Samsung Galaxy S... highest spec Android phone released... also with QWERTY!

Associate
[YG]Bug-Eyed;16861971 said:
does anyone know when this is comming out on t mobile? I have requested my pac code earlier this week and looking at alternative providers, but just concerned about moving away from 3gig internet on t mob as it gives a lot more confidence for the future!

July 11th

BTW how did you get 3gb internet deal?

Associate
[YG]Bug-Eyed;16862333 said:
cheers - what's the source for the 11th?

3 gig on all android phones iirc, currently got G1

Awesome, gonna try that out asap.

Wanted the GS but it wasnt out, called to cancel my contract and their retention dept told me its in testing and will be out on 11 July. Also got a 50% discount for the next 3 months ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Just ordered one of these from carphone warehouse, as my contract was due up. I was told they have the 16 gig versions, so i will find out tomorrow. If it's not it will be going beck.

I will upload some pictures against the x10 tomorrow, if i get time.

Man of Honour
Just ordered one of these from carphone warehouse, as my contract was due up. I was told they have the 16 gig versions, so i will find out tomorrow. If it's not it will be going beck.

I will upload some pictures against the x10 tomorrow, if i get time.

The 16 gig versions ONLY come directly from Vodafone if I remember correctly, but maybe if its on Vodafone via CPW it may be a 16.

Soldato
Guys, can someone help me with Launcher pro? I've uninstalled it and tried reinstalling it, but i can't get it to load up?! I've pressed home but the option doesn't come up to set it as default?!

Soldato
The 16 gig versions ONLY come directly from Vodafone if I remember correctly, but maybe if its on Vodafone via CPW it may be a 16.

I'm on o2. But it had better be the 16gb, as i must have asked about 5 times to make sure.

I even asked if it was 8 gb internal and 8 gb memory card, he said no it's internal.

But don't carphone warehouse use unbranded? as all my phones with them in the past have been unlocked.

Soldato
I'm on o2. But it had better be the 16gb, as i must have asked about 5 times to make sure.

I even asked if it was 8 gb internal and 8 gb memory card, he said no it's internal.

But don't carphone warehouse use unbranded? as all my phones with them in the past have been unlocked.

16gb is deffo Vodafone only at the minute fella so I'd expect an 8gb if I were you.

Mine came from the Carphone and is unlocked & unbranded.

Associate
What good cases to protect this phone is there, i can't find any really, maybe cause its a new phone i dunno. So any good protectors for this phone, dont want to scratch up this awesome screen :D

Soldato
Why not just put in a 32GB micro SD card...

As surely you wouldn't need more then 40GB of space..

Due to the fact I'm only getting it due to my contract being up. I already have the sony x10, so i was only getting it to have a play about with, and probably sell it on.

I could have had £400 cashback on my contract, and not had a new phone.

And the 8gb is not going to get anywhere near what the 16gb will get on selling on value.

So if it comes as the 8gb, it will just be sent right back, and i will just get the cash back.

As for space i already have 2x16 gb micor sd cards full of music, which i carry around. i tend to have them at a higher bit rate, so the space is soon eaten up.

Last edited:
Associate
Wow, so your an existing customer? I tired and they were having none of it as after a few years at the standard £35 I went on simplicity about a year ago at £20 and bought a bold and apparently I need to pay £35 again and "buy" the phone for 90.

So just to help me, whats the circumstances? How many years you been a customer and how did you go about getting such a good deal? Instore or over the phone?

Thanks!

The truth is my mate works at o2 although im sure he said he had no more discount to give out, but maybe he's able to use the discount he gave me for my simplicity package and transfer that to the galaxy! I've been a customer for probably 2 years now.

Soldato
Oh snap, my mate works at o2 as well so I get upgrades for free and 30% off, but you don't get loyalty on staff accounts so was just wondering fi you can get that I could wean myself of his discount as he may be leaving soon.

Associate
Hmmm got the text today apparently there in stock! Now i gotta decide whether or not i want insurance... It's an extra 7 quid a month so bumps it up quite a lot, accidental damage will more than likely be covered by house insurance, am i right?

Soldato
Very nice phone. But I am trying to connect it to my computer and the USB driver won't install, anyone using this with Windows7 64 bit?

tried 2 computers now. Can't be me...

got it, had to download some driver from a random forum, seems a bit poor.

I mean I only have windows7 ultimate x64, the flagshop OS and this, Samsungs flagship phone, why test them, :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom