• Howe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clement

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Mourinho

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Can't understand why Chelsea have taken this long?! There were enough rumours floating around for half of last season that he was getting the boot it was practically common knowledge, so why on earth let him go on all the way till the middle of July and actually take pre season training!

Only reason I can think of is they wanted him to quit to save on the payoff.

Soldato
Inept from Chelsea given that it was an open secret for most of last season that he was for the chop. Doesn't leave them much time to appoint a successor and buy him some players and also difficult with the World Cup players only just going on their holidays. Plus the speculations surrounding Hazard and Willian. Could be an awkward few weeks.

Don
The manager at Chelsea doesn't sign the players, as Conte liked to tell everybody. As for finding his replacement, if reports are to be believed then they found his replacement a long time ago and the delay in sacking Conte is most likely linked to the delay in reaching an agreement with Napoli for Sarri.

Soldato
The manager at Chelsea doesn't sign the players, as Conte liked to tell everybody. As for finding his replacement, if reports are to be believed then they found his replacement a long time ago and the delay in sacking Conte is most likely linked to the delay in reaching an agreement with Napoli for Sarri.

hence me saying "buy him some players".

Soldato
The appointment of a manager shouldn't effect their attempts to buy players though, if the above is the case.

I was listing the things that they still have to take care of in order to prepare for the new season. They didn't sack their manager until today, they haven't appointed his replacement yet and they haven't been active in the transfer market. That isn't ideal. The Conte sacking dragged out for so long that it was actually being suggested that he might be staying!

Don
I know, the point I was getting at was that given how little input the manager has, there's no reason to think they haven't made some headway with their transfer targets.

Soldato
I know, the point I was getting at was that given how little input the manager has, there's no reason to think they haven't made some headway with their transfer targets.

Maybe they have we will see, nevertheless they haven't announced so far so I can only go on what I see which is a club well off the pace for the new season as it stands. Their last match was two months ago, it seems silly to keep the uncertainty going over Conte when there appeared to be no chance he would remain. Anyway, as a Man Utd fan Im happy to see them with much work to do. That said following their model they will win the league anyway!

Back
Top Bottom