• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@LtMatt I can’t get 6200 to work with these timings.

What would you be suggest to try next?

Perhaps a silly question, but have any of the big/trusted review sites done any re-runs of Ryzen 7000s when loaded with the fastest memory that now works? We knew they were quite memory sensitive to memory speed from day one (hence the massive debacle when board partners tried to claim EXPO was not actually supported) so I'd be curious to know whether slapping the fastest memory kit on the market into them does any good now :)

Can anyone (looking at you @LtMatt ) tell me what a "safe" voltage is for CPU vddio/MC on a 7800x3d..? Little concerned mine is tad too high when it was on auto

Researched this a while back during the vsoc debacle. VDDIO is intended to be the same as your memory voltage. Mine seems to be 1.35 with 1.4v memory and has no issues, but there's no reason to worry if you're in that standard operating range. Some people reported problems when trying to lower it (which would be typical if you have voltages that are meant to be equal but are instead presenting a gradient).

It shouldn't be thought of as a thing that has the same limit as the vsoc.

Last edited:
Researched this a while back during the vsoc debacle. VDDIO is intended to be the same as your memory voltage. Mine seems to be 1.35 with 1.4v memory and has no issues, but there's no reason to worry if you're in that standard operating range. Some people reported problems when trying to lower it (which would be typical if you have voltages that are meant to be equal but are instead presenting a gradient).

It shouldn't be thought of as a thing that has the same limit as the vsoc.
Cheers for the reply. I as worry as mine seemed to be pretty high. Had memory at 1.4v but the CPU vddio/MC was reporting at 1.48v! So I stuck it low to something like 1.3v and it wouldn't play ball at all..

Cheers for the reply. I as worry as mine seemed to be pretty high. Had memory at 1.4v but the CPU vddio/MC was reporting at 1.48v! So I stuck it low to something like 1.3v and it wouldn't play ball at all..
1.35 will likely be absolutely fine but there's no reason to worry about 1.4.

Totally sensible to manually align it with VDDR if auto is getting it wrong though :)

The YCruncher 1-7-0 test is not sufficient to get Curve Optimiser stable. It is only one tool that can be used. Corecycler and OCCT are also needed due to the per core testing at different modes SSE,AVX2 etc for long periods of time. Then there is SHA3 which if you want complete stability in my opinion you must also pass.

There is no 1 test that you can use to get Curve Optimiser stable. Even after everything I have mention there is still idle stability which can happen at any time (even during important work you may not have saved).

7800x3d and 7950x3d are great CPU’s but are an absolutely nightmare to tune for very little gains especially when gaming.

Leave stock and enjoy.

The YCruncher 1-7-0 test is not sufficient to get Curve Optimiser stable. It is only one tool that can be used. Corecycler and OCCT are also needed due to the per core testing at different modes SSE,AVX2 etc for long periods of time. Then there is SHA3 which if you want complete stability in my opinion you must also pass.

There is no 1 test that you can use to get Curve Optimiser stable. Even after everything I have mention there is still idle stability which can happen at any time (even during important work you may not have saved).

7800x3d and 7950x3d are great CPU’s but are an absolutely nightmare to tune for very little gains especially when gaming.

Leave stock and enjoy.
With any overclocking on AMD or Intel, hell to that. One bench for me and then roll the dice.

With any overclocking on AMD or Intel, hell to that. One bench for me and then roll the dice.
I understand why you do things this way. It makes life much easier. And is honestly a the best way. Some people play benchmarks that is their game, and if they like this I’m happy. I’d much prefer to be actually gaming instead of running Prime 95 AVX512 small FFT for hours and hours.

With the 7960x3d for example Curve Optimiser is a complete mess. You can find stability after months testing and testing and then out of nowhere crash, with 0 indication. Most of the time what is happening is if you change core 11 this has an affect on other cores like leakage, which means you are forever changing cores trying for stability but making another one even more unstable which is very frustrating.

You would need to in fact test high load per core low load per core with AVX 2 and SSE then the same all core preferably AVX512 also, then SHA3 around 20 runs to be safe, then idle for around 48hours+. If you want true stability this is.

I say leave it alone and play your games unless you are obsessed with numbers for a strange reason.

Last edited:
Yesterday was having all sorts of issues, left pc for a while and it went to sleep wouldnt wake up, hard powered it down and was stuck at the yellow light on board (memory related I believe) and refused to boot, had to eventually clear CMOS to get it to boot, left ram at stock and its been perfect ever since, saw that AMD only officially guarantee 5200mhz so maybe my chip isnt a good one or the ram isnt upto spec?
Decided to set the times manually rather than EXPO, found a setting in bios of my board for 2 x 32gb 6400 Samsungs, used that but set the frequency to 6000mhz and its been rock solid ever since, its even lowered the timings to what expo was using from cas 40 to 38, weird

Decided to set the times manually rather than EXPO, found a setting in bios of my board for 2 x 32gb 6400 Samsungs, used that but set the frequency to 6000mhz and its been rock solid ever since, its even lowered the timings to what expo was using from cas 40 to 38, weird
And what is even weirder is that i have reduced latency and increased ram speed from 44 and 5200mhz and ive lost 20fps in warzone?

Back
Top Bottom