• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bit late to the party, but those of you that own dual CCD X3D chips, have you suffered any microstutter in games at all? See quite a few threads about it on Reddit but obviously could be people configuring things incorrectly

Windows 10 and depending on power profile, etc. you can get issues with microstutter, etc. Windows 11 has a thread director and if setup correctly most of the issues are solved aside from some minor exceptions. (The Intel CPUs with E cores, etc. are a similar, though different story).

Last edited:
Windows 10 and depending on power profile, etc. you can get issues with microstutter, etc. Windows 11 has a thread director and if setup correctly most of the issues are solved aside from some minor exceptions. (The Intel CPUs with E cores, etc. are a similar, though different story).
Thanks. I went from the 5900x to 5800x3d but do occasionally miss the extra cores in none gaming tasks. Tempted by current 7950x3d prices

I turned expo on but i did change PBO from auto to disabled. I noticed hwmonitor showing some of my cores hitting 5.8ghz and I thought wow maybe this is trying to overclock too hard so I disabled it. I’m not into overlocking and just looking for perfect stability.

I keep reading that people suggest a -20 or 30 offset but is PBO really essential? Having it disabled I’m still getting great performance and my temps are great.

It's locked max at 5Ghz, so you can't hit 5.8.

You really should be enabling PBO as it will allow the CPU to boost all core for longer etc. A negative offset will lower the voltage curve thus allowing a higher sustained multicore boost.

Bit late to the party, but those of you that own dual CCD X3D chips, have you suffered any microstutter in games at all? See quite a few threads about it on Reddit but obviously could be people configuring things incorrectly
I'm on Windows 11 and I've been using the 7950X3D for over a year now. I've not noticed any issues. I only notice stuttering in games that are known to be stuttery due to issues with the game itself, like Jedi Survivor (unless the new patch fixes that..).

If the reports are from people also in Windows 11, I assume the reports might be from people who haven't set the CPU up correctly so processes are crossing between CCDs. As all the reviews have pointed out, it requires a few steps to get it working 100%, and even after a chipset update, you might have to run a command to get it working again(the command was posted a few pages ago I think). It's also worth noting you need to go into game bar when launching a new game to check if it's been recognised as a game. That said, even if game bar hasn't recognised it as a game it shouldn't cause stuttering if the driver is set up correctly - I've never had it do that, you just might get a bit less performance because it'll be locked on the 2nd ccd instead of the 1st.

It's a bit of a faff but I still don't regret getting the CPU. I get top tier gaming performance while still managing to encode videos at a much quicker rate than the 7800x3d would manage.

It's locked max at 5Ghz, so you can't hit 5.8.

You really should be enabling PBO as it will allow the CPU to boost all core for longer etc. A negative offset will lower the voltage curve thus allowing a higher sustained multicore boost.
Yeah I think it’s hwmonitor being stupid. It said I was hitting 6.8ghz the other day lol. Hwinfo shows things at the right speed and temps.

I have enabled pbo and put the curve optimiser to -20 and it’s working well. I might try -30 and see if that works later

I've had no problems this week, just played around 2 hours of Delta Force. When I came out of Delta Force and closed Discord - BSOD

Driver unrecoverable

So I'll try -25 PBO instead of -30 PBO

Last edited:
I've had no problems this week, just played around 2 hours of Delta Force. When I came out of Delta Force and closed Discord - BSOD

Driver unrecoverable

So I'll try -25 PBO instead of -30 PBO
You can always try a per core offset. Takes a while, but it does tweak fully.

I "think" Ryzen master can do this for you, but I don't use it.

Upgraded at last, goodbye Intel, Hello AMD for the first time since Intel Core2Duo launched. After Windows 11 was being a pain in the butt with a clean install and finding a workaround it's all been plain sailing. The 7800x3d is running cool and quiet under my Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE, the Klev Bolt V 6000Mhz C30-36-36-76 1.35v kit is running fine with Expo 1 setting and the Asus ROG Strix B650E-F was a breeze to update the bios before doing anything else. I also upgraded the 1Tb Adata S70 Blade to a 2Tb Seagate Firecuda 530 for a bargain price. After installing Firefox and it refusing to launch new tabs for some reason I have ditched it after a great many years and switched to Floorp (who came up with that name?) which lets me configure it exactly how I want it plus has tiny spacing between the bookmarks in my library unlike Firefox. Now to do some tweaking I suppose and find my way around AMD's software. First job is to suss out PBO plus figure out how to run the infinity fabric 1:1 with the memory.

It's been quite a year with me ditching both Nvidia and Intel for AMD!!

You don't run fabric 1:1 on AM5 since fabric will be running around 2000-2200 and memory will be running 3000. Unless you mean the mem controller clock in which case make it's set to UCLK=MEMCLK. Assume it should be with the Expo profile but you can check using zentimings. I suppose you could technically do it running UCLK=MEMCLK/2 with RAM running at 8000MT/s not sure if there's any benefit though and mine won't run that high to even test it :mad:

Last edited:

This must be a bug right?.
Just checked HWinfo after a two hour session on Satisfactory.
7800x3d Curve optimizer running -30 all cores. Sorry, I've cropped out the sensor when I took the photo, it's showing as CPU Die (Average)

Last edited:

This must be a bug right?.
Just checked HWinfo after a two hour session on Satisfactory.
7800x3d Curve optimizer running -30 all cores. Sorry, I've cropped out the sensor when I took the photo, it's showing as CPU Die (Average)
Known bug with Hwinfo64. It sometimes multiplies values. If your CPU voltage was truly over 2.1V your CPU would be dead before it could generate a reading. Hardware monitor can be run alongside Hwinfo64 to confirm as this app is not affected.

You don't run fabric 1:1 on AM5 since fabric will be running around 2000-2200 and memory will be running 3000. Unless you mean the mem controller clock in which case make it's set to UCLK=MEMCLK. Assume it should be with the Expo profile but you can check using zentimings. I suppose you could technically do it running UCLK=MEMCLK/2 with RAM running at 8000MT/s not sure if there's any benefit though and mine won't run that high to even test it :mad:

I have no idea what any of that means. I haven't been on a AMD platform for a great many years and most of the settings in the bios are gobbledegook to me at the moment. I was reading everywhere that 6000mhz was the highest speed DDR5 to get for running 1:1 with the cpu and I assumed this was referring to the Infinity Fabric which everyone seems to run at 1900mhz. Right now my memory is running at 6000mhz C30-36-36-76 with 1.35v and according to CPU-z a divider of 1:30 which seems high to me. I haveen't even touched PBO yet as I don't know what most of the settings are for. If there is more performance to be unlocked I want it so I need to do a lot more reading up on this new platform.

I have no idea what any of that means. I haven't been on a AMD platform for a great many years and most of the settings in the bios are gobbledegook to me at the moment. I was reading everywhere that 6000mhz was the highest speed DDR5 to get for running 1:1 with the cpu and I assumed this was referring to the Infinity Fabric which everyone seems to run at 1900mhz. Right now my memory is running at 6000mhz C30-36-36-76 with 1.35v and according to CPU-z a divider of 1:30 which seems high to me. I haveen't even touched PBO yet as I don't know what most of the settings are for. If there is more performance to be unlocked I want it so I need to do a lot more reading up on this new platform.
Latest BIOS, apply EXPO profile, save and exit BIOS. See how you get on. Don’t really need to do anything else unless you want to get into tuning the system properly. BIOS will select the sweet spot FCLK depending on the memory frequency you use.

Latest BIOS, apply EXPO profile, save and exit BIOS. See how you get on. Don’t really need to do anything else unless you want to get into tuning the system properly. BIOS will select the sweet spot FCLK depending on the memory frequency you use.
That was the first couple of things I did and it's running nicely. Idle power draw is already lower than my non k 12600 was. I need to learn how to use PBO more than anything now. Do you know a good online guide for it please?

That was the first couple of things I did and it's running nicely. Idle power draw is already lower than my non k 12600 was. I need to learn how to use PBO more than anything now. Do you know a good online guide for it please?
Just enable PBO, set limits to Motherboard, set scalar to x10, set Auto OC to +200, set all core negative curve optimiser to -20 and test. That's the lazy route. Can maybe increase that all core to -25, or even -30+ if you get lucky.

Finally upgraded from i7 8700k to 7800x3D. Must admit I am abit out of the loop when it comes to AMD CPUs and Ryzen.

What is the best advice you can give to someone to ensure they are getting the best of out the chip?

I have a corsair 420mm radiator connected to it.

Back
Top Bottom