• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am having a strange issue on my new 7800x3d. Latest bios, latest chipset drivers etc.
I have 2 ram kits:
-Adata 6000cl30 - Hynix M-Die (new)
-GSkill 6000c36 - Samsung (from my older Intel setup)
Hynix kit is not stable at anything past 5600MHz, when set to 6000 it instantly crashes any benchmark - with Buldzoid timing it crashed on desktop, while Gskill is rock stable(tested with Memtest/Realbench/Prime95), so its not an issue with the CPU.
I thought Hynix was considered better and easier on memory controller? Is my Hynix kit broken?
What kindness crash? BSOD, program crash to desktop, unannounced reboot?

Instant reboot with any load - prime 95, memtest, realbench. I think I will just return the adata and stay with Gskill - 6000c36 is not that bad.
Not a common fault but can happen. If you hadn't got the other RAM kit I would suggest checking the heatskink was on properly.

Sounds like returning it is the right move tbh.

Dont be afraid to put 1.4v VDD and VDDQ, mines never been below 1.55v for both.

Also whats your SOC voltage at ? this could be the problem if too low.
It was 1.25v, but I am returning the kit today anyways. Will keep Samsung ones until next gen Ryzen will make use of faster ram.
Its all a bit new to me as I was always using intel - the mere fact that XMP/EXPO is not working with default settings is a bit upsetting but it is what it is. Maybe the chip is a sus.

Last edited:
My 7950X3D from OCUK is SP 112, so quite a nice chip

O4clOyy.png

Tweaking the CPU will have to wait till I'm done with memory, working on it just now

n7zn9MN.png

Bought this kit of memory from OCUK as well. Testing 6400 CL26 as well, but it's likely to need around 1.65v. My memory is watercooled in case anyone wonders about these voltages lol.

Mobo had to be imported, it's wild that there aren't more 2 DIMM AM5 options yet.

Last edited:
My 7950X3D from OCUK is SP 112, so quite a nice chip

O4clOyy.png

Tweaking the CPU will have to wait till I'm done with memory, working on it just now

n7zn9MN.png

Bought this kit of memory from OCUK as well. Testing 6400 CL26 as well, but it's likely to need around 1.65v. My memory is watercooled in case anyone wonders about these voltages lol.

Mobo had to be imported, it's wild that there aren't more 2 DIMM AM5 options yet.
Very nice looking and balanced sample on the SP front.

My 7950X3D has a slightly stronger frequency CCD, infact it is the strongest frequency CCD I've seen on a 7950X3D. Sadly, I have one of the weaker cache CCDs I've ever seen on a 7950X3D. However, my sample likes 2200 FCLK and 8000Mhz, so all in all it's pretty damn good.

I can't seem to get away from a tPHYRDL mismatch if at 6400 1:1 - 6200C28 seems okay though. Unstable at 2166 FLCK so running 2100 atm. (7800X3D)
It is just some cheap 6400 CL32 XMP RAM though.
Time to become a real man and use a 7950X3D bro. :p

That said, I wouldn't worry too much about a PHYRDL missmatch. It only costs a small amount of latency. I have one at 8000MhzC34, but it's stable so that's all that matters.

Last edited:
I can't seem to get away from a tPHYRDL mismatch if at 6400 1:1 - 6200C28 seems okay though. Unstable at 2166 FLCK so running 2100 atm. (7800X3D)
It is just some cheap 6400 CL32 XMP RAM though.

4 DIMM board?

The Asrock B650M-HDV/M.2 is an incredibly good value board. Not sure if OCUK stock it but it can be found elsewhere for like £108.92.

OCUK did stock the X670E GENE but its initial RRP was totally bonkers. Think it's pretty much out of stock now everywhere apart from Rainforest Germany. No idea why the Germans are sitting on a cache of X670E GENE mobos lol. I know they like their OCing though so maybe ASUS puts most of their OC board stock to Germany!

While it's a nice mobo it's still grossly overpriced compared to something like the Asrock as long as you don't really need more USB or something.

As I moaned about above it's crazy the lack of 2 DIMM boards this generation. Really would have expected something from MSI for AMD with the Unify X lineup. I think it's only their Unify X intel board that is 2 DIMM.

Very nice looking and balanced sample on the SP front.

My 7950X3D has a slightly stronger frequency CCD, infact it is the strongest frequency CCD I've seen on a 7950X3D. Sadly, I have one of the weaker cache CCDs I've ever seen on a 7950X3D. However, my sample likes 2200 FCLK and 800Mhz, so all in all it's pretty damn good.

Time to become a real man and use a 7950X3D bro. :p

Ooft, that frequency CCD is bonkers, probably one of if not the best out there. You'll get most of your benchmark high scores from that CCD as well I'd be thinking!

Just happy my new CPU seems to have a really decent IMC. Will move up to the 8000 testing soon, just having some fun at 6400 1:1.

Last edited:
4 DIMM board?

The Asrock B650M-HDV/M.2 is an incredibly good value board. Not sure if OCUK stock it but it can be found elsewhere for like £108.92.

OCUK did stock the X670E GENE but its initial RRP was totally bonkers. Think it's pretty much out of stock now everywhere apart from Rainforest Germany. No idea why the Germans are sitting on a cache of X670E GENE mobos lol. I know they like their OCing though so maybe ASUS puts most of their OC board stock to Germany!

While it's a nice mobo it's still grossly overpriced compared to something like the Asrock as long as you don't really need more USB or something.

As I moaned about above it's crazy the lack of 2 DIMM boards this generation. Really would have expected something from MSI for AMD with the Unify X lineup. I think it's only their Unify X intel board that is 2 DIMM.

Ooft, that frequency CCD is bonkers, probably one of if not the best out there. You'll get most of your benchmark high scores from that CCD as well I'd be thinking!

Just happy my new CPU seems to have a really decent IMC. Will move up to the 8000 testing soon, just having some fun at 6400 1:1.
Yeah 6400 1:1 is nice and mine likes it. I wish it did 6600:1:1 as I think that is the most performant. Sadly, not stable for me, nor on any 7950X3D sample I've tried. And tbf, I've tried at least 5. :p

Yeah 6400 1:1 is nice and mine likes it. I wish it did 6600:1:1 as I think that is the most performant. Sadly, not stable for me, nor on any 7950X3D sample I've tried. And tbf, I've tried at least 5. :p

I suppose I can give it a go... :cry: Can't remember if dom ever got it stable and he has gone through goodness knows how many!

pt0L5bG.png

I'm letting a CL26 run to 10k% just now and then I'll test 6600 for a laugh.

If CL26 is stable I guess I can daily it, there is basically no difference in temps between 1.6v and 1.65v.

I suppose I can give it a go... :cry: Can't remember if dom ever got it stable and he has gone through goodness knows how many!

I'm letting a CL26 run to 10k% just now and then I'll test 6600 for a laugh.

If CL26 is stable I guess I can daily it, there is basically no difference in temps between 1.6v and 1.65v.
You want to keep 1.65v daily on ddr5? I doubt it will last long, regardless of temp.

You want to keep 1.65v daily on ddr5? I doubt it will last long, regardless of temp.

Should be fine :p

It's pretty difficult to kill memory, within reason with voltage/temp it's more instability that is your enemy as it will corrupt data.

IIRC there were some DDR4 kits sold at retail rated for 1.6v. My DDR4 daily was 1.55v with a 1.55v rated kit. There may be some scope to come down a little from 1.65v, but from what I've seen 6400 C26 is going to need around it to be stable.

@LtMatt My averages

UpJU9Tg.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom