Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Man of Honour
Thanks everybody, I've just bought an S23U 256gb for £410 so it was a no brainer.
This will leave me money to buy a new Samsung Galaxy Watch6 44mm to replace my Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS.
I did all the 'fake' tests on it and it looks genuine, he even did some himself because he deals in phones.

Update
Just got back from buying a brand new sealed Samsung Galaxy Watch6 44mm for £140, I was getting one from Argos tomorrow for £209.

Last edited:
Associate
Asking here as it's the more active thread. Just got round to updating my S22U with the One U.I update and I'm having trouble with how the swipe gestures have changed.

I've been using them for years with them all as swipe up from the bottom, far left for recent apps, middle for home and far right for back. The change seems to have made it so that anywhere along the bottom is home, then swipe in from the right is back and in from left maybe recent apps though I find it very inconsistent.

Has anyone found a way to set it back to the old way? I've tried changing sensitivity and turning off the assistant and circle search options but nothing there to change back to the old layout.

Edit: nevermind, I've found all the complaints and the solution in the S23 thread. Such an idiotic update but that's Samsung for you :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The market seems flooded with these atm - loads of people are getting them free with their S24 purchases. Let me know how it is, I'm considering getting one myself.

I said in another thread even though I have a Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS I'm not going to claim it's way better however I'm glad I've got it.
Some things weren't working any more on the Ticwatch but everything works on this.
Battery life is excellent, with everything on including Maps most of the.day it used 40%.
I'm really happy with it.
I'm one of those idiots who always stayed away from Samsung but now I'm realising they are great.

Soldato
Yep looks like the s24 ultra deals are back on, seen someone get it for around 700 with a free watch6.

I ordered a galaxy tab s9 with free watch6 for £319. Will keep the watch and sell the tab s9 on I think.

Last edited:
Associate
Are the screens any better on the S24U? I've got an S23U, the screen protector is a pain, it's the Whitestone Dome one which has a ridiculous installation process. The fingerprint scanner is very hit and miss, apparently a big issue with the phone due to the curves on the screen.

Man of Honour
Are the screens any better on the S24U? I've got an S23U, the screen protector is a pain, it's the Whitestone Dome one which has a ridiculous installation process. The fingerprint scanner is very hit and miss, apparently a big issue with the phone due to the curves on the screen.

On the S23U I bought last week I didn't even know there was a screen protector on it until I came to put one on about 3 days later.
I have no idea what make it is though but it all works perfectly.

Associate
On the S23U I bought last week I didn't even know there was a screen protector on it until I came to put one on about 3 days later.
I have no idea what make it is though but it all works perfectly.
There isn't one preinstalled, unless you got lucky with that one. All the tempered glass ones are bloody hard to put on though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Never had an issue with the official screen protector. You wouldn't know it's there once installed and would last for months. But did find the quality of the S23 protector wasn't as good as the S22 version, so I used them instead (they are the same size)

Soldato
I have this one on mine:

It has an outrageous installation process with way too many single use plastic, but it is basically invisible. I fell off my skateboard a few weeks back and it cracked but screen was fine.

Fingerprint sensor is probably.....80% of what it was? Sometimes you have to "lick" your thumb to get it to register perfectly. My hands are battered from DIY tho.

Back
Top Bottom