• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The temps are a big surprise consider I’m only using an aio. In Warzone I’m in the 50c with super flat frametime apart from in the plane at the start.

I’m currently testing render worker count on that game and I’m unsure between 7 or 8 it is very close. Have you tested Matt?

Thank you. I will hope to be at the memory tuning stage soon enough. Maybe a week.

I also have not found SHA3 as good as Y Cruncher for finding instability but I’ve seen people saying is best. For me not so much. Y cruncher is better but I do some after completing anyway.
Use 6 for render count.

Yeah people always find some tester work Better than others definitely not a one size fits all.

@LtMatt can you suggest some timings for this? I`m currently running on EXPO at the moment but it would be nice to see what I can get and then start with Curve Optimiser. TIA
3xsZdUP.png

I am slowly progressing. Do you know any test for idle? That’s where I am finding it more difficult to test. I can be stable in stress tests then crash just browsing.

Also Matt did you do a negative curve optimiser on both CCD or just the 3d?
did u try CoreCycler AVX2/Small?

that seems to be the only thing that shows errors on mine, as i said earlier even at stock. it seems to be only the particular way that it runs Prime95 too, as vanilla Prime95 pinned to the cores with errors doesn't show the same errors.

6200C26 + 2167Mhz FCLK = 299MB Karhu.

SOC 1.162v
VDDIO 1.162v
Misc 1.065v
VDDP 1.160v (1.150v would throw an error after 4-5 hours of Karhu - took me a few overnight runs to figure it out)
VDD 1.57v
VDDQ 1.39v

Note: You need a good A Die Hynix kit to run these timings.
WNWrc9U.jpg

@LtMatt can you suggest some timings for this? I`m currently running on EXPO at the moment but it would be nice to see what I can get and then start with Curve Optimiser. TIA
3xsZdUP.png

Try these.
OuH4PqG.png

If stable, you can try FCLK at 2100. If you notice a drop in Karhu MBs, then lower FCLK.

Might need to put dram to 1.4v + VDD, not sure depends how good your kit is.

Last edited:
Try these.

If stable, you can try FCLK at 2100. If you notice a drop in Karhu MBs, then lower FCLK.

Might need to put dram to 1.4v + VDD, not sure depends how good your kit is.
Thanks for that, I`ll give it a go tonight, my kit is Gskill Trident Z Neo which I believe is M die so fingers crossed it`s a decent bin.

for those who are interested, AMD don't think Prime95 alone qualifies for an RMA (which is what ocuk had told me AMD's response would be):

JpPBS5x.png

Personally I'd write back to that and say that I don't care what they think "should not" need to be RMA'd because I disagree. It isn't working properly, sooner or later something else will show an error.

did u try CoreCycler AVX2/Small?

that seems to be the only thing that shows errors on mine, as i said earlier even at stock. it seems to be only the particular way that it runs Prime95 too, as vanilla Prime95 pinned to the cores with errors doesn't show the same errors.
I have not tried yet unfortunately. It seems very strange it is not showing in anything else. Have you tried OCCT AVX2 Small?

I get their response but at the same time I wouldn't be very happy with it. At stock I'd expect a CPU to pass everything it supports without errors. It might be a bit of an unrealistic work load but it seems fairly clear some CPU's are struggling with AVX2 at stock in these tests and you might come across that instruction set at some point with normal use which could cause an issue.
I have not tried yet unfortunately. It seems very strange it is not showing in anything else. Have you tried OCCT AVX2 Small?
I saw elsewhere that people had errors on OCCT AVX2 small single threaded as well.

yeah...i mean realistically, i can complain but i doubt they're going to do anything. and tbh it's quite an edge case that hardly anyone seems to test (including AMD themselves, seemingly), i don't want to force through an RMA only to end up with the same (or worse) problem.

i have, and it didn't show up there either. it is literally only Prime95 when run through CoreCycler, with AVX2/Small, and with `suspendPeriodically = 1` set.

6200C26 + 2167Mhz FCLK = 299MB Karhu.

SOC 1.162v
VDDIO 1.162v
Misc 1.065v
VDDP 1.160v (1.150v would throw an error after 4-5 hours of Karhu - took me a few overnight runs to figure it out)
VDD 1.57v
VDDQ 1.39v

Note: You need a good A Die Hynix kit to run these timings.
WNWrc9U.jpg
Can you confirm the VDD voltage for this ? You say 1.57 at the top, but it shows 1.195 in Zen picture, or am i confusing 2 different sets of timings ( more than likely ).
I've ordered a similar set of 7800 A die and want to have a play :D

Can you confirm the VDD voltage for this ? You say 1.57 at the top, but it shows 1.195 in Zen picture, or am i confusing 2 different sets of timings ( more than likely ).
I've ordered a similar set of 7800 A die and want to have a play :D
Zen timings shows the wrong value, so ignore it for VDD/VDDQ. It might have been 1.58v actually, I'll double check that tonight when I do another 10+ hour run.

Wise choice. You'll need a decent (a die) kit to get TRP down to 30-32.

Last edited:
Do you half the cores? Or do you do 6 for the 7800X3D also.
The game, by default, uses half the cores of however many physical cores you have.

In my testing of 6, 7 and 8, 6 performs best overall. 7 is very close performance wise to 6, but 6 edges it slightly.

IMO you can't go wrong with a value of either 6 or 7.

Last edited:
Zen timings shows the wrong value, so ignore it for VDD/VDDQ. It might have been 1.58v actually, I'll double check that tonight when I do another 10+ hour run.

Wise choice. You'll need a decent (a die) kit to get TRP down to 30-32.
Where do I find these a die kits? The best I’ve seen is the GSkill 64gb 6000 cl30 and the 32gb that I was considering to buy. If there is something better I can buy instead.

Where do I find these a die kits? The best I’ve seen is the GSkill 64gb 6000 cl30 and the 32gb that I was considering to buy. If there is something better I can buy instead.
For the most part, 7200Mhz and higher speeds are usually guaranteed a die. However, it is possible to find some 6000-6400Mhz kits that are a die, but it is luck of the draw and these are usually dual rank (64GB) kits. Even then, not all of them are a die and many are m die.

If you want guaranteed a die, you need to buy at least 7200Mhz. If you go for a 7800Mhz/8000Mhz kit, then you increase your chances of getting a higher binned a die kit.

Last edited:
For the most part, 7200Mhz and higher speeds are usually guaranteed a die. However, it is possible to find some 6000-6400Mhz kits that are a die, but it is luck of the draw and these are usually dual rank (64GB) kits. Even then, not all of them are a die and many are m die.

If you want guaranteed a die, you need to buy at least 7200Mhz. If you go for a 7800Mhz/8000Mhz kit, then you increase your chances of getting a higher binned a die kit.
Are these guaranteed to work. They will not be on the QVL so is there a chance it might not be ok?

I understand you can’t post to other stores but could you tell me what kit you have maybe?

Thanks.

Are these guaranteed to work. They will not be on the QVL so is there a chance it might not be ok?

I understand you can’t post to other stores but could you tell me what kit you have maybe?

Thanks.
Its in his Zen timings screens, at the bottom

GSkill 7800 c36 ( pretty sure its this : https://www.gskill.com/product/165/374/1668740011/F5-7800J3646H16GX2-TZ5RK )

i've ordered a Corsair Dominator 7800 kit to play with, direct from Corsair CMT32GX5M2X7800C36

And no guarentee they will work, certainly not at 7800 :D , but down clocked and manual settings, no reason why not ( as LtMatt has shown )

Last edited:
Its in his Zen timings screens, at the bottom

GSkill 7800 c36 ( pretty sure its this : https://www.gskill.com/product/165/374/1668740011/F5-7800J3646H16GX2-TZ5RK )

i've ordered a Corsair Dominator 7800 kit to play with, direct from Corsair CMT32GX5M2X7800C36

And no guarentee they will work, certainly not at 7800 :D , but down clocked and manual settings, no reason why not ( as LtMatt has shown )
Great information. Thank you for this.

I hope to order something similar and give it a go. Firstly I buy a fire extinguisher just in case.

Back
Top Bottom