Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Yes it has the super fast charge 1.0, but not 2.0.

So 25W not 45W.

You're one supports PPS 25W too. Make sure you're using the correct port. Try port 1 or 2.
Yep, I'm using the top type C to type C port with a 100w rated cable. Pretty sure I only ever see 'Fast Charging' on screen when I first connect it. I'm away at the moment but will need to check when I get back.

Yeah have a double check.
Yeah have a double check.

Untitled.png

Think I'm good you know, the UGreen 65w charger is maxing out my S24 Ultra's charging :D

I can purchase a unlocked S24 U for £779 then trade my old S20 in for £113.
Should I stay or should I go?

All s24 ultra are unlocked.

I'd only consider the above deal if it was the 1TB model. My personal budget was £650 for an s24 ultra, I don't believe these 1k+ handsets are worth anywhere near that.

If you can sell your s20 elsewhere do that instead and trade in a £10 handset, that's what I did and got my s24 ultra for £609 and managed to keep my s22 ultra.

Help on S24 U: When on a call my internet doesn't work.

I'm sure it's got something to do with VoLTE but in my settings I see this:
4G calling SIM 1
VoLTE calls SIM 2

They are the only options I see and both are enabled.

I have 2 simcards in, sim1 is o2 and sim2 is ee. Any ideas?

All s24 ultra are unlocked.

I'd only consider the above deal if it was the 1TB model. My personal budget was £650 for an s24 ultra, I don't believe these 1k+ handsets are worth anywhere near that.

If you can sell your s20 elsewhere do that instead and trade in a £10 handset, that's what I did and got my s24 ultra for £609 and managed to keep my s22 ultra.
Apologies, my interpretation of unlocked was not in any contract. Good point about using any phone for a trade in though.
However when purchasing from Samsung direct it is impossible to get to your figure for the 1tb version, not that I need the space anyway..

Last edited:
Apologies, my interpretation of unlocked was not in any contract. Good point about using any phone for a trade in though.
However when purchasing from Samsung direct it is impossible to get to your figure for the 1tb version, not that I need the space anyway..
I actually ordered a second s24 ultra from samsung and received it just last week, it cost me £899 (with another trade-in of a broken iphone which cost me £10) - the 200 cashback has just been approved so it comes to £699 and it came with a free 44mm watch6.

Do you have access to the discounted samsung site via things like perks at work?

I actually ordered a second s24 ultra from samsung and received it just last week, it cost me £899 (with another trade-in of a broken iphone which cost me £10) - the 200 cashback has just been approved so it comes to £699 and it came with a free 44mm watch6.

Do you have access to the discounted samsung site via things like perks at work?
Which storage version are you pricing up and are you applying other discounts because the ultra 256gb @ samsung is £1259, take off the trade in and the £200 that makes it £909.
You have me at a loss as to how you are reaching that figure of £699...

Which storage version are you pricing up and are you applying other discounts because the ultra 256gb @ samsung is £1259, take off the trade in and the £200 that makes it £909.
You have me at a loss as to how you are reaching that figure of £699...
Samsung have a discounted site which you can access through perks at work - look into this and see if you can make an account. Students also have access to the reduced prices and there's various other ways of accessing the 'discounted' samsung store but if you can access the website via one of these, the 256gb s24 ultra is (or was) £999. Trade in bought it down to £899 which was basically trading in ANY broken handset and the cashback brings it to £699 - with the free watch6.

The discount site however doesn't accept voucher codes. It was my birthday last month and I used the 15% code that samsung emailed me, with the 5% code for using the app for the first time with tons of others codes at the time that were all stacking up to bring the s24 ultra down from £1249 (main site) to £609. This was before the cashback or watch6 offer but I was happy to pay £609 for it.

Samsung have a discounted site which you can access through perks at work - look into this and see if you can make an account. Students also have access to the reduced prices and there's various other ways of accessing the 'discounted' samsung store but if you can access the website via one of these, the 256gb s24 ultra is (or was) £999. Trade in bought it down to £899 which was basically trading in ANY broken handset and the cashback brings it to £699 - with the free watch6.

The discount site however doesn't accept voucher codes. It was my birthday last month and I used the 15% code that samsung emailed me, with the 5% code for using the app for the first time with tons of others codes at the time that were all stacking up to bring the s24 ultra down from £1249 (main site) to £609. This was before the cashback or watch6 offer but I was happy to pay £609 for it.
Sadly an area I can't access as I'm not a student with email address that can be verified. Been there and tried that t-shirt tens of years ago...

Last edited:
Sadly an area I can't access as I'm not a student with email address that can be verified. Been there and tried that t-shirt months ago...
I made an account on perks are work using my personal Gmail address and it seems to be working fine. Think on my first s24 ultra it took me over an hour collating all the codes until finally I got the last one - from the third customer service advisor I spoke too, bringing it down to £609! If you're prepared to put in a bit of legwork you can get it for a reasonable price - also check hukd for all the recent tab s9 and s24 deals.

Last edited:
I made an account on perks are work using my personal Gmail address and it seems to be working fine. Think on my first s24 ultra it took me over an hour collating all the codes until finally I got the last one - from the third customer service advisor I spoke too, bringing it down to £609! If you're prepared to put in a bit of legwork you can get it for a reasonable price - also check hukd for all the recent tab s9 and s24 deals.
Brilliant, same price of £609. I owe you a beer!!!

Back
Top Bottom