• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Getting more tempted to get a 7800X3D now that I’m well and truly loving my PC gaming setup again.
I got one late last yea and am loving it. Join us - you know you want to :D

My 9700k is well on its way to being broke :p
Mine replaced a 6700k that still ran fine other than in flight sims where it would go full PowerPoint emulator on me at random which was less than convenient.

I got one late last yea and am loving it. Join us - you know you want to :D

Mine replaced a 6700k that still ran fine other than in flight sims where it would go full PowerPoint emulator on me at random which was less than convenient.
A fellow 6700K owner here, with 32GB of DDR3 and a 1080.

It was the dog's ******** when I built my PC years ago lol :cry:

I'm still debating with myself whether to get a 7950X3D or wait for Zen 5

did a windows update and it messed up my core parking. so i double checked if the game bar was updated there was a update then did the cmd command.
checked on my games still was not working correctly found out in the end it was the power profile put it back to balanced and its back to working how it should.
least i now know what to check before nuking windows 11 again in the future :)

It doesn't make any difference, so don't consider it as a factor.

However, I used a 7900X3D and can confirm it's still a beastly gaming CPU and just a tad slower than the 7950X3D in most workloads.
So I've got the 7800X3D at the moment and I still get 'MainThread' as my limiter on FS2020.

I get the impression a 7950X3D would be better performance (better single thread and simply more cores, not that I ever seem to saturate 8 cores anyway) - but if you have personal experience I'm interested to know please :)

So I've got the 7800X3D at the moment and I still get 'MainThread' as my limiter on FS2020.

I get the impression a 7950X3D would be better performance (better single thread and simply more cores, not that I ever seem to saturate 8 cores anyway) - but if you have personal experience I'm interested to know please :)
Not much - from what I saw 7950x3d is barely 5% faster in MS FS.

Not much - from what I saw 7950x3d is barely 5% faster in MS FS.

This 100%. The difference in actual gaming between a 7800X3D, 7900X3D and 7950X3D is negligible.

The reason the 7800X3D is the better option for the majority is price. The vast majority of PC gaming uses never exceed 4 cores let alone 8. Hell if a 7600X3D 6 core existed I would recommend it over the 8 core part.

I might have done a stupid thing(but hey its fun!) and I am changing 13900k to 7800x3d(found one used for £319) :D
The reason being I wanted to change to mATX, so decided to also change the cpu at the same time :D it will be my first AMD system since Athlon 64...
Surprisingly, mATX options are so limited.
Was deciding between 2 boards:
-Asrock B650m HDV/M2
-Asus Crosshair Gene
The mere fact that the only suitable boards are the cheapest and the most expensive one is very telling :D
Gene is obviously better, but it has GPU backplate clearance problems and Intel LAN, which is problematic.
Hence I went with Asrock - its £100, but it has pcie 5 for m2, decent VRM, black pcb and 2x internal headers for usb 3.1. The next board that on my list was B650m Aorus Elite(lower Gigabyte tiers have brown pcb which is a no go for me), but it did not really provide much over Asrock.
Really wanted pcie 5 for GPU for longetivity, but decided I will change the mobo when it will be needed - maybe B750 will have it by default.

Last edited:
Hi, new poster here

I would appreciate any help from the experts here.

CCD1 on 7950X3D is no longer boosting to 5.7. I've had this problem before but it would go back to 5.7 when I reset the bios. I'm on a MSI X670E Carbon.

Right now, I'm using bios 7D70v1C, the last version before the beta. I tried the beta but that's when I noticed that CCD1 hasn't been jumping to 5.75. I've been monitoring on HWINFO. When I noticed that the top core speed was only going to around 5.4, I went back to the previous bios, but the pattern continued.

I'm using FCLK 2100 and all core CO of negative 20. This has worked for more than a month for me without any crashes. All cores speed is still about the same as always, around 5.0 on CCD0 and 5.2-5.3 on CCD1. I don't touch any of the other PBO settings. Performance is about the same but it's just annoying to see that my top core speed is no longer hitting what it used to.

Not sure if you are still experiencing this issue, but ive had this issue over the weekend with my 7900X3D which only arrived on Friday, tested it and then whipped the lid straight off that sucker, ive had to fight like crazy to figure out what is going on with boost clocks etc, so in your bios you'll have 2 overclocking menus, your motherboards manufacturers tweaker menu and the AMD overclocking menu, the only fix ive found is enter the AMD overclocking menu>PBO, set to advanced and in there set everything to auto, now go back to the top and change advanced back to auto, now set everything up in your Tweaker>PBO menu how you want it, seems like the 2 menus are somehow conflicting with each other.

im also using this custom power plan which seems to have a much more aggressive boost than the windows power plans and parking the cores perfectly without the need for 3rdd party apps like process lasso, AMD Ryzen™ [Zen4-3D-2CCD] Ultimate HighPower 11-v5-Backup-2023.29.5-16.43.43

Last edited:
I am having a strange issue on my new 7800x3d. Latest bios, latest chipset drivers etc.
I have 2 ram kits:
-Adata 6000cl30 - Hynix M-Die (new)
-GSkill 6000c36 - Samsung (from my older Intel setup)
Hynix kit is not stable at anything past 5600MHz, when set to 6000 it instantly crashes any benchmark - with Buldzoid timing it crashed on desktop, while Gskill is rock stable(tested with Memtest/Realbench/Prime95), so its not an issue with the CPU.
I thought Hynix was considered better and easier on memory controller? Is my Hynix kit broken?

Last edited:
I might have done a stupid thing(but hey its fun!) and I am changing 13900k to 7800x3d(found one used for £319) :D
The reason being I wanted to change to mATX, so decided to also change the cpu at the same time :D it will be my first AMD system since Athlon 64...
Surprisingly, mATX options are so limited.
Was deciding between 2 boards:
-Asrock B650m HDV/M2
-Asus Crosshair Gene
The mere fact that the only suitable boards are the cheapest and the most expensive one is very telling :D
Gene is obviously better, but it has GPU backplate clearance problems and Intel LAN, which is problematic.
Hence I went with Asrock - its £100, but it has pcie 5 for m2, decent VRM, black pcb and 2x internal headers for usb 3.1. The next board that on my list was B650m Aorus Elite(lower Gigabyte tiers have brown pcb which is a no go for me), but it did not really provide much over Asrock.
Really wanted pcie 5 for GPU for longetivity, but decided I will change the mobo when it will be needed - maybe B750 will have it by default.
What about the Asrock B650M Pro RS? Worked fine for me so far.

Back
Top Bottom