• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have the same ram and can run at the below settings with 1.0.0.7b agesa, previous agesa was hardly stable over 6000mhz. I would wait until msi post an updated bios before dialling in your ram.
wdonCGT.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Liking the new agesa update for the Asus X670E-A! Taken a solid minute off my boot times now that it's not fannying about with memory training every time.

So far I've nudged my G.Skill 2x32 6000c30 up to 6200c30 with several days and no sign of instability. Wondering whether I can tweak this memory up a bit more, or whether I should try dropping it to c28 or something? Feeling like this kit probably has a bit more to give, just not sure which direction to push it :D

Isn't it best to leave the memory training on? Better to crash at startup than while in use.
From what I've been seeing and reading there isn't much benefit from increasing your ram speed for gaming I'm keeping mine at 6000 with expo timings and maybe tweak them lower or just drop the voltage a bit.
I have -25 all cores running in y cruncher atm and the average effective clock is 5027 so nearly maxed out, hopefully it lasts the night. Also fixed the soc to 1.2 cpu temps 76c

@LtMatt is this AGESA update for AM5 widely available yet? just wondered if its worth switching to A die yet.

I'm changing to a full ATX case soon for a full custom loop so need to change my msi itx mobo, are any mobos recommended?

Has anyone tested 7200+ on warzone that you know of? I dont imagine its going to make a significant difference but something to play with.

@LtMatt is this AGESA update for AM5 widely available yet? just wondered if its worth switching to A die yet.

I'm changing to a full ATX case soon for a full custom loop so need to change my msi itx mobo, are any mobos recommended?

Has anyone tested 7200+ on warzone that you know of? I dont imagine its going to make a significant difference but something to play with.
I think most board partners have released BIOS updates for it now, perhaps with the exception of some MSI boards.

With my 64GB dual rank kit, 6200C26 is best for me as my kit will only do around 6800MhzC30. However if you can hit higher speeds, it might be beneficial. I'd also recommend testing various FCLK speeds (to see which gives lower latency) as higher may not always be better when you hit these higher memory frequencies.

Last edited:
I think most board partners have released BIOS updates for it now, perhaps with the exception of some MSI boards.

With my 64GB dual rank kit, 6200C26 is best for me as my kit will only do around 6800MhzC30. However if you can hit higher speeds, it might be beneficial. I'd also recommend testing various FCLK speeds (to see which gives lower latency) as higher may not always be better when you hit these higher memory frequencies.
Have you noticed any change in curve optimiser when using the updated bios?

Back
Top Bottom