• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What results are people getting on curve optimiser with their 7800X3D ?

neg 20 ( all cores ) passed 12 hours of Y-cruncher, and neg 30 all cores has just passed a similar test / Ram deliberatly set low to rule that out

E4yzTWh.png

Currently messing about with the CO on mine. Ran a 4.5hours Y Cruncher earlier but had to stop as I need to use the PC :p. Currently have 6 cores at -28 and the other 2 at -27 - arrived at these numbers by using OCCT as any higher was showing errors in the 30min stability test there. Probably got a bit to go on mine as far as stability goes but running these long tests is certainly a time sink!

running these long tests is certainly a time sink!

It really is!

I have never had the chance to do a "whole" build before that didn't need essential parts from the previous PC (usually they have Trigger's Broom syndrome), and it has been so nice to not care that I'm running stress tests for actual days to figure out the optimal settings :cry:

It took me weeks to get things properly dialled in, but it’s a good feeling when you know it’s done and you no longer have to worry about any stability issues (if you did it properly). To clarify, when I say weeks, I mean curve optimiser hand tuned each core for 100% stability, whilst using as much negative offset as possible.

Last edited:
It took me weeks to get things properly dialled in, but it’s a good feeling when you know it’s done and you no longer have to worry about any stability issues (if you did it properly). To clarify, when I say weeks, I mean curve optimiser hand tuned each core for 100% stability, whilst using as much negative offset as possible.
Do you have check for new AMD chipset drivers on the AMD website every month say? I like to make sure I’m always up to date on everything. Is there a place you can find out when they are released?

Do you have check for new AMD chipset drivers on the AMD website every month say? I like to make sure I’m always up to date on everything. Is there a place you can find out when they are released?
People normally post about it here in this section when they get updated, so I wouldn't worry about checking.

They also don't get updated that often, every few months at least and sometimes longer. Main thing is to keep game bar up to date if you play newly released games.

People normally post about it here in this section when they get updated, so I wouldn't worry about checking.

They also don't get updated that often, every few months at least and sometimes longer. Main thing is to keep game bar up to date if you play newly released games.
silly q, u mean the MS store app?

That is good to hear and one less thing to worry.

I try the new breakthrough map on BF2042 last night, this CPU is awesome in that game for me and staying very low 60c in max player lobby.

XGSQJEF.png

So far so good on -28/-27 CO
If this works, try RCD at 35, RAS 47, RC 79, may require a voltage bump. It should decrease your aida latency by another 0.3ns or so.
zwSViNs.png

Changes in red should improve bandwidth figures in aida.

Everything else looks good, EDIT - oh except you have gear down mode on which is disgusting. Turn it off. :p

Last edited:
I have started doing this now. Do a few runs of SHA3 if it passes do a quick run of Y Cruncher. Then idle, open browser and leave for hours. Then when no errors or restarts, I do a long Y Cruncher. The amount of time I have ran 12 hours of Y Cruncher and crashed after 20 minutes after at idle is wasted time for me. Also after I find the all core stable I leave the best cores till last to touch then do per core everything else one at a time very slow.

My temperatures are getting better and my SHA3 score is now consistently over 11,000. Only going to be better when I get to f clock and memory tune.

I have started doing this now. Do a few runs of SHA3 if it passes do a quick run of Y Cruncher. Then idle, open browser and leave for hours. Then when no errors or restarts, I do a long Y Cruncher. The amount of time I have ran 12 hours of Y Cruncher and crashed after 20 minutes after at idle is wasted time for me. Also after I find the all core stable I leave the best cores till last to touch then do per core everything else one at a time very slow.

My temperatures are getting better and my SHA3 score is now consistently over 11,000. Only going to be better when I get to f clock and memory tune.
Consistently over 11000 SHA3 is very good indeed.

Anyone play warzone with a 7950x3d and 4090? I run on low settings at 1440p 180hz get around 220 on rebirth only thing ive done is made sure ram is up to speed on overclock 6000mhz 32GB I get similar performance on the al mazreh map does this sound about right?

Anyone play warzone with a 7950x3d and 4090? I run on low settings at 1440p 180hz get around 220 on rebirth only thing ive done is made sure ram is up to speed on overclock 6000mhz 32GB I get similar performance on the al mazreh map does this sound about right?
I have the exact same setup. I play at the 4K but I can test at 1440p for you today and let you know my results. I have +200 and Curve Optimiser currently tuning so might be a little different.

Can you give your exact settings?

Last edited:
I have the exact same setup. I play at the 4K but I can test at 1440p for you today and let you know my results. I have +200 and Curve Optimiser currently tuning so might be a little different.

Can you give your exact settings?
I have not done any curve optimizing no idea how to do it and was hoping not to do anything like that to be honest. The settings I use are basically low on everything at 1440p 180hz. I dont play with high visuals and struggle to see anything I always run my games on competitive settings. On al mazreh massive rebrith can get anything from 220 to 250s then normal BR about the same then rebirth normal simliar fps which is strange thought i would get more!

I have not done any curve optimizing no idea how to do it and was hoping not to do anything like that to be honest. The settings I use are basically low on everything at 1440p 180hz. I dont play with high visuals and struggle to see anything I always run my games on competitive settings. On al mazreh massive rebrith can get anything from 220 to 250s then normal BR about the same then rebirth normal simliar fps which is strange thought i would get more!
Are you using Fidelity CAS? Any other settings I should know?

I will test later and let you know,

Back
Top Bottom