Samsung A70 6.7" 4500 no curved screen ~£400

Soldato
Yep, direct from Three as an upgrade. Nothing extra installed that I can see, but my CSC is H3G rather than BTU so firmware releases will be behind by however long it takes for Three to approve the update. No real way of knowing how long that will take until the update drops lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone with a dual SIM model managed to get Google's RCS working in Messages app ? I've been trying for two days for it to register my number but it won't.

Soldato
Just received my A70, very pleased so far

What is the best screen protector to go for? I bought one from Amazon, and not finding it a great fit...

Soldato
They are probably all made by the same people in the same factory ...

Mine was a very very tight fit to get it aligned with the screen. A few 10ths of a mm wider would have been helpful.

Got bored waiting for the H3G firmware update so I'm now on BTU. Better :)

Associate
The cashback and trade-in deal was really great. Only the trade-in still available sadly. Screen protectors are a pain in the backside. I found the best ones are those with black borders around, to prevent the halo type effect, but at the same time they seem to block a few mm of the display. A real pain.

Where would I find the firmware information on an A70. I thought the obvious was system settings > about phone > software information.

One UI version - 1.1
Android - 9
Security level - May 2019

Then baseband, kernel, build, knox and others have long strings. Is one of them the firmware?

Incidentally though, my A70 did an update earlier this week, around 30th July which needed a reboot. Not checked for the camera improvements that's been mentioned up-thread, but I noticed the green graphic for the fingerprint sensor is different.

Soldato
Finding the battery life to be amazing, easily getting 48 hours between charging! So glad I went for it, despite it being larger than I'd like, it's almost perfect for me.

Caporegime
Finding the battery life to be amazing, easily getting 48 hours between charging! So glad I went for it, despite it being larger than I'd like, it's almost perfect for me.

I paid £159 I think after trading in an iphone 6, crazy value. Only issue for me is the fingerprint scanner, and would like a louder speaker sometimes. Screen, battery life and even the SoC performance is great.

I also like you dont get stuck with the inferior Exynos version like you do when you buy a UK S10 variant, that would bug me.

Underboss
Im getting annoyed with my current phone on a daily basis now
so i will be buying one of these soon !!

Recommend me a decent case that isnt wallet style that will protect the phone a lot (inc sides and screen if possible) and a screen protector :)

many thanks

Underboss
Back
Top Bottom