Samsung Galaxy S... highest spec Android phone released... also with QWERTY!

Caporegime
OP
Any reasons?

New software addresses the traditional complaints, phone is amazingly slim, has HD recording, and the hardware specs are very solid. If it didn't tie you into a 2 year contract, and Apple weren't so fanatic about what they approve on the market, it would be an epic win in my opinion. Either way im seriously considering one given the awesome apps thast are available, especially that will be useful to me in my part of the world. And yes, again, it pains me to say this.

Man of Honour
New software addresses the traditional complaints, phone is amazingly slim, has HD recording, and the hardware specs are very solid. If it didn't tie you into a 2 year contract, and Apple weren't so fanatic about what they approve on the market, it would be an epic win in my opinion. Either way im seriously considering one given the awesome apps thast are available, especially that will be useful to me in my part of the world. And yes, again, it pains me to say this.

New software barely touches on any of the main complaints that I am aware of :(

You know Google are going to catch up thick and fast with Apps now Froyo is stable and released, they haven't even been trying until now.

I trust you know what you are on about (to a certain extent :eek: :p), I would have thought you'd want a Desire over this, by quite a clear margin, but if you think it's the phone for you, then so be it!

Soldato

Dont think the iphone 4 has much apart from higher screen res over the Galaxy TBH, oh apart from it being .6 mm thinner. Check the specs out on GSM arena http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3115&idPhone2=3275
The only thing the Galaxy suffers in is the camera not having a flash, but TBH single LED flashes arent really worth it as there pretty poor anyway. Its all down to if you prefer Android or iOS in the long run, both are going to be good phones in the end.

Caporegime
OP
New software barely touches on any of the main complaints that I am aware of :(

You know Google are going to catch up thick and fast with Apps now Froyo is stable and released, they haven't even been trying until now.

I trust you know what you are on about (to a certain extent :eek: :p), I would have thought you'd want a Desire over this, by quite a clear margin, but if you think it's the phone for you, then so be it!

Well I know what im talking about as far as my opinion goes, which I guess is the same for most of us, I never claim to be an authority on anything, im just a gadget lover with experience... no more, no less. Ive had Android for a while now and while I love it, I feel the apps are not up to scratch as far as the iPhone goes (all things similar, ie: competing apps), especially for my area of the world. It's not all about hardware, it's about a phone doing what you need on a day to day basis without you having ot give it much thought... and the 4G seems to be pipping it for me at the moment.

The transport apps are much better, the skiing/travel apps are much better, and everything works quickly and seamlessly. With multitasking now enabled (to an extent, I know), i'm finding very few things I can moan about. Once its jailbroken and I can be naughty with apps etc then I can see myself being very happy with it, STUPID non-replaceable battery aside.

The Samsung phones are at the edn of the day not options as their updates are slow and support often non-existant... I would realistically go with a HTC as my next phone, if the 4G doesn't pull me over to the dark side.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I completely agree the Apps on Android need to be improved and Google need to get a lot of official ones going, like Paypal and Transport Apps.

Android in that respect is still well in development and it's clear to me that Google want the OS itself sorting out before they start pulling companies and developers over to Android and making Apps for it. They have got a superb OS sorted now with Froyo.

I too am a gadget lover and I'll buy just about anything in that department, including iPhones. I really wanted this iPhone to be good but the software is still the same old Lock screen to menu wall of Apps parade that I could just never go back to.

Here's hoping the iPhone 4GS has some better improvements for me. Lord knows what HTC will have out by then and at that point hopefully Androids App system will be far more polished, I'm almost certain it will be.

Maybe something from HTC that can do the cooking and cleaning perhaps? :p

Caporegime
OP
Maybe so. ALl I know is I quite fancy experiencing the best the iPhone has t offer for a year, and then seeing how Android is doing. My Milestone has just showed me that it's notyet quite polished enough to make daily use an absolute pleasure.

Man of Honour
Samsung I9000 Galaxy S is now available for pre-order in Vodafone UK. You can get one free on 2-year contract starting out at 35 pounds plan. The date is 15 June.

Here and Here

Looking forward to the reviews, I hope the Samsung software doesn't cripple it somewhat like Sony did to the X10 :(

Soldato
The more I look at the Galaxy S the less I'm put off by the boring exterior and the more I'm seduced by the beating heart inside it. I really might get one when I upgrade. The only thing I'm really worried about is how long it will take to get froyo.

Edit: Wow at the 3D speed!!

(neocore)

Last edited:

Aod

Aod

Soldato
is it wierd that i'm still totally happy with my Milestone? i've had it for six months and it still performs all the functions i need it to when i bought it.

i wonder what'll be on the market when i'm up for my upgrade :D

Soldato
I swore never to get another samsung phone after the omnia 900 but now looking at this I might upgrade to it.

same here, i love the sound of this phone, i cant upgrade till january now though so hopefully there will be a even better version. even some of the moto phones look tempting :eek:

Man of Honour
I love the way everyone is whinging about no HDMI when the Desire wont even play DivX! Surely thats a far, far bigger fail?

Soldato
is it wierd that i'm still totally happy with my Milestone? i've had it for six months and it still performs all the functions i need it to when i bought it.

i wonder what'll be on the market when i'm up for my upgrade :D
The milestone is a pretty good phone, still got a nice processor and the GPU I've heard is better than the nexus/desire. It was the best phone by a wide margin when it came out, the Galaxy S is the milestone of today, going to be keeping people happy for a very long time.

Back
Top Bottom