• Howe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clement

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Mourinho

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
Don
Unless they say he resigned then it's a safe bet that he was sacked because of the pay off you mention - no manager walks away from all that money.

As for whether it makes sense to do it now, I actually think it makes perfect sense. You have to remember we've got a WC this summer (not sure how many internationals WBA have got tbf) and we've got a shortened transfer window from this summer onwards so any new manager that takes over at the start of pre-season may only have a month or so to evaluate the players and then make the changes and signings he wants. West Brom are down and Pardew staying or going is not going to change that. West Brom have to decide on who is the right person to bring them back up next season and if that's not Pardew, which it obviously isn't, then make the change now and give the new manager the next 5-6 weeks to work with these players to help him plan for next season.

Caporegime
Carvalhal leaving Swansea at the end of the season: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44064957
Seems a bit crazy to get rid of a manager with a decent track record in the Championship when you're going to be playing in it next season.
His contract was only until the end of the season anyway. Swansea are desperate these days. Is that six managers in three years or something ridiculous?

Associate
His contract was only until the end of the season anyway. Swansea are desperate these days. Is that six managers in three years or something ridiculous?

Yea I saw that but the article made it sound like the club decided not to renew though - maybe it was a mutual decision.

Agree, the way that the club have dealt with managers over the past few years is crazy - Carvalhal was the second coming a few weeks ago, and seems like a good guy to have in the Championship. I can only think that they're lining up Chris Coleman so they can say they've got someone who 'understands the club', unfortunately it seems he doesn't understand how to manage at club level.

Caporegime
I guess Rooney is staying then... now to bring in a manager who will never sub or drop him and operation me me me is complete.

Caporegime
I hope Everton get relegated next season.

Wow

Relegation bound to 8th and get the sack

Marco silva next whos proper relegation material!

The dross underneath Everton is what kept them up this season. Why on earth would Everton want to keep a manager who plays the kind of football he does. He was well rewarded for his efforts. I don't want Marco Silva either but no one was going to stand for Sams brand of football for very much longer. Zero shots on target, unforgivable football even if he didn't buy the players. No one would want him to spend for the future.

Soldato
The dross underneath Everton is what kept them up this season. Why on earth would Everton want to keep a manager who plays the kind of football he does. He was well rewarded for his efforts. I don't want Marco Silva either but no one was going to stand for Sams brand of football for very much longer. Zero shots on target, unforgivable football even if he didn't buy the players. No one would want him to spend for the future.

Why wouldnt you give him chance to have a full transfer window

He signed walcott whos been one of the best players since he joined

Back
Top Bottom