• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks. isnt that wasted on the AMD platform though?
on X3D pretty much is the same as a good M die 6000mhz kit. it will do some timings lower though and less voltage needed while clocking higher but X3D seems to have a wall at certain point of tunning.

The non X3D CPU could see a little benefit if you have a diamond CPU that somehow is fully stable at 6600mhz, on non X3D timings and frequency actually matters a bit but no1 has really tested how much fps you would gain when testing 6000mhz tuned ram to say 6400mhz and 7800mhz tuned to 6600mhz. Id Say it would be something like 2% max, the biggest difference you would see is much less voltage needed to achieve those timings stable and some timings like tRP and tRFC you can definitely run much lower on A die kit while tRDS i think you can run little lower on M die but I'm not 100%.

I have seen A die 6400-7200mhz RAM do just as good as 7800mhz ram it depends on CPU the most then RAM and motherboard.

Last edited:
Thanks. Which exact model of ram was it please and which die is it using?
am sure there's only one version of the g skill 7800mhz.
I heard anything over 6800mhz its guaranteed to be A die, one thing to remember is M die mostly caps at 7200mhz overclock but one guy managed to get it stable all the way at 7800mhz while A die he got it stable all way at 8800mhz

Had my timings stable for a couple of weeks then pushed fclk to 2100, looked stable. Then was playing with the pbo scalar setting but my pc would sometimes lock up and restart randomly, so left scalar on auto. Still crashing, so changed fclk back to 2000 thinking that was it... still crashes randomly. Heavily dialed back my CO settings and Ram timings. Would leave Prime/corecycler/testmem running but would come back after a couple of hours and find pc restarted.

Was losing my mind thinking my CPU was dying or something then remembered I updated the Lian Li L-Connect fan software to version 3. Looked it up and other people were getting pc crashes with it too. Turns out it was just the crappy RGB fan software crashing my pc.

Had my timings stable for a couple of weeks then pushed fclk to 2100, looked stable. Then was playing with the pbo scalar setting but my pc would sometimes lock up and restart randomly, so left scalar on auto. Still crashing, so changed fclk back to 2000 thinking that was it... still crashes randomly. Heavily dialed back my CO settings and Ram timings. Would leave Prime/corecycler/testmem running but would come back after a couple of hours and find pc restarted.

Was losing my mind thinking my CPU was dying or something then remembered I updated the Lian Li L-Connect fan software to version 3. Looked it up and other people were getting pc crashes with it too. Turns out it was just the crappy RGB fan software crashing my pc.
Usually my go to is, check hardware, cable in socket for power and such and did I change something recently...
yea software issues is to common nowadays

My 7800x3d works wonderfully in my asus board tho with buildzoids timing for ram.
gamed yesterday it felt so much better, smoother as they say

am sure there's only one version of the g skill 7800mhz.
I heard anything over 6800mhz its guaranteed to be A die, one thing to remember is M die mostly caps at 7200mhz overclock but one guy managed to get it stable all the way at 7800mhz while A die he got it stable all way at 8800mhz

Turns out the Gskill c30 6000 are a die so I will go with them I think - F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5NR. Although the F5-6400J3239G32GX2-TZ5RK are also A die and the same price. I know I wont be able to overclock much past 6000 on my 7950x3d but which ram do you think will be the better starting point or nothing in it? I know the 6400 ram was a lot more money when launched (+£110) so perhaps they are the better binned dies?

Last edited:
You can't hit above 6600 on AMD, with most topping out around 6400. However that means you can lower the timings quite a bit and get lower latency, which is great for games.

How much more performance could you realistically get from a A-Die running 6200 CL26 vs 6000 CL30? It's a tempting upgrade for me.

How much more performance could you realistically get from a A-Die running 6200 CL26 vs 6000 CL30? It's a tempting upgrade for me.
usually, extreme memory tuning at some point reach the, is it making a difference when using your stuff or not wall.
and cost usually goes up a lot for little return really.

I use does it make a difference in actual usage experience if not the value isnt there for an upgrade

Couple of QQ:

1. 7800X3D Able to run 6000 CAS30 RAM just by EXPO (it's an EXPO kit rated at that)? Will manually adjust SOC down to 1.2v regarding current worries.
2. PBO Offset still good with these chips? Accessible via BIOS by default now or still require the PBOTuner in OS?

Couple of QQ:

1. 7800X3D Able to run 6000 CAS30 RAM just by EXPO (it's an EXPO kit rated at that)? Will manually adjust SOC down to 1.2v regarding current worries.
2. PBO Offset still good with these chips? Accessible via BIOS by default now or still require the PBOTuner in OS?
as far, it works as things did before.

Just bought the 7950x3d. What’s the best way to run this for gaming? I’ve seen people say that Process Lasso is the best way, but surely that’s not what AMD recommend. Would installing all the drivers as per AMD’s recommendations work just as well? I have watched some YouTube videos but it seems to be different information every time, and the channels are not so great.

Is there a setup guide on here? I’m reading through this thread but it just seems to be arguing about things.

This is the best one I’ve seen in the time I’ve looked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom