the second CCD too though.

That all said it's quite a big jump in price so I do really mean the if money isn't an issue part. As the performance jump likely isn't huge, but in theory it is the best.
Tbh only thing I was going to mess with is just make sure ram was running at the right speed was going to mess with anything else

Tbh only thing I was going to mess with is just make sure ram was running at the right speed was going to mess with anything else
Well turning off the second CCD is just an option in the bios which you can set and forget, just make sure when you install the chipset driver to untick the one for 3d vcache. Then it's just a higher clocked 7800x3d with no faffing.

That all said I doubt the extra 200mhz gives too much extra performance so only worth it if the extra £240 really is absolutely nothing to you.

anyone else having issues with pyprime being inconsistent?

As in having variations of up to 100 between test sometimes and the very rare occasions of 200-800 more
My Windows 10 Pro is debloated and optimized, tried so many things to changing SOC/FCLK, Using no Chipset Driver, Different Nvidia drivers, Different Power Plans, Reinstalled bios, all stock settings etc but nothing seems to help
I'm on the Asus X670e Gene 7800X3D

So frustrated because some people say this is not normal and one guy apparently had this issue on his 1st CPU but his second CPU he says its super consistent, withing 20.
I asked him to record 10+ before I go ahead with a replacement.

Sooo annoyed because getting a replacement will probably take ages.
Anyone had to go through with a replacement CPU with OCuK how long did it take?

What's even more frustrating is this CPU is rated SP98 and runs very cool.
I'm starting to really dislike AMD

Last edited:
Nothing beats amd c3d cache technology for gaming, Intel isnt even in the game there.
you either buy a 7800x3d or a 7950x3d.
and enjoy the best gaming experience money can buy

This just cant be right, I was only using the 1101 Asus Bios for a week with a lower SOC 1.36 then EXPO would have applied and then after a week changed Bios to 1202 and SOC to 1.3 but it seems like it has degraded.
So annoyed with it because its a really good CPU rating SP 98 and runs super cool

@Gibbo sorry to bother you but hopefully you can help me to get a replacement really quick so I don't have to be without a CPU a while.
image.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom