Samsung Galaxy S... highest spec Android phone released... also with QWERTY!

Soldato
I don't get double texts but I seem to have a case of texts still being marked as unread after I've read and replied to them. Once I go into it again it seems to resolve it's self. I'm inclined to think that this may be due to SMS Popup rather than the phone it's self, however...

alx

alx

Soldato
For those getting 2 text notifications, are you using a SMS app other than the default one?

If so you need to disable its notifications so only the new apps SMS notifications show up.

Soldato
so what firmware are you guys using now?

im on JM2 still and want to try 2.2, should i just wait till official release is out?

I was going to flash to the latest 2.2 that was leaked (JPC) but apparently it modifies the product code on the phone meaning you have to modify the phone to get it back to stock again.

I've chosen now to flash back to an earlier release, update to JM1 officially via kies and wait for the official 2.2. Shouldnt be too long now!

Soldato
I was going to flash to the latest 2.2 that was leaked (JPC) but apparently it modifies the product code on the phone meaning you have to modify the phone to get it back to stock again.

I've chosen now to flash back to an earlier release, update to JM1 officially via kies and wait for the official 2.2. Shouldnt be too long now!

sounds like a plan and less hassle :)

Thanks

Soldato

Is it possible that flashing to another firmware (I'm on JF5) would stop you from seeing JM1 in Kies? Cause I've still not been presented with the option to flash to that...

Soldato

Didn't change mine. JPC is working well, GPS is improved. Rooting is a little more involved, but that will be the same for all the new 2.2 builds. If your worried about the product code backup the contents of the root folder /efs folder first. Simple enough to restore the correct files if its does change the product code.

Associate

Indeed, with the JPC update that you can get via kies, it shows that hopefully the full product is not far off. What is making me laugh is people who don't know what they're doing are complaining because flashing JPC is bricking their phone and/or changing their product code... I'm like "Well don't flash a firmware you essentially have to hack to get..."

Soldato
Brought my laptop into work to do my mates lag fix, rebooted into recovery with adb pc suit, and it works a treat, just ran the lag fix prog and rebooting now.

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
Guys i have taken a photo of my niece using the camera and have gone > Message > Attach > Gallery << select photo>> just wrote something like test etc but it still not sending at all

im with 02 .
any idea?

Soldato
Right, got meself a Galaxy S :)
Where to start? I've upgraded from a hero which was 2.2. Is it ready for this phone yet? Cant find it anywhere but blogs saying there is one :(

Back
Top Bottom