S2000 owners advice

Soldato
I think you've managed to bag the perfect S2000 TBH. The best colour and the best model year.
The 2005s have all the good stuff such as the stronger diff, nicer styling, better interior, but don't have the pain in the ass things the later ones had such as electronic throttle and traction control. The 2005s also still have the brass shifter bushing rather than the plastic on the later ones which dulled the gearbox feel a little.
Enjoy it, drive the knackers off it, look after it, and it will treat you well. When you come to move it on you won't lose any money and so it's essentially free motoring.
Really appreciate that, thanks and you have all been amazingly helpful (patient) with me being so indecisive:D

Soldato
I think that's awful.. shifting is akward with a cup/can in there.

I'm going to design something to mount by the side where the net storage thing is on passangers side.
Yeah that's what I was thinking!

God the MX5 was awful. Positioned right in the way!

I suppose the coffee to go trend has boomed since the early 2000s and cup holders are better thought about :D

Soldato
Anyone had their underside treated?

Not had a look at mine yet but will, but thinking of getting it Waxoiled/Lanoguarded.

A company that we do various parts for offer a service. £295 plus VAT but said they would do it for £220.

I think it's worth doing at that cost, better than nothing etc

Don
Yeah, printing the mount now. Just going to run it off in PLA to test everything fits and works, then I'll print it in carbon-fibre reinforced nylon if all is good.

Don
Passenger side, next to the gearlever. It hangs off teh transmission tunnel.
I've not tested it yet. Just knocked that up in 10 minutes after scanning.

Soldato
You'll want it completely stripped before doing that otherwise you are just covering up rust that you now won't be able to see.
I'll probably drive over to them and discuss how they would do it and to what extent.

Not sure what to expect under mine, I'm hopeful that it's fine. Only so much you can see from a driveway private sale.

There's no mention of rust/surface rust to suspension or anything on any of its MOTs where as when I was looking for an MX5, their histories were riddled with advisories like that.

Have you had yours done out of interest?

Back
Top Bottom