Samsung 226BW grows to 24" model - The Samsung 245B Widescreen!!

Soldato
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVXTeGTp5tw

There's a video of a 2407wfp (unsure which revision) vs a CRT in clone mode. You can be the judge of whether it would bother you. I got an A04 yesterday, having come from a CRT. I played a little HL2 as a test and think I may have had a tendency to overshoot things slightly while turning (which is what you'd expect if input lag was affecting my gaming skills but it could just be me getting used to a bigger monitor). It didn't really 'feel' slow, however.

I'm really pleased with the monitor and don't think the amount of lag will be a problem for me. I'm not sure I'd want to use it if I played FPSs competitively though.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi, I have found some user reviews on a US site, can I post here (they dont ship to the UK)?

(yes this screen has just started shipping in the US).

Associate
I too have seen the same Samsung SM-245B monitor for £350 inc vat somewhere else. And if you really look you can get a brand new Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP 24" A04 £399 inc delivery.

Like a lot of people on here i've spent £1000's on OcUK over the years, I've got the money Gibbo if you've got the right price.

I'm gonna hang back to see reviews of the samsung before i decide which to buy, I've learned in the past when i've bought simply because of impatience.

ETA: 22/06/07 Just wondering how accurate this eta is?

Last edited:
Soldato
XysteR said:
ETA: 22/06/07 Just wondering how accurate this eta is?

Only the good Lord himself knows.

This thing has been 'near release' for too long. I was really interested in getting one (maybe two) but just couldn't wait any longer.

I think Samsung's messing about with this monitor has been very good for etailers, in that people have gotten so impatient with it - they've upped their orders by £50-£100 and got the 2407WFP instead.

Associate
....And went for the better monitor it seems. I've done a lot of looking and going off some american reviews its a great monitor for the money, the gripe seems to be the samsung is too big for the type of panel it uses. 22" max for that type of panel from what i've been reading. Also i noticed someone on here does not like the 22" version at all, something to do with BF2 looking & feeling weird with it.

Associate
Darren1987 said:
load of bs, BF2 is fine on the 226.. unless he got a c panel :rolleyes:

Well that info about BF2 never came from me, and in a reply me and someone else gave him we took it with a pinch of salt too, you don't have to look far to read his post. To be honest tho i've gave up waiting for the samsung. I thought i had patience but not for this length of time. After searching through the net,(mainly results over the pond) I've found quite a few negative things about both the 22" and the 24" Samsung panel.

On the Dell side of my search with results from all over the planet i've found far too much info about the dell that says its the 'daddy' so on that strength i've just bought one for £399 inc delivery.

Associate
only if your looking at it from above or the side, and i can't see why anyone would need to.

the samsung is height adjustable so you wouldnt have that problem.

ETA is the 22nd.. i hope to arrives :mad:

MPK

MPK

Associate
XysteR said:
On the Dell side of my search with results from all over the planet i've found far too much info about the dell that says its the 'daddy' so on that strength i've just bought one for £399 inc delivery.

I'm also inbetween the 2407 and the 245BW, but for £399 incl. delivery i'd definitely go for the 2407. May I ask where you can get it at that price? OCUK has it for £493.50 :eek:

Associate
XysteR said:

Can you email me the info if possible? Im looking at getting a 24' screen after selling my 226BW. I was going to wait for the 24 samsung but the delivery date is july at a competitor and thats definate :(

My email is [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom