• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Yeah had guessed that might have been the case. Was wondering just how much of an impact it was. In cases where it does pick the correct cores but there are not enough is it that much of an issue. I can see games moving at quite the pace in the next few years so even 8 x3d cores are not enough so would be interesting to know.
Check out some core count reviews regarding are X many cores enough for gaming. The answer is yes they are at the moment. Games are still lagging behind the core counts stakes. If they were able to parallel process well you'd should be seeing intel with their core counts hammering the AMD lower core count chips and you aren't at least not in gaming. Fewer faster cores are better than more slower cores. There might be the odd fringe case game but generally rule of thumb stands as it always has.

Associate
Check out some core count reviews regarding are X many cores enough for gaming. The answer is yes they are at the moment. Games are still lagging behind the core counts stakes. If they were able to parallel process well you'd should be seeing intel with their core counts hammering the AMD lower core count chips and you aren't at least not in gaming. Fewer faster cores are better than more slower cores. There might be the odd fringe case game but generally rule of thumb stands as it always has.
Sorry, yes I have seen these videos etc. just interested in how these chips fared when 6 wasn't enough. I have a 5900x at the moment and no way I will drop to 8 so just intrigued really in it's performance. Cyberpunk I know hogs 8 and it won't be long until more are better. I mean 6 is still considered fine but it's not the ultimate gaming choice.

Back
Top Bottom