Samsung 245T available from OcUK at great price!!

C64

C64

Soldato
I don't understand Price: £399.99+VAT (£469.99 inc VAT) then when you go to buy it is £529.99 (£622.74 inc VAT).

Associate
i'm hopefully going to borrow one from Samsung at some point soon too, so will certainly report back when i do :)

Nice one, i hope its in the near future as i'm really interested in getting this monitor but without any decent reviews i'm not willing to take the plunge.

Also, it would be good if Gibbo could do a little more haggling to bring the price down - its just if it turns out that the screen is similar to the Dell/BenQ then the extra cost may not be justified.

Associate
i'm hopefully going to borrow one from Samsung at some point soon too, so will certainly report back when i do :)

will certainly appreciate that, also apple is updating thier screens in january, so I may well hold of until then. They will be similar cost wise however knowing that they will be 100% gamut, IPS and have low input lag is too hard to resist.

Associate
This looks really nice, but the £622.74 pricetag is a bit steep without any decent reviews...

What happened to the price it was originally? (£469.99)

Associate
There is definitely a lack of anything significant out there in regards to this monitor, unless people who have bought it can give us some feedback. If it gets even 1 decent review i think i'll be buying this screen.

Meanwhile, as we are waiting check out the link below for some glamour shots of it :)

http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news-14920-The+new+Syncmaster+245T+from+Samsung.html

p.s. You'd think they would at least try and do a better job of adding pictures onto the screen - its funny how it doesn't show any reflection!! (4th pic at bottom) :)

Caporegime
There is definitely a lack of anything significant out there in regards to this monitor, unless people who have bought it can give us some feedback. If it gets even 1 decent review i think i'll be buying this screen.

Meanwhile, as we are waiting check out the link below for some glamour shots of it :)

http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news-14920-The+new+Syncmaster+245T+from+Samsung.html

p.s. You'd think they would at least try and do a better job of adding pictures onto the screen - its funny how it doesn't show any reflection!! (4th pic at bottom) :)

That's so funny :D

Associate

you'd think they would at least plug the screen in if they were going to show it off right?

i'm going to buy one of these by the end of the week, they do look and sound really good... i just hope to god the apparent colour/lag problem isn't as bad as that crazy review (i don't really trust that review all that much) claims it to be.

i origionally bought a Dell 2407WFP-HC last week, and had to send it straight back for a refund! - that black ghosting defect really is extremely bad! (especially in WoW.)

Another question though! when do you think overclockers will have the japanese model in stock? ;p

Last edited:
Associate
i'm going to buy one of these by the end of the week, they do look and sound really good... i just hope to god the apparent colour/lag problem isn't as bad as that crazy review (i don't really trust that review all that much) claims it to be.

i origionally bought a Dell 2407WFP-HC last week, and had to send it straight back for a refund! - that black ghosting defect really is extremely bad! (especially in WoW.)

The Dell was top of my list until the ghosting issue, now I'm thinking about the 245T, or I may wait for a unit with LED backlighting.

Soldato
If it was under £500 I proberly woulda gone for it but even reading that review seems the Samsung wasnt all that impressive, most folk were right the 2407 original is still the top choice for 24inch screens.

I cheekerly tried emailing Ocuk and tried to get the price down to one from the 1st page but it didnt work, had to try it lol

Associate
I just spotted these test results from another forum:

245T via DVI and CRT (Sony GDM-FW9011 1920x1200) via VGA

First test was with MPA feature turned off on the 245T:

[Average of 30 measurements]
Min.: 31
Max.: 62 (one measurement)
Ave.: 41.87ms (=2.5 frames latency)

Second test with MPA turned on:

[Average of 20 measurements]
Min.: 16
Max.: 63 (again, one measurement)
Ave.: 40.65ms (=2.43 frames latency)

In reality, what does these results indicate? Would you notice lag?

Any input would be helpful.

Cheers.

Man of Honour
compared with some other screens that lag is quite high, but tbh in practice, not many users experience problems with input lag. If you're a big gamer and play a lot of FPS then you may notice it, but it's not a commonly reported problem really imo

Associate
Thanks for the reply Baddass.

In comparison with the more popular models like the Dell 2407 & BenQ FP241W (not even listed on OcUK anymore!!) would this screen have a similar lag to them?

I don't mind paying a premium (within reason) for something that will last me and the Samsung 245T seems to fit the bill but without hard facts/ user reviews its hard to make a judgement. If this turns out to be a winner i'd buy it in a shot but i'm being swayed by the NEC2690 as it seems to be an awesome monitor.

I generally use my pc for games (halflife/MOH/Bioshock/etc), graphics (2D/3D/web), video (movies) - would the Samsung or NEC be a good allrounder for my purpose?

Thanks

Man of Honour
as an indication, this shows average input lag across the popular 24" screens:

input_lag.jpg

the Samsung looks a promising screen, but there's not enough reviews or user opinions of it yet imo. I hope to have a chance to review it soon, but waiting for Samsung to get samples in at the mo. The NEC 2690WUXi is more of a pro graphics / colour enthusiast screen than a gamers option i would say though....

Associate
That average input lag table dosen't do the 245T any favours, in some cases it being nearly double the lag. I'll eagerly await any reviews to appear before making a final decision though.

The reason for looking at the NEC2690WUXi is the fact that it has an IPS panel. With my brother having the NEC20WGX2 and seeing how good that is, I was looking for something similar only at a larger size.

Back
Top Bottom