• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Try these.
OuH4PqG.png

If stable, you can try FCLK at 2100. If you notice a drop in Karhu MBs, then lower FCLK.

Might need to put dram to 1.4v + VDD, not sure depends how good your kit is.
I ran Karhu overnight and had no errors, I left the dram voltage as it was so I`ll try it with FCLK at 2100 and see how that holds up.

What results are people getting on curve optimiser with their 7800X3D ?

neg 20 ( all cores ) passed 12 hours of Y-cruncher, and neg 30 all cores has just passed a similar test / Ram deliberatly set low to rule that out

E4yzTWh.png

Last edited:

neg 20 ( all cores ) passed 12 hours of Y-cruncher, and neg 30 all cores has just passed a similar test / Ram deliberatly set low to rule that out

E4yzTWh.png
I’m on 7950x3d so not same exact. I’m currently testing idle after passing Y Cruncher for 12 hours. I have 25,28,30,30,30,30,30,30 on the 3d and all core 25 on second CCD.

I have found that you can pass hours of testing only to find a WHEA in HWINFO64 when doing nothing on the desktop while making a cup of tea. I haven’t started the second CCD yet, but it will take time. Then I start memory.

Keep in mind that higher memory frequency/tighter timings often means slightly less curve optimiser margin in my testing, so make sure to rerun with your memory at normal frequency/timings too.

Here's my 7950X3D CO Settings.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that higher memory frequency/tighter timings often means slightly less curve optimiser margin in my testing, so make sure to rerun with your memory at normal frequency/timings too.

Here's my 7950X3D CO Settings.
Good point - thanks

Was going to tune them seperately, then put them together and see how they behave.

What results are people getting on curve optimiser with their 7800X3D
Sadly just negative 18 for me.

Stable with 12+ hour runs of P95, Linpack and Y Cruncher, plus idled for 48 hours on desktop. Linpack is 12-hour stable at -30, but P95 instantly fails. Maybe because P95 uses all the memory and Linpack only 10gb?

Keep in mind that higher memory frequency/tighter timings often means slightly less curve optimiser margin in my testing

Interesting... I wonder if my 64gb 6000 c30 is what's mandating a marginally higher vcore than others can manage.

I also get a total bluescreen catastrophe with Ryzen Master and have to use bios to tune CO, which is curious and annoying, but probably not an hardware issue? Windows 11 complains about unverifiable files on boot with so much as -1 set by Ryzen Master.

Last edited:
Interesting... I wonder if my 64gb 6000 c30 is what's mandating a marginally higher vcore than others can manage.

I also get a total bluescreen catastrophe with Ryzen Master and have to use bios to tune CO, which is curious and annoying, but probably not an hardware issue? Windows 11 complains about unverifiable files on boot with so much as -1 set by Ryzen Master.
Ryzen Master tool (RMT) is a tool that allows you to change CPU/Memory BIOS options in Windows, albeit with a restart required for changing and applying most things.

It's really best to use one or the other, and me personally I'd much rather use the BIOS. I never use RMT for anything other than showing others my CO settings.

I'd advise everyone else to do the same, as it's quite easy to accidentally change something in RMT without realising, which is possibly what happened to you - is my best guess.

Last edited:
I'd advise everyone else to do the same, as it's quite easy to accidentally change something in RMT without realising, which is possibly what happened to you - is my best guess.

Idk, I tried a few times... literally just open RMT, go to the CO page, set it to -20, reboot: "blue screen" during startup saying something about Windows cannot verify this file and needs to be recovered. Not sure if it was an actual BSOD, or a message designed to look like one. Cleared CMOS, booted fine. Probably only really needed to reset CO in the bios but I hadn't found where it was hiding at the time :cry:

Repeat with -10; same outcome. -5; same outcome. Finally found the bios settings, set -20; booted just fine. Didn't pass stability testing, but at least now behaves like I expect an undervolted CPU to behave rather than a total block during the boot sequence.

It's not important, of course, but it is odd to me that RMT makes Windows 11 so very unhappy. But I'll just be leaving it alone now, this new build is so much cooler, quieter and faster than my 8700K that I'd really like to stop messing around tuning it and put it under my desk properly :D

Last edited:
Idk, I tried a few times... literally just open RMT, go to the CO page, set it to -20, reboot: "blue screen" during startup saying something about Windows cannot verify this file and needs to be recovered. Not sure if it was an actual BSOD, or a message designed to look like one. Cleared CMOS, booted fine. Probably only really needed to reset CO in the bios but I hadn't found where it was hiding at the time :cry:

Repeat with -10; same outcome. -5; same outcome. Finally found the bios settings, set -20; booted just fine. Didn't pass stability testing, but at least now behaves like I expect an undervolted CPU to behave rather than a total block during the boot sequence.

It's not important, of course, but it is odd to me that RMT makes Windows 11 so very unhappy. But I'll just be leaving it alone now, this new build is so much cooler, quieter and faster than my 8700K that I'd really like to stop messing around tuning it and put it under my desk properly :D
I hear bad things about using RM for setting curve optimiser.

I’m finding that it is really just a case of testing one at a time fully, then also at idle for a couple of days. It is a long process but it will pay off in the end when you have a fully stable system for you to enjoy. My best 2 core have to be even lower than I first thought it to be stable from -28 to -25.

Back
Top Bottom