• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ryzen price drops?

Soldato
What RAM etc... did you go for, what's your build?

My 1800x arrives tomorrow as well :)

1800X
Asus ROG Strix X370-I ITX
Corsair CMU16GX4M2C3000C15R Vengeance LED 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Already have a GTX 1080 to pair it all with inside a Phanteks Evolv Shift :)

Case was a nightmare to build in previously, my PSU was a nightmare to fit (Silverstone SFX Sx500LG) so thankfully I don't need to do that. Hoping for a quick turnaround this time.

Also should recoup a decent bit of cash as I have a rare ASUS ITX board for my i7 3770k currently, the P8H77-I, so I should recoup a decent amount of cash on that.

Soldato
Mines coming via Hermes as well, strange they're not using their own drivers?

Do they give you a delivery window like DPD?

I think they provide you with a 2 hour window from what I can remember.

It must have been held somewhere strange as all the other components were available for next day later on the day ordered whereas the 1800x wasn’t, bizarre.

What’s your build going to be with this?

Man of Honour
I think they provide you with a 2 hour window from what I can remember.

It must have been held somewhere strange as all the other components were available for next day later on the day ordered whereas the 1800x wasn’t, bizarre.

What’s your build going to be with this?

Undecided on motherboard, either the Asus CH6 Hero or the Extreme?

G.SKILL F4-3200C16Q-32GTZKO 32 GB (8 GB x 4) DDR4 Trident Z Series 3200 MHz PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Kit - Black/Orange

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass
Antec Mercury 360 AIO Cooler

And not confirmed either a 1070/1080/1080Ti? Liking the Gigabyte WaterForce 1080?

Soldato
wont it get toasty in there? how are you cooling all that? is your 1080 a stock cooler or aftermarket?

The cooling in the Shift is generally very efficient from my experience. The CPU will be cooled by an H60 in push pull configuration with a 140mm fan pulling cool air in across the Motherboard also.

1080 is a stock cooler so the air is exhausting out the top of the case, all in all it seems to work well :)

Soldato
Undecided on motherboard, either the Asus CH6 Hero or the Extreme?

G.SKILL F4-3200C16Q-32GTZKO 32 GB (8 GB x 4) DDR4 Trident Z Series 3200 MHz PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Kit - Black/Orange

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass
Antec Mercury 360 AIO Cooler

And not confirmed either a 1070/1080/1080Ti? Liking the Gigabyte WaterForce 1080?

Sounds good with plenty of options.

For the GFX option i do think the 1080 hits a nice sweet spot, can’t complain with the performance of it at all.

Take it you’re doing more research on the mobo front then?

Soldato
Well I built my PC today and so far my 1600X is pretty amazing TBH.

I am loving the x370 motherboard as well.

Do Ryzen's run cool? hottest I have had it today was 55c and that is on air and benchmarking.

As for GTA... my FPS is less than 1% lower than on my 4790k (RIP) by my frame times and lows are better.

Very happy chappy.

Soldato
Well I built my PC today and so far my 1600X is pretty amazing TBH.

I am loving the x370 motherboard as well.

Do Ryzen's run cool? hottest I have had it today was 55c and that is on air and benchmarking.

As for GTA... my FPS is less than 1% lower than on my 4790k (RIP) by my frame times and lows are better.

Very happy chappy.

your comparison to your RIP 4790K, is that based on noted down numbers or just a rough estimate? im asking out of curiosity as i got a 4790k myself. What was the clock speed of the 4790k before it died?

Soldato
Yep they are very power efficient until you start getting close to 4 GHz and they have soldered heatspreaders so heat dissipation is excellent.

Hopefully Pinnacle Ridge will push the efficiency envelope up decently.

Soldato
your comparison to your RIP 4790K, is that based on noted down numbers or just a rough estimate? im asking out of curiosity as i got a 4790k myself. What was the clock speed of the 4790k before it died?

They are based on now and then in game benchmarks with Vsync enabled and rough estimate on disabled, although I have a few of those to check later If I can find them. Also my Firestrike results have so far been the same as before, most likely because physics score is 4K higher, graphics score is down about 3-4 %.

Processor was at stock for the last year, before that it was clocked at 4.4 on all cores for a couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom